• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

BandedHuns Mad Fat Diary

Nice to see you feeling more positive I've followed your story closely, at first looking at this very glamorous girl thinking why does she want Wls but everyone has a vice, mines wine in rough times I reach for a bottle, even Wls hadn't combatted that, luckily my ridiculous working hours make it impossible to become a problem but I know if I was one to grab chocolate or cheese I'd be in deep trouble. Good on you for battling through your rough patch xxxx

Ahhh thanks girls - you know what! The surgeon and the nurses where very much like you really don't need to loose much but in my head the amounts ( on binges ) I can consume are vile. Seriously, maybe 10000 kcal's. And that guilt that drives head is awful. Now I think I'm lucky if I get 1000kcal down my throat on a binge. So for me sorting out my distributed behaviours the band has been great. I love the full feeling and not feeling hungry till 3-4pm the only thing id like to change is get back on to more healthy foods and eat less late at night.... That's all.

Other than that I need to keep positive and look at the simple things in life. Everyone at work doesn't understand why I do see what others see but we all have our demons. That's just me :-( xxxx

Good to see you posting hunni :) you certainly sound more chipper lol bless you its been a tough time for you, and trying to learn how to cope in different ways is a huge challenge. Your right we all have our demons, we all cope differently, and now not being able to bury our heads into the nearest cake or takeaway we have to find new coping strategies. I think your doing blooming amazingly, you have been thru some of the toughest emotional battles lately and here you are, you came out the other side, more philosophical and more rounded :) as a person..... i mean lol hmmm that don't sound right but what i mean is the rich learning this journey has us on can only ever make us more balanced .....hmmm maybe even a better person eventually :) You start to look at life thru different eyes, rather than just dulling down the pain of everyday life with food, i'm certainly with you there lol I'm so pleased your band has settled, maybe being a bit more at peace has helped somewhat......... so onwards and downwards hunni i'm sure this journey has a lot more curve balls to throw at you yet, but i just know you will meet any challenge thrown your way, you are an amazing, strong, beautiful young woman :) x x x x huge hugs x x x x

its amazing to hear from you with such such a healthy and happy mindset hun! really happy for you! its a lot to learn this whole bander business but youve hit the nail on the head! Your doin great well done x x x

Thanks everyone.

Manic set of early shifts and I have precisely 4 weeks to run a 10k.... Do you think I've managed one road run yet! Nope! So unfit, I just don't have the time or energy.

Anyway, tried this morning on my early shift to eat a breakfast... It's 8:30 ... Do you think I can get beans, or egg down my throat... Nope! One spoonful and I'm like... This needs to come up! It's just sitting there. Urghhhh.

Literally ... What can I eat, yesterday I managed a yoghurt and a muffin in a 12hr shift.

I'm never really hungry I just want to eat because I haven't ?

Oh well must get back to business ....

Enjoy your days miii lovelies xxx

Went out for my first six mile run today.... I will get this weight off and be small again!!! It's time to work...

One questions? Any one have issues with the and running? Excercise ? Heat? And did it effect you day trying to eat... Only nothing's really gone down since the run? I has to have a mouthful of I've cream as kept going dizzy....
Hummmmm

Thoughts?!?!

Cannot comment about the running (well done!) but the heat affects my band. As I swell or retain water the band feels tighter and I cannot eat as much. At times like that I always have protein shakes available to make sure I get enough calories :)

Thanks flutterby... I've woken up quite hungry this morning but I know in 100% I won't get solid/ even eggs down in the morning.... I'll try done mushed weetabix around 10 am ish....

Hi BandedHun.

How long after your band did you start running? I am having my band on 28th June, just 9 days time- can't wait!

I have been faffing about with Couch to 5k for a good while, I start do it a few weeks then stop then start again. How long after my band do I need to wait till I start Cto5k again??

Thanks. You are doing brilliantly, fills me with hope!

