• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone under Luton & Dunstable hopsital

Having rang hospital and gone to doctors , iv found out my blood pressure is very very low , making everything else such hard work , a change of medication and iv been told il be fine and can get back to on my journey properly .......eating right , drinking right and feeling good .......lets see what the weekend has in store for me !!!!

I think I may have started on the mushy stuff too soon then lol I've been having the scrambled egg with tinned chopped toms a lot and I also tried mash with a tin of beans and sausages mashed up (not a whole tin at a time I'd like to add just a bit) but all seems to be going down ok! I have also had slag bol blended down but not liquidised I like to be able to feel like I'm chewing something all seems ok and still loosing weight. I've dropped 2 stone exactly since the surgery this mornings ms almost 5 stone in total so far so all is good here :)

Well done Toni, You seem to be doing fine, I has scrambled egg for breakfast today and have minced pork with backed beans added and mash, I call it Sue's cottage pie, very high in protein and yummy.
When have you got your 6 week check up?

Thank you Fatbloke I had my surgery on the 26th March so 5 weeks ago :) but I lost about 2 1/2 stone running up to the surgery what with the liquid diets!

That's great sue and that sounds yummy my check up is the 11th may so next Monday and I can't wait. What about yours?

I just had a bag of wotsits as a snack (I was reading someone else's thread on here who had suggested they had them) they were so nice and went down fine. Took me a while to eat them though lol

My follow up is on the 5th so Tuesday next, have bought myself an adult Trycicle to start getting fit but waiting for the all clear from Mr Whitelaw first.

Glad your doing well Toni , unfortunately im struggling at mo , 3 weeks Post Op and im lying in bed , very low blood pressure , if I get up I want to pass out or be sick .........have seen GP and shes stopped some of my tablets im on , said itd take a couple of days to feel better , clinic is having me back in on Thursday to make sure alls ok ..........im following eating plan ok that dosnt seem to be a problem ........havent weighed myself as didnt want to be jumping on n off scales every 10 seconds ........will weigh when I go to clinic .......just be glad when blood pressure is ok and I can get up and about

I think I may have started on the mushy stuff too soon then lol I've been having the scrambled egg with tinned chopped toms a lot and I also tried mash with a tin of beans and sausages mashed up (not a whole tin at a time I'd like to add just a bit) but all seems to be going down ok! I have also had slag bol blended down but not liquidised I like to be able to feel like I'm chewing something all seems ok and still loosing weight. I've dropped 2 stone exactly since the surgery this mornings ms almost 5 stone in total so far so all is good here :)

Sounds like it is working well with you. If it was too soon or you were eating too much they suggest you would feel bloated or get 'dumping'... Hope all is well

Glad your doing well Toni , unfortunately im struggling at mo , 3 weeks Post Op and im lying in bed , very low blood pressure , if I get up I want to pass out or be sick .........have seen GP and shes stopped some of my tablets im on , said itd take a couple of days to feel better , clinic is having me back in on Thursday to make sure alls ok ..........im following eating plan ok that dosnt seem to be a problem ........havent weighed myself as didnt want to be jumping on n off scales every 10 seconds ........will weigh when I go to clinic .......just be glad when blood pressure is ok and I can get up and about

Fatbloke1 - Im so sorry to hear what you are going through at the moment. I hope that change in meds helps to stabilise your condition and then you can start to concentrate on the next stage of your progress.
All the best at your follow up appointment :)

My follow up is on the 5th so Tuesday next, have bought myself an adult Trycicle to start getting fit but waiting for the all clear from Mr Whitelaw first.

I was talking to my mum about exercise... I want to start soon... I really dont want to go major saggy (although its likely) and I already feel Im going like jelly lol...
I will ask at my follow up appointment... and then hopefully start soon...

My first follow up appointment has been booked for 8 weeks and not 6 weeks... Do you think its worth asking them to bring it forward?....

I would really like to know how they feel I am progressing and where things should be going... I know I am only 3 and a half weeks in but 8 weeks seems so far. Plus I have alot of questions as I had sleeve because bypass was not possible once they started the op due to complications..

