• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Birmingham girl op 7th june 14

I know just licking my wounds I had talked myself into it being in about four weeks, just my own working out from conversations with some in the support group. I didn't even get to merit mr Richardson it was just one of his bods and an hour late at that. In sure the time will fly by and I'll be flapping around about going in. Info know that it's going to be a Friday and home on Monday if all goes well. Thanks for your support :)

mouse57 Hi there what date have you been given at Heartlands Im just behind you I think I see surgeon on Monday I hope its Oct latest for me .Is it 18 weeks from when you see surgeon. Im always confused with it all. Keep your chin up hun we must support one another :)

Hi SHARON, it's 18 weeks from paperwork being done which was today. I make that the 3rd November. I saw one of mr Richards side kicks someone Sing who said I would have to do the diet for 4 weeks so that's why I couldn't have a cancellation unless it was at least 4 weeks I have said ok to that but he doesn't think that will happen. He didn't give me a date just 18 weeks wait. He dose his operations on a Friday and you should be home by the Monday

Was it mr singal mouse if so he did my op nice to look at but lousy bedside manners lol

Wishing you all luck Mr Richardson did my op, he's really nice :)

Hi his name was something like Rawonda Singh Nijjar excuse the spelling. I only heard the Singh bit but when I got home I looked up all the surgeons to see their performances etc. to be honest I found him to be very pleasant, the only thing was he talked me out of the sleeve and into a bypass, said i could change my mind on the day BUT I might end up with a sleeve any way because I have a very old large scar right down my middle. I have had a few restless nights but I'm sticking to my guns I want the sleeve. He even had a laugh with us when he explained the complications of the sleeve leaking and I said if he does it correctly we won't have a problem will we. Maybe he was just having an of day

Ah I saw him initially but he didnt do the op yes it was bypass or sleeve for me also he was pleasant

Hi did you want the bypass or the sleeve. I don't understand the leaking part because both have that risk and the bypass has more parts to leak ? How have you got on. I'm worried about the recovery part I want to be able to eat normally quicker and get back to work, he was saying that it's a great op but in two years I would be putting weight back on. NOT on your life if I have to stop eating and live on tea I will not be putting weight on. I know people do but not this girl

I bypassed no issues at all dont even feel like I had an op 11 weeks on no hunger just eat 3 meals as I know I have to not because of hunger I manage between5/600 calories a day recovery varies from person to person mine was quick others are still suffering a few weeks on

Hi SHARONA how did you get on today have you been given a date or is it the same as me 18 weeks

Hi Mouse i saw a MR NIJJAR although i set off by saying are you mr ninja he fell about laughing and said i wish i was one of these. He said yes to op after seeing my lengthy medical history and my knowledge on the topic with my reasons for wanting surgery. He told me it was about a four month wait. I was given a form for me to hand to the reception ant that i would be put on list from today! So its prob same time as you about any how! Wow cant believe this happening? Hows you? X

Hi that has made me laugh out loud wish I had know his name before I went in and thought of that I just said when he explained about leaking "well if you do it properly I won't have a problem will I " he did laughter at that. I have a good feel about him. You never know we might get the same date. Did he tell you he operates on a Friday home by Monday

Hi that has made me laugh out loud wish I had know his name before I went in and thought of that I just said when he explained about leaking "well if you do it properly I won't have a problem will I " he did laughter at that. I have a good feel about him. You never know we might get the same date. Did he tell you he operates on a Friday home by Monday
. Lol mouse its funny he said to me also if i do it properly he wont have to do a sleeve or band. When explained when he opens me up to see if it isn't possible to a Bypass due to not enough bowel or flexibility!! Or if i haven't done the liver shrinking diet prop. Are you feeling excited? Have you had any correspondence from them via letter etc ?? Also is it the dietitian that calls about starting the liver shrinking diet? Which one are you going to do?? Ps yes you never know we may see each other on ward that would be great to know we are nit alone although we have our families.

Good morning SHARONA now I have got his visit out of the way I am a bit more excited and relaxed. It was my birthday yesterday and I went to a harvester for dinner and enjoyed every mouthful I have restricted myself for so long now it was lovely. And I didn't feel guilty, I have been frightened to eat large amounts of anything incase it put weight on and they said no at the final stage. I still want the sleeve done because I think this is the right one for me however I have to be guided by him and he did say it will depend on the day. I would love to lose a stone a month until the op and then I wouldn't need it know what I mean, if I could do that I could lose the rest but it won't happen. Even with my strict diet the loss is poor. He did not give me any paperwork to hand in so I'm going to ring in a moment and make suet they do have me on the list, and I will then ask who tells us when to start the diet. Did he give you a weight loss goal eg lose 20!£ before the day of the op ? He just said to me you need to stick to the diet because if you haven't lost enough I won't be doing the operation. If I find out anything I will let you know. Have you been to the support group at the hospital, I went to the one last month a met people who had all the ops done, they were all so positive it was great to met them I'm not going to another one just yet but I will be going back

Last edited:
You get a letter for pre op assessment which will give you the % you have to lose the dieticians tell you when to start pre op diet

Good morning SHARONA now I have got his visit out of the way I am a bit more excited and relaxed. It was my birthday yesterday and I went to a harvester for dinner and enjoyed every mouthful I have restricted myself for so long now it was lovely. And I didn't feel guilty, I have been frightened to eat large amounts of anything incase it put weight on and they said no at the final stage. I still want the sleeve done because I think this is the right one for me however I have to be guided by him and he did say it will depend on the day. I would love to lose a stone a month until the op and then I wouldn't need it know what I mean, if I could do that I could lose the rest but it won't happen. Even with my strict diet the loss is poor. He did not give me any paperwork to hand in so I'm going to ring in a moment and make suet they do have me on the list, and I will then ask who tells us when to start the diet. Did he give you a weight loss goal eg lose 20!£ before the day of the op ? He just said to me you need to stick to the diet because if you haven't lost enough I won't be doing the operation. If I find out anything I will let you know. Have you been to the support group at the hospital, I went to the one last month a met people who had all the ops done, they were all so positive it was great to met them I'm not going to another one just yet but I will be going back
hi mouse no i wasn't told i need to lose an amount just to keep trying to lose weight. To be honest i have had some very bad binging days i ate a whole box of sensations and a box of matchmakers!!!! I really need to get my head in gear. Um off to gym tonight to get me stated on this journey. Im feeling down so perhaps thats why im over eating. Im hoping to go to one of the support groups as the last ones i was at work on late shifts. My worry at the moment is work.

If you feel it will help send me a private message but let me know here you have sent not because I have a problem getting around this site , not the site just me lol

Don't panic .. The liver shrinkage diet will sort out the required weight loss . Good luck I was operated on last June and it is the best thing I have ever done .. Who is your surgeon ?

Hi SHARONA and myself have had the operations last year,I was in October and SHARONA was in December both St Heartlands and we had Mr Singhla who is under Mr Richards team

Back