Denise
XxX

Hi teddy girl! This is the first time I've run so 25th march I had it ... So like three months they said 6 weeks but there's no way I could of. I've had the most awful time ( lifestyle not band related) but the stress really effected my band. Finally down 2st 5lb and I'm not careful with what I eat because I'm a case of getting some calories is better than nothing. I struggle with stress in my life effecting my eating pattern so thought to myself how best to deal with stress was to bring the Excercise back in... Oh my god the 6 miles killed me and it was sooo hot yesterday. I was fine at first then 4 miles in I just found it hard to breathe the hotter I got. Still finished it, thank god.

But it's been so nice today a muffin, biscuit take outs and loose weight rather than gaining all the time. My portions are tiny though.

So for example a chow mein before I'd demolish... Now two teaspoons or a tablespoon and I'm
Done.

I've got my third fill on 10th July BUT not having a fill I really fine know if my tiny band could take it when I'm not Able to eat much anyway. I just want to go
There in July and have lost another 7lbs .... I'll be happy.

Oh everyone... I'm planning my wedding for 16th Oct 2015 .... In Las Vegas too then flying to Florida or Hawaii xxxx ????

Congratulations!!! I do love a wedding. My band is for my daughters wedding, I have until April to become gorgeous!!!
XxX

O wow Hun. Vegas for your wedding!! We were there last week!! Didn't get married though!
Hawaii sounds much nicer than Florida.
You'll be a proper skinny Minnie by then too!

Congratulations!!! I do love a wedding. My band is for my daughters wedding, I have until April to become gorgeous!!! XxX

I'm sure you'll look fab by then- work harder than I do and you sure will. My weight loss isn't great ( but my bands a secret so I don't want drastic weight loss quickly) plus I can achieve that anyway, my band was my slow and steady way of getting to a natural weight when I can eat the foods I like in complete MODERATION... And I'm achieving 12 weeks ish and 2.5st down is super for me without even really thinking about what or how I eat, I know I could be a size 12 by now if is worked at it but... I'm happy, life brings us all tests and the best thing for me is I'm loving myself again ... Slowly... One day at a time!

Oh Emma! I love Vegas.... Where did u stay? I haven't been since 2007 so I bet it's changed loads... Id love to be a skinny mini by then... If I can keep up the running and mange it all around shifts etc I think ill do great. Thinking I might be at that green zone with my band as I'm just not eating too much, I'm not hungry ever... It's my head that wants food.... How are u dong Emm's??? I know the weight loss is amazing. But how u feeling?

Xxxx

We stayed at polo towers, top end of the strip near MGM grand & New York hotels. I was last there in 2003 & it has changed loads, last time we stayed at circus circus & that area is completely different.
I'm getting on fine, starting to like the new smaller me. Loving fitting ALL my clothes! Loving more energy too.
Onwards & downwards!

Wow congratulations hun :) am very jealous lol have never been to Vegas it sounds like a dream come true!! am sure you will be a beautiful skinny mini bride ya lucky gal :) well done on the run hun that is amazing and it must feel pretty good getting back to the old you.......... you certainly sound really positive am chuffed for you. x x x

Well done on the run Hun! Stress heat etc defo affects my band I think I'm a sensitive bander! Loving the new profile pic x

Running and exercise of most kinds affected my band by tightening it so I couldn't drink anything during and for up to 3 hours afterwards depending in how hard a session it was.

A few trials and errors (projectile mostly :p) I started having a large Costa latte (or two for 10 miles or longer as carbs were a no with my band) before starting. I'm diabetic so dried fruit etc was also a no, plus on an empty stomach also made the projectiles happen ;).

During a 10 mile event (at my favourite race), I just couldn't get anything down at all on the first water stop, on the other one I stopped and stared at my garmin and willed my band to let a cup of water in, it took 2 minutes and I was positively fuming. I then went of like a bat out of hell to recover those 2 minutes and I hurt myself everywhere so much I was in agony for days. I'm still pondering this a couple of years later that my time was 1:14 not 1:12 due to my band.

Congrats on the wedding, we are off to LV in October ;)

Back