• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Banders.......Feeling Full?

Thanks Liz, im really gonna have to sit down and work out an eating plan, just looked back over my daily menus and I have had hardly any veg at all......thats not good enough, cheers, you and Caz always have all the answers for us newbies x x x

hi kate, personally i think your restriction at this point seems fine for this stage, and learning whats best for you comes with time as you get used to your band and pouch, it took me along time to learn to listen to what my pouch was telling me.
ive just came home yesterday from a short break in n.ireland and i was out of my comfort zone regarding food, i was sick a few times but i was ok, it left more room for the booze lol :rolleyes:.

whens your next fill due kate ?

Hey kate, im lost on here and lost with no info so i hope u can enlighten me lol....HELP....x

:) hi maza, i see your new here, welcome to minis hun xxx

from liz xxx

hi kate, personally i think your restriction at this point seems fine for this stage, and learning whats best for you comes with time as you get used to your band and pouch, it took me along time to learn to listen to what my pouch was telling me.
ive just came home yesterday from a short break in n.ireland and i was out of my comfort zone regarding food, i was sick a few times but i was ok, it left more room for the booze lol :rolleyes:.

whens your next fill due kate ?

Thanks Liz, I feel a bit better, you know what your talking about!
My next fill is 2nd September and it cant come quick enough, I am so hungry, I had a bigger portion of shepherds pie yesterday about 8 tbsp, I knew I shouldn't be eating it all but I just wanted to feel satisfied, thats the 1st time that has happened, its so bloody hard not having proper restriction. Im really lost for food ideas at the minute cos of not being allowed chicken, rice etc, I feel like my meals are boring and thats hard getting used to :sigh:, i'll have more time on my hands when the children are back at school to concentrate on myself and my eating!!

welcome to the gang maza i hope you like it here xxx

Thanks Liz, I feel a bit better, you know what your talking about!
My next fill is 2nd September and it cant come quick enough, I am so hungry, I had a bigger portion of shepherds pie yesterday about 8 tbsp, I knew I shouldn't be eating it all but I just wanted to feel satisfied, thats the 1st time that has happened, its so bloody hard not having proper restriction. Im really lost for food ideas at the minute cos of not being allowed chicken, rice etc, I feel like my meals are boring and thats hard getting used to :sigh:, i'll have more time on my hands when the children are back at school to concentrate on myself and my eating!!

kate why arnt you allowed chicken ? i eat chicken just less than before, i cook a small chicken breast wrapped in tin foil in the oven which keeps it moist, i have that with veg a scoop of mash and gravy, just remember to chew the chicken well, cut tiny pieces off and go slow when eating. chicken salad is also nice or chicken curry as long as the pieces are small x

Oh god, the dreaded 'slime'. I sometimes get this when I eat too fast or dont chew properly.

kate why arnt you allowed chicken ? i eat chicken just less than before, i cook a small chicken breast wrapped in tin foil in the oven which keeps it moist, i have that with veg a scoop of mash and gravy, just remember to chew the chicken well, cut tiny pieces off and go slow when eating. chicken salad is also nice or chicken curry as long as the pieces are small x

The dietician told us to stay off chicken, rice & bread for 3 months, she said it was fine for me to have nimble but it must be toasted. If I was able to eat chicken my diet would be so much better, I feel im eating too much red meat and would just love some chicken

The dietician told us to stay off chicken, rice & bread for 3 months, she said it was fine for me to have nimble but it must be toasted. If I was able to eat chicken my diet would be so much better, I feel im eating too much red meat and would just love some chicken

ah ok i can understand the bread and rice part but not sure why she advised no chicken, you stick to what they have told you as they know whats best for you x

I can manage some chicken, like liz said, make sure it is softly cooked (i sometimes poach it in chicken stock then shred it using two forks like they do duck at the chinese) and chew it until it doesn't resemble chicken anymore :)

I can manage some chicken, like liz said, make sure it is softly cooked (i sometimes poach it in chicken stock then shred it using two forks like they do duck at the chinese) and chew it until it doesn't resemble chicken anymore :)

turkey is also nice i can manage that as well, so means i can also have christmas lunch with my family :D

I went off chicken when expecting my Son (he's almost 17) and only got back onto it approx 3 years ago when I did the Cambridge Diet (had to be highly spiced for me to get it down)...I don't think I could stomach having to chew it to a pulp so will probably leave it out again.

I tried braised beef last night for the first time since I was a teenager and managed ok as it was in the oven all afternoon and shredded into fine bits :rolleyes:

I have now had 3 fills (8.3ml in 10ml band) and only now am I getting any restriction. However, I have yet to get that "full" feeling. I just am finding hard to eat certain foods.

My concern is that if we chew our food too much it turns to puree and become a slider food.

ah ok i can understand the bread and rice part but not sure why she advised no chicken, you stick to what they have told you as they know whats best for you x

Just read through the manual and on one page its says to stay off chicken for 3 months post op and on another it says wait til your 1st appoinment with the dietician so I rang to speak to her and waiting on her to call me back. Was gonna take Phil to the Indian tomorrow night and I was gonna have seekh kebab (lamb mince meat) they are delicious but I would love to have tandoori chicken pieces or tikka pieces instead, i'll see what the dietician says!!

Hi gang thanks for the welcome...im new to the whole chatting on pc and the band thingy so plz all bear with me lol...U all sound so clued in lol...im like a lost sheep..x

Back