• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Banders.......Feeling Full?

Hey Kate u do no we are allowed pitta & wraps as well as nimble, they told me they were not as doughy and do not stick. If im honest ive had a small piece of chicken finely chopped and they said that was fine..Hope this helps. x

Hey Kate u do no we are allowed pitta & wraps as well as nimble, they told me they were not as doughy and do not stick. If im honest ive had a small piece of chicken finely chopped and they said that was fine..Hope this helps. x

I have nimble almost every morning with a poached egg and just read earlier about the wraps etc so might give them a go, cant wait to have chicken, did Kellie Guthrie tell you it was ok to have it?

Oh tell me about it, I would of had about 2 tins of diet coke nearly everyday, I really miss the fizz and the cold sensation of it going down :sigh:

Im off to the in-laws, have fun x

bye kate enjoy it at the munster-in-laws lol

i can only say how i find it i feel full and get this feeling one more mouthfull and im gona be in pain and hurling it took a while to recognise this feeling and a few times with head down loo. i do find if iv had to much or the consistency hasnt agreed with me i get the mucus and once i start burping the air from burp gets trapped in mucus which is agony and i will make myself sick once air bubble comes up im ok again i think it about learning the right foods for yourself if your hungry eat if your not dont and if you fell tight in your tummy you have had enough.

i can only say how i find it i feel full and get this feeling one more mouthfull and im gona be in pain and hurling it took a while to recognise this feeling and a few times with head down loo. i do find if iv had to much or the consistency hasnt agreed with me i get the mucus and once i start burping the air from burp gets trapped in mucus which is agony and i will make myself sick once air bubble comes up im ok again i think it about learning the right foods for yourself if your hungry eat if your not dont and if you fell tight in your tummy you have had enough.

Hi Serenity, I want to feel the 'full' feeling and actually be sick so I know what to look out for, I would die if I was out somewhere for something to eat and it happened, at least if it happened at home I would know what it is and never to do it again!!
It was like the time I ate a walkers sweet chilli crisp, it almost killed me and I have never attempted it again, I miss the crisps but not the pain that I experienced, it was bloody awful!!

Hi Serenity, I want to feel the 'full' feeling and actually be sick so I know what to look out for, I would die if I was out somewhere for something to eat and it happened, at least if it happened at home I would know what it is and never to do it again!!
It was like the time I ate a walkers sweet chilli crisp, it almost killed me and I have never attempted it again, I miss the crisps but not the pain that I experienced, it was bloody awful!!

it might be your just not tight enough yet im nearly a yr post op and at sweet spot but remembering back certain foods done it early on for me prossed foods sausages etc done it sooner as did fish not eaten that since my second fill and chicken is another alot of veggies also do it, hope you get another fill soon the tighter you are the more you will find you get the full feeling

it might be your just not tight enough yet im nearly a yr post op and at sweet spot but remembering back certain foods done it early on for me prossed foods sausages etc done it sooner as did fish not eaten that since my second fill and chicken is another alot of veggies also do it, hope you get another fill soon the tighter you are the more you will find you get the full feeling

Im fine with most foods as long as I chew them to a paste, im so looking forward to my band working properly im just not looking forward to certain foods that might get stuck......... foods that im able to tolerate now and probably not later on, i just hate the pain you get when food gets stuck oooohhh its awful. I get my next fill 2wks from today, I cant wait for more restriction and more weight loss!!

I've been reading this thread with interest. It's great to hear how everyone else feels. I have very little restriction at the moment (1 fill) so I can eat chicken, toasted wholemeal (1 slice), I tried rice yesterday (sushi) - not a good idea. I know when I've had something that doesn't agree with the pouch the pain is awful and I too get the mucus/sick thing!! I'm not sure about the full feeling - I don't recognise that yet. Anyway here's hoping.

I've been reading this thread with interest. It's great to hear how everyone else feels. I have very little restriction at the moment (1 fill) so I can eat chicken, toasted wholemeal (1 slice), I tried rice yesterday (sushi) - not a good idea. I know when I've had something that doesn't agree with the pouch the pain is awful and I too get the mucus/sick thing!! I'm not sure about the full feeling - I don't recognise that yet. Anyway here's hoping.

Me too, im so glad I asked it, its great seeing how everyone else is getting on and what works for them and doesn't etc

This thread just proves everyone is different doesnt it. I have been feeling the full sensation since the beginning and stop immediatly, I have also never been sick. Nothing has ever got stuck either but I have religiously avoided foods I was told may do so. As a non meat eater (do eat fish though - tuna has been a regular feature in my new food regime) maybe most of my food is easier to digest, anyway its so good we all have each other to bounce things around and see how we all deal with things.

Im glad you are going to be able to eat chicken Kate, after all variety is the spice of life!

It took me pretty much all year to get to the nearly sweet spot, I had my first few fills done by the nurse and despite my constantly telling her I did not have enough restriction , she would only put 1/2 mil in each time. Given that I could not just go for extra fills when I wanted (hard to get to the appointments due to kids still part-time at school then) I got severely peed off and just ate what would go down , very disillusioned and convinced I was not gonna lose a thing. It was only the last fill 8 months ago that gave me what I would say was almost the right restriction, and that was done by my surgeon who gave me just under 2 mils in that visit.
I spoke to the hospital yesterday, mainly to confirm my calories were OK but was also told my appointment for next fill has moved from next week to next month :( grr
I asked about what I have now and was told I have a 9 mil band with 8 and three quarter mils in.
I'm seeing the surgeon for my appt so he will be able to give me my last fill? if he can get any more in. Nobody has said I can't have any more so.... *shrug* Guessing and hoping for a weeny drop more as I feel I would like just a little more for sweet spot.
I am having to work hard though and be very disciplined but it's cool , I'm not complusive eating any more, calorie counting for me personally is helping me overcome that.

part of it

i think the feeling of fullness is a little overrated for me.

If i eat the wrong food i get the full feeling. If i eat a healthy balanced meal then i find that waiting for the full feeling can mean your portions are a little to big.

So i try now not to rely on any feeling of fullness and rely more on what i think is enough. I know that takes a little more will power but i got it at present still as i am loosing each week still. When i stop then a fill will be required and i am sure the next fill i will get a higher restriction and the full feeling for sure no matter what i eat and when.

i think the feeling of fullness is a little overrated for me.

If i eat the wrong food i get the full feeling. If i eat a healthy balanced meal then i find that waiting for the full feeling can mean your portions are a little to big.

So i try now not to rely on any feeling of fullness and rely more on what i think is enough. I know that takes a little more will power but i got it at present still as i am loosing each week still. When i stop then a fill will be required and i am sure the next fill i will get a higher restriction and the full feeling for sure no matter what i eat and when.

I dont think anyone was saying they rely on it or wait for it, its just if they have experienced it or not - some have some havent.

The people that dont experience it are indeed using their willpower and stopping when they think they have had enough. The people that have felt it are doing the same but may also expereince the feeling of fullness - doesnt mean thats from eating bad stuff either. :D

One way to try and get the sense of fullness is to make sure your meal lasts just over 20 minutes, it takes that long for the brain to realise the stomach has food.

My surgeon said, if you get to the end of a meal and it's still hot, you have eaten too fast....LOL:D

Back