• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

tomo (5th) is my op

mummy2309

wish me luck plz

im starting my pre op liver reduction diet tomo morning (monday 20th) as im op for my sleeve is on the 5th of june, not long now im doing 800cals low carbs high protein, wish me luck plz

Sashie1977

Good luck, you will do great I'm sure. Just think this time next year you could be at your target weight, if not sooner. The pre-op is not easy but if you keep positive and remember why you are doing it, you will get through it.

:) xx

novamay

Born Free
Good luck with your pre-op diet. Remember to keep drinking fluids - it helps!

mummy2309

thanks everyone

rickysmrs

Good luck hun keep strong and stay focused also dont forget to start taking ur multi vits and drink plenty of water or sugar free juiceso you dont dehydrate hun xx

mummy2309

thanks for that i will get some tomo

mummy2309

day 5 on liver reduction diet

and im so tired today, fed up moody teary the lot, anyone else like this.

the past 5 days i've lived off eggs, salad and more veg, getting so bored with eatting it

my op day isn't untill the 5th of june hope will i cope with over 1week and a half to go

doesnt help that my hubby is eatting chocs, takeaways etc in front of me, he's really slim but doesn't seem to be offering any help to me:cry::cry:

Sashie1977

The pre-op is never easy. Keep remembering why you are doing this. Soon, he will be able to eat takeaways in front of you and it won't bother you at all. Keep positive and keep thinking this is the start of your new life! Good luck :)

tealovingsleever

Jeez tell hubby to man up and support you! You just have to focus this period is nothing in the grand scheme of thinks. Think about the end goal :)

Yvessa

Jeez tell hubby to man up and support you! You just have to focus this period is nothing in the grand scheme of thinks. Think about the end goal :)

Lol! You made me laugh but this is so true. This journey is hard enough without the support of nearest and dearest

Kimboski

So sorry you're having a rough time........ just keep up your excellent work, it really is the best thing you're doing for yourself. It ain't easy, we can all empathise with you.

Stick some laxative in hubbies tea :)

South Beach

and im so tired today, fed up moody teary the lot, anyone else like this.

the past 5 days i've lived off eggs, salad and more veg, getting so bored with eatting it

my op day isn't untill the 5th of june hope will i cope with over 1week and a half to go

doesnt help that my hubby is eatting chocs, takeaways etc in front of me, he's really slim but doesn't seem to be offering any help to me:cry::cry:

Aw hon it is like 10 days of pmt. Just focus on the fact this diet is to shrink your liver so your operation will go more smoothly and aid you after. Focus on the end goal. Maybe sit down with hubby quietly away from kids and family. Tell him how you feel. That you need some support here. Either way though you are doing this for you. For your long term health. Hopefully he is in it with you and support you. But you will succeed . Stay strong hon. xx

leilabeila

Stay focussed, keep doing it, and the date will come round sooner then you think it will.

And definitely put laxatives in his tea, then remind him the support you will need pre and post op!

mummy2309

thanks everyone, i feel abit better today think i was just having a bad day had a talk well shouted at hubby and it seemed to work

Purple Sparkle

thanks everyone, i feel abit better today think i was just having a bad day had a talk well shouted at hubby and it seemed to work

Hi

Glad you are having a better day - I am on day 9 of pre op diet now and whilst I can't say it gets easier - the nearer the surgery date gets the more focused I feel and that makes it seem easier. My other half is supporting me but sometimes he forgets, like last night when he said - 'if weathers nice tomorrow shall we get BBQ out?' to which I replied 'unless you are planning on shoving a skewer through a certain part of your anatomy and putting it on the BBQ, that is a really crap idea'. He got the message! :eek:

Anyway, stay strong, op day will soon be here.

Take care

Justine xx

Bookie

I am so lucky, my hubby doesn't like the idea (or the expense) but now it's paid for, he's being helpful, has bought lots of weightwatchers and slimfast stuff, today cooked some cod in foil for me (I don't want to tell him the smell is making me feel ill at the moment!!!).

Regarding the tiredness, I get that badly whenever I go back to low-carb, I have found that the best help was vitamin B12. I bought some in spray form at H&B the other day, you spray it 2-3 times a day under your tongue, and it seems to be helping me out of my diet lethargy, so may be worth a try?