• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone under Luton & Dunstable hopsital

Hello all of you , hope your doing well , havent been on for a while as iv been busy .......after a torrid post op im glad to say everything seem to have settled down , I have about one funny turn a week where I eat something that dosnt agree with me , just cant seem to keep anything fishy down , after being told fish was good for me I even tried a seafood stick last week ...big mistake ,....my stomach did not like it .......I tend to have at least one high protein milk drink a day ,....have found Complan agrees with me more than slimfast ........its lovely now folk are noticing weight loss , tho I will say ut seems to be all over body and belly seems to be staying the same at mo .....more my face and chest n arms thsn anything ......anyway .....keep up the good work all of you ......im sure youl get there ,,..by for now .......Fatbloke xx

Hi Toni, I am doing ok, but keep eating to much and feeling sick, have been feeling quite low lately and my hormones are up the creak, had the menapause in 2010 but my hot flushes have got 100 times worse, otherwise ok, my diet is ok but need to cut down on sizes and go back to ramekin dish size.
How are you doing?

Hi guys. Spent all day at hospital. They stretched the opening of the stomach around 12 mil and bowel 11 mill. I was nice of surgeon to come in with me, then came back to see me in recovery. On soft food for rest of day and then stage 3 tomorrow. Have another appointment Monday to see surgeon if I need too. My throat really hurts but hope it worked. Glad everyone is doing reasonably well. X

Aww bless you I do wonder whether I'm eating to much but thankfully touch wood no sickness yet. I'm back eating pretty much everything now although still get worried when trying something new. I've got an app Monday 22nd which is the first appointment I'm going to be able to make since the surgery so can't wait to see them and weigh in even though I've been weighing in at home so know where I am :) I'm glad your doing ok otherwise though apart from the sickness xx

Hi guys. Spent all day at hospital. They stretched the opening of the stomach around 12 mil and bowel 11 mill. I was nice of surgeon to come in with me, then came back to see me in recovery. On soft food for rest of day and then stage 3 tomorrow. Have another appointment Monday to see surgeon if I need too. My throat really hurts but hope it worked. Glad everyone is doing reasonably well. X

Hope you recovery quickly from thee procedure and all is well. X

Hi everyone,
Just thought I'd update.. I've had 2 appointment letters through both for the 28th August. One is telling me to fast and the other is an appointment with the consultant.
Can anyone let me know what to expect on My first appointment? Xxx

Yay congratulations on your appointments no help in what to expect but it's so close you must be so happy ?xx

Hi foxy!
I really am! I asked if I could go onto their cancellations list and was told that they didn't have one! I might try again to ask the clinic rather than the outpatients! :)
Where are you in the process? Xxx

I'm just starting, that would be awesome what a great idea I'm still worried about my first appointment for tier three boo but only a couple of weeks now x

Hi everyone,
Just thought I'd update.. I've had 2 appointment letters through both for the 28th August. One is telling me to fast and the other is an appointment with the consultant.
Can anyone let me know what to expect on My first appointment? Xxx

You have to fast for the first appointment as you will have bloods taken. They will do general checks including blood pressure, weight etc

My first appointment was with a nurse and a second appointment with a physician. Both on the same day.

Basically they will talk through what you have done prior to Luton and where you need to be... sort of planning a journey... Good luck

I think I have appointment on 28th August afternoon with dietician (post-op) ~ we could be sat in waiting room together hehehehe...

He he awesome sure I will bump into se where on our journey lol, love hearing all the positive stories gives me hope it will be me one day ? xx

Hello, I had my second appointment today I had a sleep apnea test last night I've been told to do the milk diet for four weeks before my next appointment proving commitment to the programme I'm glad she's given me six weeks tho as on holiday from tomorrow lol, going ok been given a load of books to work through 11 months to go till I can be referred for surgery !! Has any one else had to do milk diet to prove commitment ??
Emma ?

Hi everyone..
Update!
I had my first tier 4 appointment last Thursday at the hospital, Bella's mum kindly came with me, which was lovely! I was seen by the nurse, had bloods and Ecg done, then in the afternoon I saw the doctor, was a bit strange as he asked me a few questions and then I only knew that my case was being referred further when he started talking into a dictaphone thingy! So now awaiting my next appointment letter! But in the mean time, I've been keeping a diary on my fitness pal of my food intake and so far lost nearly 3kg! As they want me to have lost some weight before my next set of appointments, which should be with the dietician and psychologist! :) xx

Hello, I had my second appointment today I had a sleep apnea test last night I've been told to do the milk diet for four weeks before my next appointment proving commitment to the programme I'm glad she's given me six weeks tho as on holiday from tomorrow lol, going ok been given a load of books to work through 11 months to go till I can be referred for surgery !! Has any one else had to do milk diet to prove commitment ??
Emma ?

Yes I had to do milk diet. Its something Luton hospital like everyone to do. Its not just about commitment. It helps shrink the liver which will aid surgery, shows you can tolerate a liquid diet which is paramount to your post op recovery and also helps to shift a bit of weight ?..
It really helped my mindset too it made me feel like food was no longer in control of me. After the first few days... the cravungs stopped.. and weight drop was quick. Good luck though xxx

Hey how is everyone getting on its been a while?

Sue hope all is well with you? Xx

Yes I am fine... post op journey is going well.

I have had to change my sleep apnoea mask as it was too big.... and they have lowered pressure on my machine.

Im no longer on meds for blood pressure and water retention...

And... I have had to invest in new clothes...

My happiest moment was going on the waltzers at the pier... yay... i was always afraid I wouldnt fit in before. (And I probably wouldnt have)

Im back at work so do not have much chance to get on the forums but for think of everyone often. We will have to plan a meet up like we said before. It would be amazing.

Hope all is well with everyone. Keep in touch xx

Last edited:
Hi everyone!
Hope you're all well :)
I received my next load of appointments today for the 4th December! Nurse, dietician and psychologist! I'm going to take a guess now that the dietician will put me on the milk diet as I haven't done it during my tier 3, which would put me at doing it over Christmas! Fingers crossed for a sooner cancellation appointment! Any advice at this point would be greatly appreciated! Xx

Back