• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

August Club

Evenstarr

Oooh you're just 3 days ahead of me Nicky!
Good luck :)
Em xxxx

dimond

Hi Tracey not long now hun! How you feeling? Hi nicky 4 days after me Hun xxxx

LubiLu

It's so exciting that we are having it all so close together. It's also nice to have people to talk to about it. My Mam is in hospital (not wls) and my husband doesn't really understand. He thinks I'm going to leave him when I get smaller. My sister who isn't quite as big as me, is jealous I'm getting the 'easy option'. So it's lovely to think there are people who are going through the same thing

Evenstarr

Lubilu it is good isn't it having people in the same situation to chat to.
I'm lucky, in that I've got a very good support network of family and friends but non of them really understand what I'm going though.
My mum who in the beginning was really supportive, is now less so I think it's because now my op is really happening there's a very real possibility I'll be slimmer than her by the end of the year.
Em xxxx

LubiLu

When I went for the seminar and it all began, my family were great, but I agree. My sister has really tried to put me off it. I thought at first it was because she was worried about me, now I think it's beacuse she doesn't want me to be thinner than her. I'm the biggest out of my whole family and to be honest, I don't want to be anymore. After me, my sister will be the biggest and I don't think she likes that. You would think that people would be happy for you, wouldn't you? For once in my life I am going to be selfish and have it done for me. No one else

Evenstarr

Thanks Chillie, your turn will come around soon, where in the process are you?

amanda577

I agree it's nice to be able to chat with people who are all going through the wls journey. At first I felt quite sorry for myself, as I don't really have any family close by,and I live alone, but actually in some ways its easier as I don't have to keep trying to justify what I am having done and why, its making the milk diet easier to cope with, as I don't have to cook for anyone else. I have literally cleared my kitchen cupboards and freezer of all the junk food, and am going to re stock with all the nice healthy stuff after my op...

gonnabethinner

Good luck to all you all getting it done in august. Am so envious of you all wish it was me. Hey think how you all will be looking by christmas. Sooo pleasee for you all!

twinkle toes

wish mine was this august :( mine will be august NEXT year at this rate x

LubiLu

Twinkle toes, it'll be here before you know it. I thought that at the beginning, but it soon comes around. Gives you time to adjust to everything too

dimond

I agree it's great that we are all having surgery close together. I think we will be a great support for each other. I really don't care what others think, I'm lucky and have a very supportive husband and 2 very supportive daughters. My 19 year old cant wait as she wants to pinch my clothes lol, she's a size 10 by the way, I don't think I'll get to that size. I'll be happy at a 12-14! It's defo not the easy option and I don't think anyone goes into this lightly! Not long now peeps and we will all be stating our fantastic weight loss eeeeeeeek xxxx

Tracey1404

Enjoyin' my journey....
Hi Tracey not long now hun! How you feeling? Hi nicky 4 days after me Hun xxxx
Sort of ok. No carb diet since Friday and onto milk Friday coming. A bit anxious, but excited more than anything!! Thanks for asking tx

Tracey1404

Enjoyin' my journey....
It's so exciting that we are having it all so close together. It's also nice to have people to talk to about it. My Mam is in hospital (not wls) and my husband doesn't really understand. He thinks I'm going to leave him when I get smaller. My sister who isn't quite as big as me, is jealous I'm getting the 'easy option'. So it's lovely to think there are people who are going through the same thing
I'm lucky as have loads of support, although a couple of people do see it as easy option. There is nothing eats about needing to take this decision, but life ahead of us now, and let's do this smiling and with optimism! Other than house it is the most money I have ever saved to spend on me, so determined it will work! Txxx

LubiLu

It's not a decision I've made lightly, but I know that I have to do it. Otherwise I would never be able to lose that much weight and keep it off. My husband thinks that I may regret having it done, as it will mean that I'll have to change the way I eat forever. It is something that we enjoy doing together. It's diffecult to ease his mind, but I am certain I am making the right choice

clar01

August 29th for me Kind Edward VII, London.
No pre op diet for me. Having the bypass.
Getting a little jittery now!
Not telling anyone other than close family, which is feeling really weird xxx

dimond

You are lubilu! Me and my husband enjoy eating together but as I see it we still can, eventually we could probably eat the same things and by the time I eat my little portion he would have finished his big portion :) x

LubiLu

Dimond, That's exactly how I see it.
Clar01, You are lucky you don't have to do the diet. (I thought everyone had to) I start mine on Friday. At least it means I'm getting closer