• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Band on the run!

Loved the reference to the hubby, HAHAHA!
Glad you're doing ok JL :D

I looked at my diet diary again yesterday as I hadnt added it all up. Turns out I was miserably low on calories, fluids and most importantly, protein.
This is probably why I had the blues , aches and chills.
I shall redress that today ((skips off to buy more Tesco's Marvel))

Finally my week one has drawn to a close, Weigh in day.
Woop woop I have lost seven pounds!!
Thats ⅛ of my goal right there!

A lovely jubbly start and just the kick I need today to push me into a better place.

Thanks ManiJayne for your encouragement! I like writing this as it will give me a good record of my journey to look back on. I also found the other girls' diaries incredibly helpful when I got here and thought I'd pay it forward. I devoured their diaries like fish n chips on the end of the pier and felt like I knew everyone! It was good to read the good and the bad to feel I had researched this a bit and wasn't going in thinking I had just bought some magic fairy dust that was going to make me slim overnight, with no effort on my part.

well done on the 7lbs xXx

Things that weigh 7lbs:

The skin on a human adult weighs around 7 pounds
A new born baby
Chicken for 4 servings
7lb bowling ball
Small shark

An empty 2ltr pop bottle filled with water weighs 4.5lbs I think from memory. When I last lost a load of weight I used to put a bottle matching the weight outside my door. I ended up with 10 and it was impossible to even pick up 5 together. And I was carrying that weight around. Unfortunately I failed again regained it all and more same old story. But it was a good way to actually feel what I was losing.

Monday morning and I'm 10 days post op.
Feeling absolutely well and healthy.
Still on a liquid diet until friday. I have no issues with that, and seeing the scales drop further on a monday morning.. the day when I have usually undone all the work I put in mon-fri (and I know you will probably all identify with that!), makes the liquid diet positively fantastic! The key for me is getting 55-60g protein into the 1000-1200 calories I am having daily.

I have started back at work.
I make and design cakes for a living so to be honest I was petrified that surrounding myself with sweet goodies would be the end of my will power.
Not so! I have now baked for two days and the "head" brain seems to be as strong and controlled as the "belly' brain.

I am contributing this to two factors. One, the book I am reading thanks to BandedHun about Binge eating (I dont binge eat but I have applied the idea to my own situation). It has given me a different perspective of why I eat bad things and self destruct, and how to overcome that challenge.
Factor two is obviously the biggest though... the amount of money I have spent and the determination I am feeling to make sure I make it work for me. Failure is simply NOT an option!

Anyhoo... Im off for "deep clean Monday".. oh the joy!
Enjoy your day

xx

Wow... well done on all that self control, I dont think I would be doing as well if having to back and decorate cakes.

I am glad all is going well, it inspiring to read all your stories x

Phew back to work with a vengeance!
The phone hasnt stopped ringing, even when I was in Tescos lol
I can honestly say it's a new me in the kitchen.. not even trying to not eat stuff in there.. I just havent. Im so proud of myself!

I do have weird old aches and pains going on- my lower back feels like gravity is pulling it down inside.. most odd.

Im hungry but Im full. Its so bizarre! I cant describe the feeling that accompanies me all day. I just try and not think about it. But Im steadfastly keeping to 900-1200 cals a day, 2 litres at least f fluid, and 60g protein.

Mushy food starts soon. Woop de woop! (Actually I rather like this lazy way of eating for the most part). Today I got caught out with no food and doing a food shop, so I ate a spoonful or two low fat cottage cheese. When I got home, I added a teaspoon of pesto to it, and ate the rest of the pot. It was the most stunning culinary extravagance one could ever hope to put on one's taste buds. Worthy of Master Chef. Who'd have thunk? lol

Im sooo hungry lol
But my whole attitude to food is amazingly healthy and pious.
I havent TOUCHED anything bad other than a glass of red vino last night. My food diary is painstakingly filled in, and I DONT pick or graze.
Im being so good that it's actually shocking me! lol

(But Im chuffin ravenous!)

Great you are sticking to the rules. If you are really ravenous though are you eating enough? Sounds bizarre when trying to lose weight LOL but eating less doesn't ALWAYS mean we lose. When do you get onto the textured foods rather than mushies? as things like crackers etc will help the band work harder and give a feeling of satisfaction for longer ... It's definitely worth it though. Well done so far xxxx

Thank you for the encouragement Flutterby :) I am doing my best to lose and keep to the straight and narrow. Its hard with no restriction but my will power has certainly had a kick up the bum, which is great and just what I needed.
I am recording 100-1200 calories a day, and have been on mushy food since friday- so only three days. Im eating mainly soup and mushed up veg, but had a penchant for pilchard (I dont even like pilchards lol) last night so mashed them up too. Must have been something in it I was lacking!

I dont really want to add any more calories as any time Ive lost weight in the past its been calorie controlled at this level. Im and all or nothing girl it seems. Any more cals and I will start reaching for the phone to dial the local chinese takeaway. Mmm Mashed spring rolls lol

Pilchards ...its strange ... I buy them for my pooches, and the odd time I have had a nibble even though I don't really like strong fish or seafood :eek:

Glad you're doing SO well JL, good work, keep it up. : D
I have my appointment for my first fill, June the 3rd. This will be an experience! Not sure how I feel about this, everyone says it's not painfull, still not sure! Getting ready for the fight
to begin! I will win though...

Back