• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone under Luton & Dunstable hopsital

Thankyou Weegie , no I really did not have a clue how much weight id lost , I made the decision from the start that I wouldnt buy a set of scales , because I didnt want to get into habit of jumping on and off scales three or four times every day , id prefer a bigger loss that a odd pound here n there if you know what I mean , so I thought id leave being weighed until 6 week post op check over ......iv another appointment in another 6 weeks so il leave it until then again , if I need weighing after that il pop into Boots once a month and jump on their machine where I can get a print out of weight , The one thing I did do was get my son to take 4 pics of me (front , back and both side ons) pre-op and again after 6 weeks , you can see from pics where weight has gone , id recommend this to anyone ,.......mind you Pre -op pics really were a wake up call ..........good luck with your journeys

Your willpower is fantastic! It makes so much sense to do it that way, saves all the little ups and downs rollercoaster weigh ins. Good luck :)

Hello all , hope everyones doing well , after a couple of the early weeks struggling with low blood pressure and then low sugar everything is now going fine ,4 eating well , had one bad episode where id eaten some beef which caused a slight blockage causing me to be sick and not able to even swallow water and then I tried some healthy eating low fat fish in a curry sauce from Aldis which unbeknown to me had lots of hidden sugar even tho healthy eating , caused me to suffer dumping ,......I did not like that one bit ......lesson learnt ......read all labels thoroughly in future !!! Anyway went to L n D clinic last Tuesday since Op z (just over 6 weeks) , thought id lost weight but not sure how much ........stood on scales 4 1/2 stone lost .....OMG ......sooooo happy .........doc said a little bit too much weight loss but I was doing everything well and was over the worst time which is the first 6 weeks ........now got to keep weight loss down to 2-3 lbs per week ........starting to try new things which I do every couple of days so that if im ill , I know what made me ill ,,,, iv got a dress watch I havent been able to get on for about 15 years ......got it on this week ........YIPPEE ......lets hope weight loss continues

Fantastic weight loss, so pleased for you especially after your tough start. Keep on doing what you are doing, it clearly works. Good advice about introducing new things and reading labels.

Look forward to your new loss in 6 weeks time

Lynn x

Luliah I sent a private message. Just come back from seeing surgeon. He was going to admit me again but I changed his mind. I have to go back in liquid stage once again. He said liquid is more important than food. He has prescribed me ensure yoghurts. Chemist has to order them in. I am still sick everyday. I have been told to stop my iron and calcium tablet as for the last two days when I swallowed my iron tablet I puke up grey sick.he has requested a barium meal to see if I have stricture. X

Poor you Bedford2015, you have had a really rough time, hope they get it sorted soon and find out why your being sick.
Hope your sorted soon and feel better. Big Hugs xxxxx

Luliah I sent a private message. Just come back from seeing surgeon. He was going to admit me again but I changed his mind. I have to go back in liquid stage once again. He said liquid is more important than food. He has prescribed me ensure yoghurts. Chemist has to order them in. I am still sick everyday. I have been told to stop my iron and calcium tablet as for the last two days when I swallowed my iron tablet I puke up grey sick.he has requested a barium meal to see if I have stricture. X

Wow, sounds horrid. I hope it gets better for you. Glad docs are doing something to help. Can't seem to speak to a doctor at hospital and still two weeks for my appointment.

I have gone back to fluids and had some milk today to help with protein intake but still not alot of protein as I feel full very quickly.

Soft food is a big issue and causing sickness but fluids seem ok for me. I sometimes manage a 1cm cube of fish mashed but other times it makes me vomit. No rhyme or reason.

I leave correct time between drinking and eating, eat slowly, never have more than a few teaspoons in a meal... its weird as it always seems more comes out than what went in. Sorry if too much info

I have meltable multivitamins, vitamin C and vitamin B which I buy from Savers. I think its a months worth for 1.99 for each type. Worth it as I really struggled with the tablets.

I'll have a read of ur pm tomorrow as hoping to catch some Z's now xx

Hi guys, Hope you don't mind me ambushing! I'm new on here and would just like to say hello! I'm from Kent, just finishing tier 3 with 4healthyweight and have just made the decision to be referred to Luton and Dunstable for tier 4 and fingers xed, surgery! Hope to chat soon, tori xx

Hi Tori
I have my first appointment at Luton and Dunstable on 10 July.
Finished Tier 3 in March and have struggled again with my weight ?. I think I have put several kg's
on. Worried what they are going to say. Trying desperately to get back on track but finding it really hard.

hi all you lovely l n d er's i have a random question about tier 3 at l n d after you have completed it do they refer you for tier 4 or does the gp im really confused about it and ive been wondering about it for ages xx

Hi bellas mum!
I'm due to complete my tier 3 in July, I'm not holding much hope for huge losses, if any it'll be a couple of pounds! I think they do understand that we find it hard, I personally work better with small goals to aim for, but have never had any set and am crap at setting myself goals :-( they just need to know that we are committed to making changes!
Good to chat with you! Xx

Hi guys. Got my appointment for my barium swallow test on Friday 12 june. Rang hospital to find when surgeon can see me, they need to speak to him as all booked. Have not been sick since Monday, well that's because it's soup, yoghurt and tea . Hope everyone is doing great xx

Good luck Bedford2015, hope they find what the problem is. Mr. Barecca was very happy with my progress, so both him and the dietician have allowed me 3 months to go on our much longed for trip to Sweden in our Motorhome, so we are off on the 18th June or thereabouts. Yippee

Just a quick question guys.. After tier three, How long from being referred to the hospital did you get notification of your first appointment? Xx

Hi guys. Got my appointment for my barium swallow test on Friday 12 june. Rang hospital to find when surgeon can see me, they need to speak to him as all booked. Have not been sick since Monday, well that's because it's soup, yoghurt and tea . Hope everyone is doing great xx

GOOD LUCK FOR TODAY.

Thanks sundowner. They said the opening is a little tight going into stomach. I am seeing surgeon Monday 4pm to discuss the x-Rays. This might be normal ? X

Hey all.

Just an update. Sickness has stopped yay... about a week now. Had my review with Mr Jain on Thursday and he is pleased with my progress. Im very happy too. Weight is starting to come off again now sickness has stopped. I have lost 5st 5lb in total but 3 of that is since the op so proper chuffed.

I have been very moody and low in energy but since sickness stopped i am feeling better. They think maybe one of the staples caused an inflammation thats now gone down. I really hope it doesnt happen again.

They have encouraged me to try other foods too which is scary as upto now ive been having really soft food... but can try cucumber other salad and fruit. Even told me to try toast which I dont really want to incase it bloats me but I guess I need to know more about what my body can cope with.

Hope everyone elses journeys are going well xx

Hi just got back from seeing surgeon. I am going to having a endoscopy ballon inserted into me on Wednesday . This is too stretch my opening if this does not work after several try's I will have be opened up again. He said in over 300 procedures he has never seen anything like my x-Rays. I will be sedated. They behave booked a bed in case I need to stay in.

Hi just got back from seeing surgeon. I am going to having a endoscopy ballon inserted into me on Wednesday . This is too stretch my opening if this does not work after several try's I will have be opened up again. He said in over 300 procedures he has never seen anything like my x-Rays. I will be sedated. They behave booked a bed in case I need to stay in.

Oh Bedford, sorry you have to go through it but glad you are getting seen too. Best of luck the stretch works. Hugs

So glad they are serious in getting this sorted. Hope it does the trick. Take care - our ferry leaves this Thursday, we hope to get internet while we are away, so that we keep an eye on your progress and the forum.

Back