• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone under Luton & Dunstable hopsital

Toni Osborn

Luluah that's fantastic go you, I had a massive breakthrough yesterday.....because of my weight I have never been to theme parks let alone go on rides however I've recently changed career paths and yesterday I took my client to Thorpe park with work and low and behold I went on everything...it was amazing not only did I fit in everything perfectly I wasn't scared...I now absolutely love it!! It's the little things that we miss out on that now post surgery we can start to enjoy. I'm loving getting out of every stone bracket. Prior to surgery my weight was 25stone 10lba however this morning I weighed in at 17stone 12lbs I'm so happy!!!

Tori that's brilliant you may not be put on it this appointment as this one is for them to assess you, you will probably get another appointment for January and will then go on the liquid diet. If that's the case enjoy your last Christmas as next year is going to change your life!

I can honestly say having the surgery is the best thing I have ever done!! Onwards and upwards xx

Foxy789

Yes I had to do milk diet. Its something Luton hospital like everyone to do. Its not just about commitment. It helps shrink the liver which will aid surgery, shows you can tolerate a liquid diet which is paramount to your post op recovery and also helps to shift a bit of weight ?.. It really helped my mindset too it made me feel like food was no longer in control of me. After the first few days... the cravungs stopped.. and weight drop was quick. Good luck though xxx
Thank you x

Foxy789

Ok milk diet starts today not for surgery though! ? feeling apprehensive I'm sure I'll be fine all things brought bovril and vitamins !!

luluah

Luluah that's fantastic go you, I had a massive breakthrough yesterday.....because of my weight I have never been to theme parks let alone go on rides however I've recently changed career paths and yesterday I took my client to Thorpe park with work and low and behold I went on everything...it was amazing not only did I fit in everything perfectly I wasn't scared...I now absolutely love it!! It's the little things that we miss out on that now post surgery we can start to enjoy. I'm loving getting out of every stone bracket. Prior to surgery my weight was 25stone 10lba however this morning I weighed in at 17stone 12lbs I'm so happy!!!

Tori that's brilliant you may not be put on it this appointment as this one is for them to assess you, you will probably get another appointment for January and will then go on the liquid diet. If that's the case enjoy your last Christmas as next year is going to change your life!

I can honestly say having the surgery is the best thing I have ever done!! Onwards and upwards xx

Toni - Wow amazing well done.... that is super... I havent been to a theme park but its definatelu on the horizon... it was so exhilarating being able to go on the Waltzers. You are right. This is life changing and I don't regret it one bit.

I went to my cousins wedding on Saturday and felt amazing. I was able to really enjoy my self. Self esteem issues are fading. I know I still have far to go but my tick list I made pre op is looking good

Tori - i wish you all the best with whatever happens. They put me on my milk diet before my holiday and gave me a choice to wait till after my hols or do it during that time. Im sure they will say the same to you if it is over Christmas and then from ur decision they schedule on the next appointment

xbander

All going well with me, weight coming off slowly but still coming off, have lost jet over 3 stone since surgery in March, 9 stone 5 in total, still have another couple of stone to go yet though.
How are you doing Toni ?

luluah

Hi
Have my date for surgery 21 October at Luton &Dunstable! Starting to panic now.
Pre op is on 2 October. What happens at the pre op?

You will see consultant, decide which op, talk through risks, sign consent, see an aneathetist, get put on pre op Low calorie liquid diet... and discuss post op vitamins/diet plan etc...

Foxy789

Well I came back from my appointment and thank goodness I can now eat food four weeks on the milk diet was torchuorus despite one cheat I've had food today a sandwich and veg mmmmmmmmmm so good X now I've lost 9.7% of my body fat had my apnea test and dine the milk diet I now have to maintain till may then I can be referred for surgery ? got along way to go but most targets hit already yay xx

jooz0301

Hi x i just finished tier 3 and have an appointment on the 16th with the docs x gotta have an ekko too? Im feeling good and looking forward to hear what they have to say xx

Foxy789

Hi x i just finished tier 3 and have an appointment on the 16th with the docs x gotta have an ekko too? Im feeling good and looking forward to hear what they have to say xx

Congrats on finishing tier three I'm half way threw, just got to make it too may for my referral yay at least I'll be able to see your journey/ times and what to expect x

jooz0301

Exciting stuff x

Foxy789

Hello every one, Well on the 3rd of feb I had my appointment and well they are very pleased with me yay, so much so that the lady I saw has told me she has referred me to the next level tier 4 hear I come I think, she has also skipped me past the dietician and my next appointment is with the psychologist I have to have an ekg at this appointment also sooooo im not 100% but think im on my way?? can any one else advise if this is the case ????? thank you

Mo1963

Hello every one, Well on the 3rd of feb I had my appointment and well they are very pleased with me yay, so much so that the lady I saw has told me she has referred me to the next level tier 4 hear I come I think, she has also skipped me past the dietician and my next appointment is with the psychologist I have to have an ekg at this appointment also sooooo im not 100% but think im on my way?? can any one else advise if this is the case ????? thank you
hey foxy I too am wth Luton and Dunstable

Mo1963

yep me

Foxy789

hello moi1963 how is your journey progressing im not sure how close I am now ???? god cant wait had my appointment through today the 8th april is my next appointment so not too long really :)

jooz0301

Does anyone know if you get your op date at your surgeon appointment as they did say it gets pencilled in also any experience of my jain(?) xx

Foxy789

Hello, I think its different with different surgeons I know tori is still waiting for a dat from her surgeon i cant remember who he was but i know shes waiteed agaes, im not that far along yet hopefully soon though got my mdt on may 21st then hopefully fingers crossed on wards im working really hard to loose the extra kgs ive put on plus a little more before appointment, fingers crossed make sure you update after your appointment i want to know what mr jain is like too.