• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Apprehensive

lynnepoth

Well it's finally happening! Just waiting on confirmation of date it will either 5th or 12th! So I came away and although you are not required to do lsd until 2 weeks before I am terrified my liver won't shrink enough and finally getting the go ahead it seems silly to have last suppers as this has to a commitment for life! So yesterday I followed the milk diet today I am doing the food option! Dietician said it is fine to alternate full days between them so as its the weekend I thought I would go for the food option! I am taking my son to the cinema so instead of my usual bag of popcorn and sweets I have fruit and water!

Feeling excited ex by the thought of weight loss! Had a wobble after initial yes from surgeon as it happened so quick after waiting for so long! But I guess everyone has s moment where they question whether they are doing the right thing! It's not the worry for me but my children!

So day two on this pre op diet and my scales had already dropped 2lbs! I have to shift 1.5 stone!

Jacwat

Well it's finally happening! Just waiting on confirmation of date it will either 5th or 12th! So I came away and although you are not required to do lsd until 2 weeks before I am terrified my liver won't shrink enough and finally getting the go ahead it seems silly to have last suppers as this has to a commitment for life! So yesterday I followed the milk diet today I am doing the food option! Dietician said it is fine to alternate full days between them so as its the weekend I thought I would go for the food option! I am taking my son to the cinema so instead of my usual bag of popcorn and sweets I have fruit and water!

Feeling excited ex by the thought of weight loss! Had a wobble after initial yes from surgeon as it happened so quick after waiting for so long! But I guess everyone has s moment where they question whether they are doing the right thing! It's not the worry for me but my children!

So day two on this pre op diet and my scales had already dropped 2lbs! I have to shift 1.5 stone!

Fantastic not long now! Which hospital are you at? Good luck with LSD x

lynnepoth

I such a work wind as all happening so fast! Op is two weeks on Thursday! My emotions are on overload! Am I doing the right thing? Wanted this for such a long time now questioning myself! Questioning as worried something will go wrong! Do I write letters in case? Don't want to be pessimistic and want to be positive but can't help thinking what if! I am a very organised person and like to be in control I suppose this is a little out of my comfort zone! Do other people prepare and feel like this?

I feel very much like it even though have no date yet - hopefully not too far away. I put on some weight over Christmas after having made the executive decision not to diet over the Christmas and New Year period as I knew this would be last Christmas of feasting, well at least for a few years yet, but I have lost 11 lbs since the 6th January and keep thinking to myself if I can do this without the op. maybe that's the way to go for me, however, in the back of my mind I know that I would not be able to keep it up and would put the weight back on and some. So I have to take my chances and go for it. I have always said, 'when your time is up it is up', but I am not ready to go yet as I have so much I want to do.

Think to yourself, what alternative have you if you want to have a more healthier and happy lifestyle. Is the alternative a better option.

Only you can make the final decision, whatever it is, it will be right for you.

Good luck - we're all behind you.

Butterfly_lady

I think most of us feel like this, I wanted to wish you luck and to say I have no regrets xxx

kurstywursty

I had all the feelings you are having now I suspect most of us do. Best thing I ever done for myself. Good luck xx

lynnepoth

Thank you everyone! It could be cause I have come down with flu bug so not feeling my best either trying to rest so I can get rid of it! Hope it doesn't have an effect on my op date!

lynnepoth

Gallbladder pain?

Me again!

Surgery 12th feb currently on pre op diet! Since yesterday afternoon had really bad pain in right shoulder blade! No stomach ache really! Belly bit tender when pressed! Could this be gallbladder pain! Paracetamol not touching it!

*kayy*

Hi ive recently had my gall bladder removed, the pain I had went round my rib cage, front to back up into my shoulders and was unbearable, I've had 5 natural births with no pain relief and would say labor pain was tame in comparison. See a Dr to rule it out. Hope you feel better soon x