• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Birth story - Haha - not too graphic :) No - update from me really x

salski

Why hello everyone! - Long time no speak!

I thought I would write a nice little update as its been well over a month since I have been on - obviously due to having my daughter on Valentines day! :heartpump::heartpump:

The birth was pretty straightforward. I was in slow labour for the week following up to having her then on the Sunday - I made a Sunday dinner - felt so constipated all day, then started contracting that evening. I went round to my mums to time the contractions whilst hubby ran a few important errands.
By 10pm I had to ring the hospital - all my pain was in my back - it really all felt like I was seriously constipated, and all contractions we're in my back - I was sure (even though I was timing the contractions) that I just needed a poo! Haha
Got to hospital who said they we're really busy and had to put me in their 'small room' it was huge to me and I was happy in there - I was contracting every 3 minutes but when examined only 2cm dilated - an hour later I had to ask for pain relief - I was then 4cm dilated - gas an air was given and that did me until 7cm when she broke my waters and finally gave me the epidural! An hour later and the epidural had worn off - and no one believed me. I was contracting and telling them and could feel ALL the pain but the nurses didnt believe me! Haha
Either way I then felt the urge to push and at 6.23am on Monday 14th Feb baby Elsie Ann Poole arrived in the world :)
I am breastfeeding and although Im finding it hard - its worth it. She was born at a weight of 5lb15oz and was weighed yesterday and she is 7lb5oz :) Well happy! :D:D

As for me, I have BANGED on the weight and I reckon Im still piling the lbs on as I am eating like a horse - so will be making a conscious effort to eat better for me and for Elsie.

Anyway - I hope all is well here and everyone is getting on OK?!

All is happy in the Poole household :) :family2:

Sally xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Attachments

• elsie2.jpg
    elsie2.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 83

Big an Bouncy

Aww Sal shes a little love,and I love her name!Glad you are both doing well.Dont worry about your weight while feeding!

farzu

WOW.. Congratulations hun. She is beautiful. Love her eyes. GOD BLESS!! I was just thinking of you as i was reading your diary. I'm also hoping to be a mommy after i loose enough wait. its the main target for my surgery. Take good care xx

keeley86

awww i was thinking about you hun! shes a little beauty isnt she.... bless give her a snuggle from me xxxx

blueeyes

Congrats and well done you! She is adorable :)

dottychic

Lovely to hear from you Sal...Im so chuffed it all went went and she is gorgeous!! Good Luck getting back on track but dont you have to eat more if you breastfeed? I dont know much about breastfeeding lol :D XX

dawny

when i was feeding my babies, i just ate normally, but the midwifes used to tell us to get a cheese sandwich and a glass of milk, cos you can guarantee that as soon as u start feeding you get really thirsty. or you could just have a piece of cheese. obviously i didnt have the restrictions that we all have now. good luck with it all huni, your doing great, and i hope that once everything settles down and feeding is established (around 6-8 weeks), itll be all plain sailing then. big hugs, and a snuggle for little elsie xxxxx

shelbell

Proudly maintaining
Breastfeeding uses 500-700 calories per day, so you will have to really make sure you are leaving enough calories for yourself. In theory it is fine to breastfeed post op so long as you don't have complications and you are at a stage where you can eat adequately and are self aware enough to know what you need. I couldn't breastfeed because of my chronic malabsorption as it would be impossible to eat enough, but I did manage to express 3-4 times a day for the first 2 weeks so Charlie had some of the good stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

salski

Thank you all for your kind words.
As for breastfeeding, I am fine doing it other than the thirst lol. I have no restriction at all due to having to eat carbs 5 times a day during pregnancy due to complications with my blood sugar and late stage dumping, and for the 1st 2 weeks after having her I was fine, but now back to having hypo's! So still on carbs for ALL meals and snacks! But things are going well! :)

Bev

Awww Sal, great to see Elsie.... what a beautiful little bee... she's gorgeous!

Hope you are keeping well too Angel, been thinking of you all.

Fondest love always xxx

Grace

Hi Sal. Many, many congratulations. Elsie is absolutely adorable.
Don't worry too much about the weight; you definitely need more calories when you're breast feeding.
Also you need to drink plenty, as I'm sure you know.
Are you getting loads of support from your midwife and your bariatric team?
Hugs
Grace xxx

blaquesazzy

salski said:
Thank you all for your kind words.
As for breastfeeding, I am fine doing it other than the thirst lol. I have no restriction at all due to having to eat carbs 5 times a day during pregnancy due to complications with my blood sugar and late stage dumping, and for the 1st 2 weeks after having her I was fine, but now back to having hypo's! So still on carbs for ALL meals and snacks! But things are going well! :)

I am new to the forum and wanted to know when you had the surgery before getting pregnant? Thanks in advance...Shaniece