• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone from North West England?

Hi Grom are you going privately in Preston?:eek:

Hi Leslie
yes I can see your posts!
I have an appointment for my first consultation on 19th December. Like you it is all happening quickly as I only really decided I wanted to do something last week! I want to have the band as I don't want to lose too quickly and I don't want a long recovery period after the op. Reading stories on here people seem to lose well with the band so am hoping it will work for me.
Are you going privately or NHS? I am only up the road from you and my consultation is in Preston.
hi grom,
im hoping to go on nhs. i went to see my doctor about 2 months ago begging for this surgery after everything else i have tried, i then recieved a letter from pct asking my consent to access my medical files which i sent. i was then sent this appointment from alexandra hospital to go for consultation, but have not had any confirmation from docs or pct to say i had been successful in funding...however someone must have set appointment up...just scared of building my hopes up incase they dont fund...to expensive for me to fund...consultant says i could have done as soon as january he just needs to check funding..my fingers a truly crossed
x

Hi charlie, did you have it laparoscipally, or where you cut?I would pm you but don't have enough posts yet;)

Keyhole surgery with 5 tiny cuts high up under my bust almost...and there was no pain whatsoever for me...did not need pain killers or morphine after the op....I have been told its a painless op it is mostly the wind that causes the pain but I had none of that either...xx

hi grom,
im hoping to go on nhs. i went to see my doctor about 2 months ago begging for this surgery after everything else i have tried, i then recieved a letter from pct asking my consent to access my medical files which i sent. i was then sent this appointment from alexandra hospital to go for consultation, but have not had any confirmation from docs or pct to say i had been successful in funding...however someone must have set appointment up...just scared of building my hopes up incase they dont fund...to expensive for me to fund...consultant says i could have done as soon as january he just needs to check funding..my fingers a truly crossed
x

Lesley I would say this is looking very promising...xx

Hi Grom are you going privately in Preston?:eek:
Hi Candie
Yes am going privately. Haven't decided who with yet but now I have made my mind up I just want to do it!

hi grom,
x

Hey that's looking really good! I didn't think I would have any chance on the NHS in this area but obviously there is funding available! Which docs are you with if you don't mind me asking? I'm with the health centre in Haslingden

yes i though it sounded good surely they wouldnt have sent me for appointment if they hadnt agreed funding, but you know how it is you always think something is gonna go wrong!!! im with rawtenstall health practice!

Keyhole surgery with 5 tiny cuts high up under my bust almost...and there was no pain whatsoever for me...did not need pain killers or morphine after the op....I have been told its a painless op it is mostly the wind that causes the pain but I had none of that either...xx
Oh that sounds great hun.I wonder if you were referred to a different hospital than me cos you're in a different part of Preston.Although I am in South Ribble, my docs is technically in Preston:confused::confused:
Grom I was gonna go private but due to job loss can't afford it now:eek:

Well I have a big birthday coming up next year and was going to have a new car but THINK have persuaded hubby that our money will be better spent on losing my weight! He is coming to the consultation with me and hopefully will be convinced. (I just hope they don't mention NHS treatment as he will want me to spend 12 months pursuing that first!!)

I am going on safari next summer for my birthday treat - it will be fab to be going a few stones lighter - but like you - not getting too excited yet!

If I can't have the op will just have to keep slogging away at WW instead ...............

Lottietat, would you please post on the roll call thread in the sticky section? It is nice to have a list showing how long everyone has out from surgery. Thank you!;)

Oh that sounds great hun.I wonder if you were referred to a different hospital than me cos you're in a different part of Preston.Although I am in South Ribble, my docs is technically in Preston:confused::confused:
Grom I was gonna go private but due to job loss can't afford it now:eek:

I come under Central Lancs PCT, once funding was agreed they wanted me to attend the Regency in Macclesfield but as I had already seen Mr Ammori at the Spire I fought to have the op there....xx

OMG!
Thanks to all your help on here I have just booked a consultation for gastric band for 19th December!! I can't wait to start shedding the pounds!! Hubby has even agreed to come with me to consultation!!

Just wondered if anyone has had any experience of WLS group/First Trust - any comments positive or negative would really be appreciated.

I think I have a good idea of the questions I need to ask but any prompts would be great!

If I choose to go ahead, I can be 'done' as early 13th Jan - one way to keep on the straight and narrow over Christmas!!!

TIS THE SEASON TO BE JOLLY FALALALALALALALALA !!!!!!!!

I had a consultation at WLS Preston with Wendy the bariatric nurse but the place just didn't feel right...more like a clinic than a hospital. For me personally I'd rather pay the extra 1,000 and see Dr Ammori. Ican't help thinking of that botched lipo they did on Colin Hendry's wife where she ended up in a coma!!!!!!!!! Sorry to put bad stuff on here about it, but I just wanted you to go in with all the info. If you speak to Marcus Landauer, he'd tell you exactly what he thinks of the place (google his name and its worth a chat with him, he's dead nice too and you can ask him anything)

Lisa x x x

Lisa x x x

I had a consultation at WLS Preston with Wendy the bariatric nurse but the place just didn't feel right...more like a clinic than a hospital. For me personally I'd rather pay the extra 1,000 and see Dr Ammori. Ican't help thinking of that botched lipo they did on Colin Hendry's wife where she ended up in a coma!!!!!!!!! Sorry to put bad stuff on here about it, but I just wanted you to go in with all the info. If you speak to Marcus Landauer, he'd tell you exactly what he thinks of the place (google his name and its worth a chat with him, he's dead nice too and you can ask him anything)

Lisa x x x

Lisa x x x

Hey Lisa
No problem - that's just the kind of thing I wanted to hear!
I am hearing very good stuff about the Alex in Cheadle and the lovely Mr Ammori and I definitely agree - it's not just about which is cheaper - it's about where you feel safe and value for money. Used to live in Cheadle so know the Alex well and have visited friends there - fab place.

Thanks for the advice!

Thank god for that!! I'm quite new to this and wasn't sure how to reply its just that its not like anything we've ever shopped for before, us laydees love a bargain, but in this case you "may" get exactly the same thing but at a higher price but for the knowledge as i go down to theatre that i've gone with the best in the area and giving my family that piece of mind too...thats what matters most to me.

Go the WLS consultation cos its free and just see how you feel after cos its your decision, i just came away with a niggle that i couldn't put my finger on.

Lisa x x x

Thank god for that!! I'm quite new to this and wasn't sure how to reply its just that its not like anything we've ever shopped for before, us laydees love a bargain, but in this case you "may" get exactly the same thing but at a higher price but for the knowledge as i go down to theatre that i've gone with the best in the area and giving my family that piece of mind too...thats what matters most to me.

Go the WLS consultation cos its free and just see how you feel after cos its your decision, i just came away with a niggle that i couldn't put my finger on.

Lisa x x x

well I now have a consult lined up for the weekend before with Surgicare so will see how that goes. They can 'do' me as early as Jan 6th - how fab would that be??

Back