• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

BMI 62, can I not get gastric bypass in uk!!

evening guys. Typing here from manchester with a peppermint tea at side of bed. Out yesterday so was glad to get some snooze last night. Bit soreish but still unsure if thats cos of the internal replumbing or the bloody trapped wind.

How are we all?

Good to hear from you @JOHNG79. Being sore is normal! You will be for a week or so - well I was anyway.

Fantastic you're all done - you can look forward to a happier healthier future now. Take it easy and sip sip sip these early days / weeks.
Have you seen Mr Li post op?

Good to hear from you @JOHNG79. Being sore is normal! You will be for a week or so - well I was anyway.

Fantastic you're all done - you can look forward to a happier healthier future now. Take it easy and sip sip sip these early days / weeks.
Have you seen Mr Li post op?
Spoke to him in recovery, just remember him saying beautiful liver & that id got my bypass.

As sleeve was always the decision if he could not do bypass once inside. He rang yday to make sure all ok, and to make sure i was happy to be discharged. I was delighted to. Ps how good was the soup & yazoo lol. Taste sensation

Ha ha yep the yazoo was fab!!! Get used to those protein shakes for a couple of weeks.

Ha ha yep the yazoo was fab!!! Get used to those protein shakes for a couple of weeks.
How long does it take for the glue to disappear? Makes me nervous, keep checking it lol.
How long after op were you still doing the wee ball inflation thing to avoid chest infection?

How long does it take for the glue to disappear? Makes me nervous, keep checking it lol.
How long after op were you still doing the wee ball inflation thing to avoid chest infection?
My glue was there until it healed over. It's strong stuff :D

Mine glue was there a while and fell off in bits

How are you feeling @JOHNG79?
Not too bad in fairness. Slight chest infection but got antibiotics. Learned harsh lessons on couple of occasions with too strong NAS squash, and also tried using calpol sugar free for headache. Each time too sweet, and not long after i needed to dash (TMI) lol. Still bit nervous about pureed next wednesday. Ps any idea of a tinned clear soup? Bored of bovril, and the online consomme iv found has sherry in it grrr

Hows u?

To be honest with you @JOHNG79 i didn't really find any. What I did was take half a tin of something like Heinz big soup (loads of protein) and blend in the nutri bullet with water to make it like a thin liquid. As the weeks went on I adjusted the consistency.
I think you're more prone to dumping aren't you with a by-pass.
I'm good thanks. Weight loss is much slower now but my shape is changing daily and I exercise almost everyday now. Crazy but I really enjoy it!
I went to the support group at the Alex last night but you won't be coming to those will you as you aren't in the area?

To be honest with you @JOHNG79 i didn't really find any. What I did was take half a tin of something like Heinz big soup (loads of protein) and blend in the nutri bullet with water to make it like a thin liquid. As the weeks went on I adjusted the consistency.
I think you're more prone to dumping aren't you with a by-pass.
I'm good thanks. Weight loss is much slower now but my shape is changing daily and I exercise almost everyday now. Crazy but I really enjoy it!
I went to the support group at the Alex last night but you won't be coming to those will you as you aren't in the area?
Yeah i will probably only fly in for 1/2 reviews, rest will be by phone. Well i weighed myself 2 days before op and had lost 3st7, and 5 days after it i was 4 stone 2. Still miles to go, but have started to walk each day so thats a start

That is brilliant! Well done. I just log my weight once per week but to be fair I do jump on the scales each day - it's a bit of an obsession!

How are we all. Just my little update, weighed today. 4lb less than last monday, but bit disappointed.
Am i overthinking it??

Started puree last wednesday and am 3 wks post op this wednesday.

Honestly @JOHNG79 i overthink this whole thing on a daily basis! But things do fluctuate as you move through each stage. 4lb off forever!!!!

4lbs is great! What is it you're overthinking?
I'm ok. Stalling at the mo with just a stone left to go. I'm not weighing in this weekend as we are away so hopefully a break from the scales and a change of pace will help get things moving again. Sounds like you're doing great x

4lbs is great! What is it you're overthinking?
I'm ok. Stalling at the mo with just a stone left to go. I'm not weighing in this weekend as we are away so hopefully a break from the scales and a change of pace will help get things moving again. Sounds like you're doing great x
Tbh im actually annoying myself how much im overthinking things lol

Back