• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone under Luton & Dunstable hopsital

So sorry to hear that Bedford, but you are now in the right place to hopefully get it sorted. Keep us posted on your progress. Take care XXXXX

Lo all , glad too see your all doing well , after a brief spell of illness (all sorted now) im doing well , and eating and drinking as I should and not finding it hard at all , tho iv come across a problem iv tried sorting with meds given too me but theyve NOT helped ...........TRAPPED WIND /GAS .......anyone else suffering or suffered ......Very uncomfortable and annoying ......I was Constapated for a couple of days but that is fine now , but yet im left with Gazzy Bubbly Stomach any ideas please .........and iv tried a KITE ta x .......was going to take a couple of Rennie as theyve helped in past , but having read paperwork they dont seem right to take having had Surgery and with Blood Pressure tablets im on ......at mo it sounds n feels like iv the woodwind section from London Syphomny Orchestra practicing in my stomach ..........but feel I need Dynamite too shut them up and get em all out ......anyway folks ta for reading and I hope someone can help out .........Cant be only one thats suffered xx

Did they give you any Lanzaprole when you came out of hospital, that is to help with wind. Good to know you have got over your other problems though.

I take Lanzapraole for my COPD ,......Surgeon told me Not to have anymore ......back at Clinic week on Monday will ask about other stuff Dave .......probably a bit naughty but I took 2 Rennie and it really shifted both ends thankfully ..........just most have been something id eaten that didnot agree with my new Stomach .........nice to know you guys n gals are here to help and get advice ...........must admit im 5 weeks Post op and other than a few weeks poorly ..........may have been to do with Copd not necassarily Surgery ........funny thing is everyone that sees me says ooooh its doing ya good youv lost weight ,......saw 2 members of family and they said ,....puh ya dont look no different ........I did not need that ,,......so iv decided to stop seeing them 2 for a while ............Bedford 2015 ,......does that mean your on the mend ,,....hope so ,.....having been poorly the first thing that goes thru yamind is ,.....I wish id never had Op ,............we all know its not true ,......so glad I did x

Hi all, came out of hospital this am. That place is def worse than Bedford. The right hand does not know what the left one is doing. Can't believe they had no multi vitamins- they do not stock them! Yet it's the one I was given from surgery. Never gave me any med yesterday, kept asking for it. Had a really bad headache due to dehydration asked for paracetamol at 8am never revived till 4pm. First bit of food I got was this am and it was porridge but discharge said go back to liquid. What they did give me was two backs of omperazole which I believe done the trick, then I asked the Dr should I now go on this 3 times a day, she said no! Yet this solved the acid problem. Glad to be home. Xx

Great news to hear you are home but sad to hear that your treatment you got was shoddy. Hope that you can now move on and improve. Take things easy. I have had a few episodes all because I haven't learned to eat properly yet. No doubt that will come with time. Big hugs.

So yesterday was OK eating the soup, but I have gone back to square one. Had milky weetabix at 6.30 got bile up every ten minutes. Told by surgeon yesterday don't drink water ! Forgot to say I hypo in the hospital 3 times. Don't want to ring hospital as they were not helpful when I was in..I really want a drink x

So yesterday was OK eating the soup, but I have gone back to square one. Had milky weetabix at 6.30 got bile up every ten minutes. Told by surgeon yesterday don't drink water ! Forgot to say I hypo in the hospital 3 times. Don't want to ring hospital as they were not helpful when I was in..I really want a drink x
I eventually made the decision to ring hospital . Told if I don't get ant liquid down in the next hour I would have to go through A&E again, well I was sick till 2pm.tried milk and it went down. I was so happy. Rang back nurse and told to ring back tomorrow to see how I go. Just so thrilled to not producing bile x

Sorry you have been feeling so ill. You seem dehydrated and if you have had hypos you will feel really thirsty..have you tried sucking on ice to curb your thirstiness without the volumes of water?

Sounds like you had a really negative experience in hospital....
I have found them less helpful with post op support... whereas pre op I found them brilliant... Its a shame really :(

glad to hear everyone doing well post op :D love reading all about your journeys it keeps me positive about this whole scary thing and glad to hear your better bedford :) much love xx

Sorry you have been feeling so ill. You seem dehydrated and if you have had hypos you will feel really thirsty..have you tried sucking on ice to curb your thirstiness without the volumes of water? Sounds like you had a really negative experience in hospital.... I have found them less helpful with post op support... whereas pre op I found them brilliant... Its a shame really :(

Thanks guys. yes had an ice pop last night. Two hours latter I thought I would try half can of Tomato soup - 1 teaspoon it came back up left it an hour had a cup of tea that went down and then tried soup again at 9pm it went down.

Today's plan to separate my tablets

So today was not a bad day
6.20- omperazole
-6.45 am - tea
8.00-9.30 100ml of choc slim fast
9.45 - ferrous sulphate
9.55 - iced squash I made the night before 25cl
11.45- vitamin tablet
12.30 - tried 1 teaspoon of chicken soup got stuck
13-30 tried chicken soup again done 1/2 tin
14.51- more squash.

Phoned hospital to give them update I am thinking that my oesophagus goes into spasm. It does not like anything thick or its random. My mum had the same without the surgery. As I said before this happened with the band, then removed I was never sick again.. Nurse will phone me tomorrow x

Oh yeah bought myself a Fitbit charge HR watch it's great managed over 6000 steps yesterday at work- think that was how many times I used the toilet. Would recommend it. Even shows bpm.

I am 40 this Friday and feel lost what to do as can't eat out, London will be too exhausting without proper food intake ,was going to New York, what a change in plans

Thank you for the support.

Xx?

Hi Toni, yes am on normal food now, all going well except for my bowels which dont want to work even after taking dianomite, with the amount of stiff i have taken anyone else would be perminently on the toilet, but not me, am seeing the GP next week as eating a healthy diet with fruit and Veg. Otherwise am doing ok.
How are you doing?

That's not good bless you. All is good for me I've not really been that adventurous with foods still quiet nervous about new stuff and I wasn't able to see the surgeon on my 6 week check up through not feeling well so I have an app with the nurse this Friday and then the surgeon on the 22nd June so until I've seen them still unsure about what to eat lol xx glad your doing really well though Huni. Have you experienced dumping yet? I've been lucky so far fingers crossed and not had any thing like that.

How's everyone else getting on? Xx

Not had any dumping yet, did have one day where i ate to mych and vomited for a couple of hours, not sure how much i should be eating each day, hope i am not eating to much. Drinking 1.5 - 2 ltr water plus decaf coffee. My next appointment is 19th June to see the Nurse or Diatition not sure which.

Am doing well, have my 6 week check up on Monday. Want the surgeon to say I am OK to go off to Sweden, if he does will be booking the ferry straight away. I am experimenting with different foods, not all low calorie, that will come later. Had a lovely cheese and potato pie tonight, I mashed them with lighter garlic and herb cream cheese, then put under the grill with some grated cheddar on top. Definitely know when I have had enough and I also do not feel hungry, so have to keep an eye on meal times. Am surprised what I can eat but still have to be careful on the way I eat, have had reflux a few times, but not for two weeks now. Not a pleasant experience, something I don't want to repeat. Weightloss has stalled which I believe is the norm for some. Have lost 27lbs since op. So more than happy. Hope you are all doing well now.

Has anyone on here post surgery after the 8 weeks on soft foods tried chicken yet? I'm nervous about it only mean I've tried is ham and gammon!

Back