• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Before WLS...Your Most Successful Diet?

Snowcrystal

Before WLS...What has been the most successful diet you have ever done?

I know we've done them all but when I was just a stone or 2 overweight (when I was in my late 20's early 30's) my most successful diet had to be Slimming Magazine...I hated (and still do) hate Weight Watchers.

Then after years of yoyo dieting it would be Cambridge Diet.

What was yours?...and if you had to go on yet another diet, what would it be?

(((hugs)))

Before WLS...What has been the most successful diet you have ever done?

I know we've done them all but when I was just a stone or 2 overweight (when I was in my late 20's early 30's) my most successful diet had to be Slimming Magazine...I hated (and still do) hate Weight Watchers.

Then after years of yoyo dieting it would be Cambridge Diet.

What was yours?...and if you had to go on yet another diet, what would it be?

(((hugs)))

Hiya my most succesful diet was weight watchers and i lost 17 stone on it then went and put it all back on. I hope i never have to go on a diet again now i have had the bypass just to make sure i make wise choices and eat healthy food. janey;););)

Best and most successful diet i ever did was Super Slim, i lost 83lb in about 9 months, however i got pregnant and put it all back on again. Then i did super slim again and lost two stone and got pregnant again, in the end i got sterilised and stayed fat. Figured that was the easier option, wish wls had been an option for me then i tell you!

ps and yes i put all the weight back on again, in fact the day after delivery i went to a party at playgroup and the other moms hadn't even known i was pregnant, they wondered who the baby belonged too.

pps, first baby was 12 today, ahhhhh

Best and most successful diet i ever did was Super Slim, i lost 83lb in about 9 months, however i got pregnant and put it all back on again. Then i did super slim again and lost two stone and got pregnant again, in the end i got sterilised and stayed fat. Figured that was the easier option, wish wls had been an option for me then i tell you!

ps and yes i put all the weight back on again, in fact the day after delivery i went to a party at playgroup and the other moms hadn't even known i was pregnant, they wondered who the baby belonged too.

pps, first baby was 12 today, ahhhhh

Julie

I am not going on Super Slim just in case the "miracle" happens and I fall pregnant....

ps: what is super slim?

(((hugs)))

Last edited:
none of em lol all crap for long term weight loss lol

I lost 3 stone on cambridge diet 20 years ago , went from 11st -8st and I thought i'd been obese then:eek::eek:
After this the weight literally piled on and I went from 15st -11st on Rosemary Conley hip and thigh diet:D
After this I have done either SW or WW and lost up to 3 stone every other year, hence me opting for this surgery, that will hopefully end the yoyo dieting once and for all :D:D

i lost 4 1/2 stone with slim world and before that 6 stone taking pills. plus every other diet at some point. always gained what lost plus more. thank god for my band

Good question. I have recently started Slimming World but am debating doing Cambridge Diet so looking forward to hearing people's responses!

Good question. I have recently started Slimming World but am debating doing Cambridge Diet so looking forward to hearing people's responses!

Me too...

Bought about £80 worth of Cambridge and done about 5 days and blew it again.

Was going to look at slimming World but know nothing about it yet.

(((hugs)))

Me too...

Bought about £80 worth of Cambridge and done about 5 days and blew it again.

Was going to look at slimming World but know nothing about it yet.

(((hugs)))

Did the CD not suit then?? Any comments gratefully received!!!

Slimming World seems quite good so far. I'm just looking into different options, and CD is available free through my hospital pre-op!

So you never did any diets prior to getting your bands?

(((hugs)))

lol yes could lose weight on all of them but never maintain long term x will power and being a food addict let me down thats why i needed wls x

atkins for me, lost 5 stone and kept it off for nearly a year, i have tryed since and can't do it again no matter how hard i try.

Ive tried all the diets over the years, but with no willpower I never managed to stick to them for more than a few weeks.

THe only diet that ever worked for me was cambridge. I lost 4 stones in 3 months, came off the diet for a birthday blow out and never managed to get back on it again. I soon regained the 4 stones plus another 2.5 for interest.

Have also tried slimming pills. They didnt work for me either.

Hi Snow

Lost a lot of weight with WW more times than I care to remember but regained when I failed to learn how to do it either when maintaining or long term.

I don't want to recommend this or anything but recently I've been using the principles of Dr Clarke's High Protein Diet in order to boost my post op weight loss. I bought the book from Amazon and I have found that it as really worked. You do have to restrict carbs but I found I can still have a slice of toast with breakfast, yoghurt after dinner and a piece of fruit every day and be within the lowest range. It is the same type of diet recommended for post surgery and I don't find it too restrictive. You can have fats on it if you wish ( I don't dump or have problems with then so I've had a little single cream now and again) and plenty of fibre rich veg. Not sure how Crohns affects fibre requirements.

M

Back