Ive pureed up a few different things and frozen them for the coming weeks... Im finding if Im out and about I just have some milk. This is what the dietician at hospital suggested if I was busy and not able to plan something...
I get full after a few teaspoons of anything at the moment. Im concentrating on getting fluids in as I feel thats a priority right now...
Scales at my mums showed a 16lb loss in the 3.5 weeks... so Im happy with that. I dont know what is the expected loss with sleeve as all the leaflets I have a bypass related.... its about 4st total with pre op weight loss... I keep saying I wont weigh but then I get tempted lol.

Good to read everyones journeys... keep us posted :)

Luluah yes 8 weeks does seem like a long time perhaps ask them to bring it forward however 16lbs already that's amazing! It came off quick for me in the first few weeks and then slowed down I seem to plateau for a few days and then it starts moving again! I just can't wait to see myself in 6 months to a year!

I know what you mean about the loose skin I'm dying to get swimming to start toning and doing classes in the gym so can't wait to get my review out the way next week. I must admit apart from feeling nauseous all the time which I now have tablets for I feel real good!

Fatbloke I'm so sorry for the way you are feeling I went through a phase like that a couple of weeks After I had it done I just kept crying and telling my mum I wish I hadn't had it done but it will pass I promise you that and you will feel amazing :)

Hello all , just an update on how iv been ,Last Friday was 3 weeks Post -opp , and had had a few struggles , on Friday my X took me to GPs , I was very faint , very weak and didnt feel well at all ........death warmed up about describes how I looked and felt ..........GP checked me over and found I had Very Low Blood pressure , took me off some tablets straightaway and prescribed others , including some mild sleeping tablets as I hadnt slept for 3 to 4 days ,,.....now over the weekend I took a turn for the worse when as I stood up having watched tv I collapsed and after banging into everything on the way down I was out cold for 5 hours on the floor .........on coming round I managed to crawl onto the bed where I fell asleep for a further 6 hours ,......really not good and must admit I feel I shoulda rang for ambulance but being BH weekend local radio was full of how busy AnE was etc ........didnt want to be a burden !!!! .....2 days on im feeling slightly better ,.......trying to get as much liquid into me as possible ,,,.,., (may have been dehydrated) .......struggling to eat at mo but can keep milk down so on that for a day or so , This hasnt put me off and still remaining positive ,,...........did anyone else suffer like I have ...........must admit it all knocked the wind out of my sails ,.................,.,,,.Hope your all doing very well and enjoying great weight loss ,,,...keep smiling .....Xx

Sorry to hear your not having a good time fatbloke, think it may be best you go back to the doctors or contact Luton xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

hi everyone im under luton aswell although all of you are miles ahead of me and on the road to looking fabulous as your fabulous personalities :D its nice to read that people are with luton and saying nice things as im still petrified about this whole thing but have months to go until im considered for surgery :D hope everyone having a lovely day x

Natnat you'll be fine it will be the best thing you do! I feel amazing honestly and I'm only 5 weeks post surgery already feel that it is the best thing I could have done. I'm only 28 and want to be able to start a family in the future and now I'm on the right path to finally be able to do that. Good luck on your journey, where abouts are you with it? Xx

Sorry to hear your not having a good time fatbloke, think it may be best you go back to the doctors or contact Luton xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Yeh I agree. Fatbloke did you say its this week you are due back to see the Luton team? There is something not quite right by the sounds of it.

Did your blood pressure come down due to weight loss from milk diet etc. pre surgery?

I havent had to take my blood pressure tablets since the op as it was normal in hospital and I had bp done the other day at GP and it was absolutely normal.... so Im super pleased. I could have had some really extreme problems had I still been taking the 3 tablets I had for bp pre op.

Sounds scary that you had a fall and hit your head. Don't ever think you are wasting peoples time even if its busy in A&E - you have to put your health and safety 1st.
Stay safe!!

hi everyone im under luton aswell although all of you are miles ahead of me and on the road to looking fabulous as your fabulous personalities :D its nice to read that people are with luton and saying nice things as im still petrified about this whole thing but have months to go until im considered for surgery :D hope everyone having a lovely day x

Welcome to the Luton group natnat. I agree with Toni. Wouldnt change my decision even if I could. Feeling so much better already.

Have a small issue with one of my wounds but practice nurse is now dressing it aseptically to help it heal properly.

Food wise Im on puree and never feel hungry... have to really think about getting fluids in too... but Im sure it will all become second nature as recovery progresses.

Im only 3 weeks post op so still so far to go... this is about a new life not just a quick fix...

The team at Luton are really supportive...

Good luck!!

Back