• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone under Luton & Dunstable hopsital

Hi weegie, Thanks good luck to you too. What op are you having? Did you have a band in 07?

Thanks. :) Yes in October 2007 I am scheduled for a mini gastric bypass on June 10th.

Whats a mini gastric bypass? Is it different from Roux En Y
yes it is somewhat different. There's only one join instead of two with the RNY.

Hey everybody!!!

How you all doing?? I'm finally haematoma free and feeling a lot better! Blood pressures up and I can actually get about without feeling faint!! I'm currently going through my first stall grrrr but everyone thinks I'm already half the person I was lol! I lost 18kg since surgery (13th APRIL) and even tho I don't see it I'm really happy xx
Yesterday I went out and got sugar free sweets!! Rhubarb and custard lol that's my treat tastes amazing after all the blended and mashed food!

One thing I'm having a problem with is I'm feeling no restriction? And I don't really get pain? I can eat a little more than I thought I'd be able to?? Anyone else having this problem??

I'm too craving really cold squash or ice lollies so knowing about Iceland is amazing! THANKYOU!

Glad everyone is doing well and I'm looking forward to meeting everyone hopefully in the summer xxx

Wow Claudia thats an immmense amount to lose in that time. I hope you are feeling better and healthier. Think my loss is about half of that...
Yay to sugar free sweets and ice poles hahahaha...
Im fine eating a few mouthfuls but have felt pain a few times if I try more. I worry about the pain as there are more risks with sleeve apparantly splitting and leaking. Im also worried about stretching it too... so not sure if I panic and make it worse in my head.. hypochondriac hahahahaha

So glad that your haematoma has gone. Great weight loss. I have lost 11kgs so far. I do feel restriction, but can eat more than I thought I would especially as the pouch is only supposed to be 30ml., but it is a lot lot less than I ate before.

I have experienced reflux a couple of times and lost most of the meal I had eaten, so something for me to watch out for. Feel sick sometimes other than that I am managing quite well, it's all a learning curve isn't it?

Hi all I am the same I dont feel I have restriction, I have just made a small pancake with low fat yoghurt and no problem. When u read on here people only mange 2 teaspoons I think I am eating too much, by I don't get over 450 calls. Walking everyday for 30 mins. Back to work full time see how I go. Take care all of you x

Hi Toni, doing well, weight static now for the past 3 weeks grrr, have lost about 1st 7lb since surgery, have lost about 7st 10lb in total since Jan 2014, but all going well, cant wait for another weeks time when we start on normal foods. How are you doing?

Good Luck!

Hey everybody!!!

How you all doing?? I'm finally haematoma free and feeling a lot better! Blood pressures up and I can actually get about without feeling faint!! I'm currently going through my first stall grrrr but everyone thinks I'm already half the person I was lol! I lost 18kg since surgery (13th APRIL) and even tho I don't see it I'm really happy xx
Yesterday I went out and got sugar free sweets!! Rhubarb and custard lol that's my treat tastes amazing after all the blended and mashed food!

One thing I'm having a problem with is I'm feeling no restriction? And I don't really get pain? I can eat a little more than I thought I'd be able to?? Anyone else having this problem??

I'm too craving really cold squash or ice lollies so knowing about Iceland is amazing! THANKYOU!

Glad everyone is doing well and I'm looking forward to meeting everyone hopefully in the summer xxx

That's amazing sue well done! I'm doing good I'm kinda ahead of myself I think I've been able to have toast only weight watchers low sugar and low fat bread almost like a crispbread with marmite it was amazing. I've managed ham and a few other bits and bobs I've lost 5 stone 2 lbs since January 2015 so feeling pretty good at the moment. I've managed weight watchers ready meals like chillie con carne and cottage pie. I have a lasagne to try soon when I build up the courage. Not really mashing much up now so all is good :)

Yes i am not mashing anymore just chewing chewing, i had homemade chilli tonight, but have had spag bol, cottage pie, fish pie etc, not had hard bits as yet, getting pleanty of protein in though, i love meat so it is easy for me. Am looking forward to trying toast with peanut butter, or riveta with peanut butter.

Lo all , glad too see your all doing well , after a brief spell of illness (all sorted now) im doing well , and eating and drinking as I should and not finding it hard at all , tho iv come across a problem iv tried sorting with meds given too me but theyve NOT helped ...........TRAPPED WIND /GAS .......anyone else suffering or suffered ......Very uncomfortable and annoying ......I was Constapated for a couple of days but that is fine now , but yet im left with Gazzy Bubbly Stomach any ideas please .........and iv tried a KITE ta x .......was going to take a couple of Rennie as theyve helped in past , but having read paperwork they dont seem right to take having had Surgery and with Blood Pressure tablets im on ......at mo it sounds n feels like iv the woodwind section from London Syphomny Orchestra practicing in my stomach ..........but feel I need Dynamite too shut them up and get em all out ......anyway folks ta for reading and I hope someone can help out .........Cant be only one thats suffered xx

Back in Luton and Dunstable hospital. In the emergency ward on a drip.had bloods and urine taken and two xrays. Have been admitted as I can't even swallow water comes up in bile. Waiting for surgeon to visit

Omg Bedford 2015 , really feeling for you and hope you get all proper treatment and care you need and make a full full recovery .......twas going so well but as we all know this Journey isnt plain sailing , put it down to one of the Lows and there will be far more Highs in the near future !!!!! Hugs n kisses coming your way and to family (((((X)))))

Oh thank you. I can't believe I was doing so well managing my soft food. I have been sick for the last week was advised go down to liquid.Had a cup of tea at 6.30 this morning this was OK. Then at 8 I had two sips of milk, 15 minutes something came up took it out and it looked like cottage cheese then I could not even get water down x

Back