• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

BANDERS UNITE ! Get to know each other chatter !

Hi CC it is at 3.30 pm.

tranquil

I'll be there around that time too then. Give me your number and I'll meet you with some dietary information - some print outs. We'll have a chat and take it from there. Can you get there a little earlier? My appointment is 1.5hrs earlier than yours.

Hi CC it is at 3.30 pm.

tranquil

Hey Tranquil..

I know you've had a rough time.. from start to finish..

I also know that this choice of surgery wasn't what you wanted..

But just so you know.. we're all here to help in anyway we can..

I have my first post-op appointment tomorrow.. to be quite honest i dot know what to expect as our previous knowledge of Walsall Manor, we should'nt have high expectations.. right?

But my appointment is at 3pm.. So hopefully i will see you there.. Ermm.. Ill be the one looking nervous with my son (having to take him out of nursery for silly appointment time, but we know never to turn down a appointment at Walsall manor, it only leads to back log!) and partner!

I feel as after-care from Walsall Manor.. there is lack of it..

&& I live by that booklet and peoples experience on here..

So im looking forward to this appointment hopefully shedding some light on my experience to come..

If you ever need to chat to a fellow bander.. Im free any time..

Marie x

Hey Tranquil..

I know you've had a rough time.. from start to finish..

I also know that this choice of surgery wasn't what you wanted..

But just so you know.. we're all here to help in anyway we can..

I have my first post-op appointment tomorrow.. to be quite honest i dot know what to expect as our previous knowledge of Walsall Manor, we should'nt have high expectations.. right?

But my appointment is at 3pm.. So hopefully i will see you there.. Ermm.. Ill be the one looking nervous with my son (having to take him out of nursery for silly appointment time, but we know never to turn down a appointment at Walsall manor, it only leads to back log!) and partner!

I feel as after-care from Walsall Manor.. there is lack of it..

&& I live by that booklet and peoples experience on here..

So im looking forward to this appointment hopefully shedding some light on my experience to come..

If you ever need to chat to a fellow bander.. Im free any time..

Marie x

Hi Marie

Just replied on the Walsall thread. I am there at 3.30. I will come a little earlier and will come and say hello - it will be nice to meet you.

tranquil

I'll be there around that time too then. Give me your number and I'll meet you with some dietary information - some print outs. We'll have a chat and take it from there. Can you get there a little earlier? My appointment is 1.5hrs earlier than yours.

Hi CC. I will try and get there early and perhaps meet you after your appointment? I will PM you my number.

tranquil

I know I am not a bander by choice. However it is in me now - further surgery is out of the question and I am going to make it work for me. Like the bypass I know it is a tool and it is down to me. I value the support of you and the other banders. I know from reading the threads on here that it is going to be hard going but I am now ready for it.

tranquil

Hi Tranquil,

I've not been on the forum much lately so forgive me if you've already explained this elsewhere. Have you got a band over a failed bypass or were you never bypassed at all? If it's a BOB (band over bypass) then you still have the benefit of shortened intestines.

Hi Tranquil,

I've not been on the forum much lately so forgive me if you've already explained this elsewhere. Have you got a band over a failed bypass or were you never bypassed at all? If it's a BOB (band over bypass) then you still have the benefit of shortened intestines.

I am assuming that nothing was actually cut although I really do not know as I have yet to receive an explanation as to what did happen exactly. I have my first pot op appointment tomorrow when I hope it will be explained. Otherwise I will be requesting a meeting with Mr Khan to discuss it.

tranquil

Tranquil,

So it was your first surgery and not a revision (which what I initially thought). I hope you get to the bottom of what happened in surgery. I'm just surprised that the surgeon or his team did not fully explain what happened to you before you were discharged. You are quite right to say all surgeries are just tools. It's what you do with the tool that leads to success. You sound like you have your head in a good space even in the face of what happened in surgery. Wishing you great success.

Tranquil,

So it was your first surgery and not a revision (which what I initially thought). I hope you get to the bottom of what happened in surgery. I'm just surprised that the surgeon or his team did not fully explain what happened to you before you were discharged. You are quite right to say all surgeries are just tools. It's what you do with the tool that leads to success. You sound like you have your head in a good space even in the face of what happened in surgery. Wishing you great success.

Thank you very much.

tranquil

Thinking of you always Tranquil... and good luck with your appointment Angel... love and hugs precious xxx

Always at your side my dear Friend.... get stronger and hoping you have a productive meeting... take good care Angel... love and hugs xxx

Hi Marie

Just replied on the Walsall thread. I am there at 3.30. I will come a little earlier and will come and say hello - it will be nice to meet you.

tranquil

Ive got long plum hair and my partner and 3yr old will be with me.. you wont miss us.. lol..

Look forward to it..

Marie x

well my first 10lbs is off just 7st left to go lol but my restriction not as good as i first hoped so booking back for another fill in next few weeks if they can fit me in

Back