• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

BMI 62, can I not get gastric bypass in uk!!

How we all getting on today

Hi JOHNG Hope all is well with you :) I'm doing well on the pre op diet, getting a bit fed up of the sugar free jelly though, I probably need to find some different flavours other than strawberry and raspberry lol. I'm craving something spicy but not sure how I can jazz up chicken and still keep it extra low carb/carb free.

Today I received a pre op. diet sheet from Louise Coyle, the dietician at the Alex. it's very similar to the one I received at the Spire but doesn't include the milk diet. Just looking at the diet sheet now, I can see that this diet allows 2 teaspoons of low cal mayo/ ketchup / mustard so I might use a teaspoon of hot (not sweet) chilli sauce on my chicken to get over my craving for something spicy. Really surprised to see ' fruits as desired' is on this diet sheet as most fruit is high in carbs, I'll stick to not eating any fruit as I want my liver to shrink as much as possible. I'm going to weigh myself tomorrow to see how much I've lost, I hope its a decent loss. Only 2 more weeks to go :)

Hi JOHNG Hope all is well with you :) I'm doing well on the pre op diet, getting a bit fed up of the sugar free jelly though, I probably need to find some different flavours other than strawberry and raspberry lol. I'm craving something spicy but not sure how I can jazz up chicken and still keep it extra low carb/carb free.

Today I received a pre op. diet sheet from Louise Coyle, the dietician at the Alex. it's very similar to the one I received at the Spire but doesn't include the milk diet. Just looking at the diet sheet now, I can see that this diet allows 2 teaspoons of low cal mayo/ ketchup / mustard so I might use a teaspoon of hot (not sweet) chilli sauce on my chicken to get over my craving for something spicy. Really surprised to see ' fruits as desired' is on this diet sheet as most fruit is high in carbs, I'll stick to not eating any fruit as I want my liver to shrink as much as possible. I'm going to weigh myself tomorrow to see how much I've lost, I hope its a decent loss. Only 2 more weeks to go :)
Hi, was trying to reply yday but site down. Im sitting waiting on sainsburys order for all my start diet shopping lol. Going to start early to lose some timber & help the liver. Thats great you are finding it not too hard. 2 weeks fly by, and then the proper losses with hopefully come.

Hope you're both doing ok on the pre op diet. @CYguy not long now til your op! I'm now 17 days post op and it's going well. Bit less energy in the purée stage as less fuel going in so adding a protein shake back in today but other than that all ok.

Hope you're both doing ok on the pre op diet. @CYguy not long now til your op! I'm now 17 days post op and it's going well. Bit less energy in the purée stage as less fuel going in so adding a protein shake back in today but other than that all ok.
Thats great news. Hows the post surgery pain?i started this morning. 1 weetabix for brekky dear god lol

Post op pain wasn't a problem at all. I had pain killers for the first 2 days then didn't need them but had 24hrs worth one day last week as I overdid it. I still have a slight tugging feeling under the largest incision but it isn't a problem and isn't pain as such. Bit like a pulled muscle I guess. It's still early days and because I feel ok I have to stop myself doing things I wouldn't think twice - like getting the xmas decs down from the loft or changing a light bulb. Considering its major surgery I'm surprised how well I'm recovering so far.

Post op pain wasn't a problem at all. I had pain killers for the first 2 days then didn't need them but had 24hrs worth one day last week as I overdid it. I still have a slight tugging feeling under the largest incision but it isn't a problem and isn't pain as such. Bit like a pulled muscle I guess. It's still early days and because I feel ok I have to stop myself doing things I wouldn't think twice - like getting the xmas decs down from the loft or changing a light bulb. Considering its major surgery I'm surprised how well I'm recovering so far.
Thats great news. Did you get dissolvable stitches or have you to get them removed?

@JOHNG79 dissolvable internal stitches with glue externally.

How we all getting on guys. Day 3 of lsd. Not too bad for me so far, some hunger, & feel like constantly passing water lol. Just waiting on letter from the alex to confirm everything. Grrr hate waiting

Lots of peeing is good ! Means your in the ketones stage and your liver is shrinking .. do you also have that metal , penny , taste in your mouth ?
Keep up the good work , your winning !

Lots of peeing is good ! Means your in the ketones stage and your liver is shrinking .. do you also have that metal , penny , taste in your mouth ?
Keep up the good work , your winning !
Do you mean the stinking taste that makes me feel like i should have exclusion order incase i breathe on someone lol. Yep.

How are you getting on?

Yep that's the death breath ! It's vile but a good sign ..
I'm doing brilliantly .. almost 7st down and feeling so good :)

Hope you're both getting on well with the LRD.

Hope you're both getting on well with the LRD.
Hi,

Yeah not too bad actually. Not as difficult as i was expecting tbh. Death breathe feeling, but feel quite well surprisingly. Still just waiting on the alex letter now lol. Sooner that comes, sooner i reply & then get pre op info incase i need to book earlier flights

Hopefully not much longer to wait @JOHNG79
I found the LRD straightforward and a relief in some ways not thinking about food. It definitely made adjusting post op easier too. Good luck :)

Hopefully not much longer to wait @JOHNG79
I found the LRD straightforward and a relief in some ways not thinking about food. It definitely made adjusting post op easier too. Good luck :)
Thanks so much. Eating without drinking is quite strange but the diet actually isnt too bad if im honest. How are you?

Have you had your info from the Alex yet @JOHNG79?

Nope not a thing. Wife been trying to get through to claire today for her alex contact info, but cant get through.

Nightmare

How strange - mine was seamless really.
So do you have a date for your op? (Sorry can't remember)

Nope not a thing. Wife been trying to get through to claire today for her alex contact info, but cant get through.

Nightmare
Wife got through. Hold up is they wont send letter out until hdu charge is on letter, and all 4 people who would know it are off sick.

Handy that

Back