• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

August Club

Yup last meal celebrated Thursday, went for an Indian it was gorgeous, start my milk diet today,
4 pints of milk
2 pints of water
1 salty drink
Treat 1 auger free jelly

The thing is I don't really like milk :)

Good luck with your op next wednesday blackcraig. Looks like you are the first member of the August club to go for surgery xx

I have been on the milk diet now for a week and have 11 days to go. I am like you nigelc, not that keen on milk, so my dietician said I could have an extra yogurt instead of my full milk quota as long as I made sure I got all my other fluids in....

Hi lubilu what did you have for your last meal? I have 2 days to go then start mine! Xxx

Hi Dimond, I had a Chinese take away. It was yum. Also had a small Rum and coke and a Twirl. If I'm honest I was happy to start diet as I felt ill going to bed. That's terrible, I know. But I'll never be able to eat that food again. Have you decided what you are going to have?

Nigelc, is that all you ate? I didn't know if you had to eat all of the food on the list, or you could leave some things out. I'm not keen on yoghurt or soup.

I think keeping fluids up is the most important, but I don't know what you are allowed to leave out.

So how's your first day been Lubilu?
Em xxxx

Not bad actually. Although I couldn't face another yoghurt. Haven't been hungry but had an awful taste in my month. Is that normal, do you think?

hi lubilu pleased its going ok for you, just been shopping to get my supplies in and trying to decide what to have for my last fattening supper. i also treated myself to some thorntons chocs for tonight, only 5 i may add lol. oh decisions decisions xxx

Hi Folks,
I've just found this forum and it looks great. I'm in the August club too lol. Going for my surgery on Friday :O at THG - starting to feel a wee bit scared now lol

Hi

Hi Everyone,

Just came across this forum. I am having my gastric band on Friday at THG, I think that qualifies me to be part of the "August Club" lol. It's nice to know there is a support group out there.

Tracy

LubiLu said:
Nigelc, is that all you ate? I didn't know if you had to eat all of the food on the list, or you could leave some things out. I'm not keen on yoghurt or soup.

Yes that's all I ate, you have an allowance to eat for the day and the list was my allowance, I wish yoghurt was on my list.

Thank you Nigelc, not finding the diet too bad actually. Much easier when I'm at the house though. Was out all day yesterday and I was staving, so I bought a pint of milk. Not very exciting, but at least I wasn't hungry.
On the plus side, I've lost 6lbs in 2 days.
Dimond, What did you decide to have as your last meal?

Hi lubilu I decided on chicken kebab and my thorntons chocs ofcourse, bloody lovely but wish I'd had a Chinese now! Xxx

Hi everybody, this is my first post :wave_cry: I have been mooching around this site for a while and reading some valuable information from all of you.

I have my gastric bypass booked for 27th August at the spire in leicester.

I originaly had a band fitted two years ago :sigh: but not had much luck at all so after a lot of research i have decided to go for the bypass :eek: to be honest i really think i should of had one in the first place but we live and learn lol.

Im nervous and excited but really looking forward to losing weight although because of the failure of me having the band i am obviously a little sceptial but i am extreemly posotive and am going to give it my best shot.

I have to follow a low fat diet the week before and thats it, no milk or anything? was just wondering what kinds of things can you have after surgery? it says on my paperwork that i can have complan, slim-fast or build up do any of you plan to use any of these? Will be sticking around here for the long run so look forward to getting to know some of you

michelle x

Hi Michelle and welcome. I had the band aswell and got it removed just over 2 weeks ago coz like you I didn't have much luck with it. I'm having my bypass in 2 weeks time. Again like you I feel a bit sceptical and Iv started getting the jitters. Keep us posted Hun and good luck xxx

Hi Misshell, I'm having a bypass on 20th August and I have no idea what I'm going to eat in those first few days/weeks, I don't like milk or any of those milk based shake things.
I'm hoping I'll get plenty of info at the hospital when I have my op.
Em xxxx

Back