• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

BMI 62, can I not get gastric bypass in uk!!

Hi @JOHNG79 how you getting on? Not long to go now!?
I'm doing ok. My weight loss is slow and I'm still trying to work out best eating patterns for me but overall I'm happy with how I'm doing. I'm losing inches which is great!

my bmi was a lot lower than yours but was told that as I suffered with gastric reflux the sleeve wasn't any good and the consultant recommended a bypass.

my bmi was a lot lower than yours but was told that as I suffered with gastric reflux the sleeve wasn't any good and the consultant recommended a bypass. I am getting it done on the nhs. I went to my gp and asked if I met the criteria for a referral and she went through my notes but I suppose different health authorities may differ slightly
Hiya, yeah unfortunately iv had to go private as NI health service is draconian and dont offer bariatric surgery.

Hi @JOHNG79 how you getting on? Not long to go now!?
I'm doing ok. My weight loss is slow and I'm still trying to work out best eating patterns for me but overall I'm happy with how I'm doing. I'm losing inches which is great!
Not too bad. Pre op on 17th at riverside then op on 25th.
On a side note, do we see Mr li before the op, or just in theatre & afterwards?

my bmi was a lot lower than yours but was told that as I suffered with gastric reflux the sleeve wasn't any good and the consultant recommended a bypass.
Yeah the sleeve would maybe be easier op for me & the doc but as iv already got reflux, dont want to risk it getting worse

Are you having a bi-pass @JOHNG79.
I didn't see Mr Li on the day of surgery as his one before me over ran. I said to the anaesthetic guy how do I know it's Mr Li doin the op so he shouted him and he popped his head round the door as I was drifting off. I then saw him the following day.

Are you having a bi-pass @JOHNG79.
I didn't see Mr Li on the day of surgery as his one before me over ran. I said to the anaesthetic guy how do I know it's Mr Li doin the op so he shouted him and he popped his head round the door as I was drifting off. I then saw him the following day.
Yeah im for the bypass. Hold hands up iv already had a wobble lol.

@MrsN sorry for the delay replying, hope all is going well. I'm doing good but for the last 24hrs I have been getting a stitch like pain under my ribs, left side. It started last night as I was walking around Asda but as soon as I sat down when I got back to the car it went. This morning I've been for a short walk and I got the same pain, again, as soon I I sat down the pain went. I've done a quick google search and apparently it's quite common this kind of pain. Maybe I shouldn't be lugging chrimmy presents around and shopping.

I am 15 days post op so I tried a bit of porridge but I found it too thick so thinned it out with some milk but I could only manage about 4-5 tspoons. I still have a protein drink each day but I'm not getting enough water in cuz I feel full all the time. What are your views on a cheeky little chrimmy drink....I was thinking about 100mls of red wine, I find it odd that I'm actually craving red wine as I usually drink white and I'm not a very big drinker anyway, but I would love a few sips of red lol.
Did you try the wine @CYguy ? My two sips of Baileys caused me stomach ache so won't go there again before next Christmas!

@SAM55 and my half a cider make me drunk!

I was on meds for severe reflux for several years but it wasn't even mentioned when I asked for a sleeve but then I guess with all the other medical stuff it was probably way down the list of considerations. Anyway, good luck guys x

Hi @JOHNG79 no you won't need them. You'll prob have to take too off or lift it for ecg but that's it.

In your own room @JOHNG79 though I'm not sure how hdu works

well im due for pre op on tuesday & still not received financial paperwork. Absolute joke. Was assured last week it would be here this week, assured on thurs it was goin out first class that day.

I aint doing any pre op unless i have that paperwork. Scandalous

Really! Gosh @JOHNG79 mine was so smooth and just couldn't fault them. Both pre and post op. Fingers crossed! Can totally understand your frustration! But hopefully all ok and pre goes well.

Back