• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone under Luton & Dunstable hopsital

Mshenergy ,..
? Im sure theres something wrong ,,,,, lv been in bed all day and yet the monent I stand up I want to go dizzy n faint .......not well enough to travel to LnD unless they send an ambiluance for ne ,,,,, if not il call GP to call by as too weak to be takeing care of myself , cooking , taking medication etc ........at moment full off regrets but thats only normal , I will get over this blip .......thanks for advice x

Mshenergy ,.. ? Im sure theres something wrong ,,,,, lv been in bed all day and yet the monent I stand up I want to go dizzy n faint .......not well enough to travel to LnD unless they send an ambiluance for ne ,,,,, if not il call GP to call by as too weak to be takeing care of myself , cooking , taking medication etc ........at moment full off regrets but thats only normal , I will get over this blip .......thanks for advice x

Def does not sound right, really hope you feel better soon xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Mshenergy ,..
? Im sure theres something wrong ,,,,, lv been in bed all day and yet the monent I stand up I want to go dizzy n faint .......not well enough to travel to LnD unless they send an ambiluance for ne ,,,,, if not il call GP to call by as too weak to be takeing care of myself , cooking , taking medication etc ........at moment full off regrets but thats only normal , I will get over this blip .......thanks for advice x

So sorry to hear you are suffering so much Fatbloke1. I really think you need to speak to your team, they are best placed to advise as, however good your GP is, he probably doesn't have much experience with WLS. I do hope you get some answers soon and start to feel better

Lynn x

I agree with Lynn. Do not worry about bothering the bariatric team, just do it, it is what they are there for. Hope you get some relief sooner rather than later.

Take care x

I am only 3 months into the 12 month programme and on the 1st 1500 calorie diet because I cant do the milk diet I have a long way to go yet I think x

Hello all , and thanks for words of support , much appreciated x , Just to let you all know that after having G,P come out and check everything all seems to be on the UP .......Blood pressure was very low so was Sugars but gradually creaping up , discussed going into hospital for a couple of days and decided im better at home , more chance of fresh air , exercise , and less chance of getting infection .......which im very pleased about .....have been in touch with Nurses at LnD clinic and theyve advised me to eat more (havent been told that by someone in the medical dept for absolute years) and drink alot more fluids ............weirdest thing post Op is my body never tells me that im hungry ............lesson learnt good n proper ,..........even my spirits are on the UP ........hope your all doing well and I will say Nurse was fantastic ,,.......could not have been more helpful or understanding ...........xxxx

Hello all , and thanks for words of support , much appreciated x , Just to let you all know that after having G,P come out and check everything all seems to be on the UP .......Blood pressure was very low so was Sugars but gradually creaping up , discussed going into hospital for a couple of days and decided im better at home , more chance of fresh air , exercise , and less chance of getting infection .......which im very pleased about .....have been in touch with Nurses at LnD clinic and theyve advised me to eat more (havent been told that by someone in the medical dept for absolute years) and drink alot more fluids ............weirdest thing post Op is my body never tells me that im hungry ............lesson learnt good n proper ,..........even my spirits are on the UP ........hope your all doing well and I will say Nurse was fantastic ,,.......could not have been more helpful or understanding ...........xxxx

Great to hear you are improving fatbloke1, best way getting checked out. Hope you continue to look after yourself x.

Glad to hear that you are feeling better. I also do not feel hungry at the moment, so I make sure that I eat at roughly the same time each day and I am trying really hard with the fluids. Good luck

Lynn x

Hello I,m new. I've been well impressed with your success stories. I'm having op on 2/6/15. So I'm new to all this.

Last edited:
Mshenergy ,..

Id get in touch with the team at L&D if it was me. I rang yesterday with some questions and Jane the nurse called back within 10 minutes. I know they can get you back into clinic with an emergency so its best they are made aware, not sure about transport though. They may need to monitor you on the ward for a few days and at least get some nutrients into you by IV or something... Dont leave yourself suffering, this is meant to be a positive change for your future... Take care :)

Ooops. Ignore my last message only just seen this. Seems you got it all covered fatbloke.

Glad to hear that you are feeling better. I also do not feel hungry at the moment, so I make sure that I eat at roughly the same time each day and I am trying really hard with the fluids. Good luck

Lynn x

Me too. Got to 3pm yesterday and realised id not eaten and had barely drunk 200mls... I then stayed up late getting fluids in watching channel 4s alternative election... hahaha

Hi all , hope your all well and fading away and those pre -op NOT been put off by my little adventure , I was told it wouldnt be easy and I took it as a lesson ,,,,,,, Do as your told !!! , im on the up and getting better day by day ........id like to ask some advice for folk post -opp , although im never hungry I do crave something like an iced lolly for something cold just to have , are there anygood ones out there anyone can recommend please if they got the same cravings .........and no im not going to sit n eat box after box ........silly thing is since surgery my taste has altered , somethings taste so sweet , and im not a fan of sweet thing inparticular , and water is sooooo boring x

Hey fatbloke, oddly enough I had the same craving so made my own with sugar free squash they were yummy and helped my water intake as well :) glad things are looking up for you though! I have my 6 week check up on Monday and can't wait to show the surgeon how far I have come in these 6 weeks. I have loads of questions for him too about what I can try eating ect lol I ventured to wotsits and quavers and crispbreads with tuna mayo and or a cheese triangle it's so yummy :) x

Lo Toni , glad your doing well and keep it up , and thanks for those ideas Crispbreads with Tuna , yum yum yum , funny how you had the same craving and if I cant find any I think il make some like you , tho weird thing is Im finding squash sooo sweet even if diluted really weak , I think my biggest problem is being a big well tattooed geezer with a shaven head and a goatee ( no I havent got a couple of Staffies) my stubborness is a big hurdle , wish they could take that away at time of Surgery too !!! I also suffer from COPD and as I got weaker my breathing got worse so the whole thing was a mish mash really , Luckily im sorting things out now . I will say that a 4 weeks in I havent weighed myself once BUT when the GP took my blood pressure he could actually get the normal band around my arm , normally I have to have the leg one on my arm , and also iv had a couple of tops on that were once tight are now comfortable .......so its sounding good .,...tho I still will not weigh myself until 6 week check up !!!

Wow fatbloke1 your ability to not jump on the scales is amazing. To be honest, what they say isn't the be all and end all, the blood pressure thing is a real measure. Well done young man! Still I Reckon at 6 weeks you will get a nice surprise.

X

Hi 60'sBabe and welcome. My op is in June too. Wish you the best of luck with yours, not long now really :)

Hi all , hope your all well and fading away and those pre -op NOT been put off by my little adventure , I was told it wouldnt be easy and I took it as a lesson ,,,,,,, Do as your told !!! , im on the up and getting better day by day ........id like to ask some advice for folk post -opp , although im never hungry I do crave something like an iced lolly for something cold just to have , are there anygood ones out there anyone can recommend please if they got the same cravings .........and no im not going to sit n eat box after box ........silly thing is since surgery my taste has altered , somethings taste so sweet , and im not a fan of sweet thing inparticular , and water is sooooo boring x

Iceland do sugar free ice poles in a box of 40 and I think they are only a pound... i have about 3-4 most days... 5 different flavours in the box... they are thirst quenching and sweet...

I looked at rocket lollies and mini milks the other day but all have sugar so I wouldn't know what else to recommend....

Back