• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bumpy few months ahead.....literally

Happy, happy news! I'm really pleased for you- and don't think you look 40 btw !
Get plenty of rest whilst you can lol !
xxx

Last edited:
Only just ready this but so overjoyed for you! Got a little tear in my eye.
Hope all goes well with telling the family and 40 is certainly not old these days....my mum had her first at 16 and last at 47! My little sis was a big shock but she has kept my parents acting and looking about 20 years younger....so theres an added bonus! Haha xxxxx

sararob23 said:
Only just ready this but so overjoyed for you! Got a little tear in my eye.
Hope all goes well with telling the family and 40 is certainly not old these days....my mum had her first at 16 and last at 47! My little sis was a big shock but she has kept my parents acting and looking about 20 years younger....so theres an added bonus! Haha xxxxx

Ah thanks hun, nice to know 40 isn't old, as I'm prob fitter n younger now than I've ever been (just have to hide my ID which proves otherwise) :) 47! Wow that's brave! but good on them! At least I have 2 daughters as free babysitters lol :) as for my mum I know she'll be chuffed once she's digested it...!most people will go into shock as I'm no maternal mumsy mum lol :D ah well I've 5weeks to work on the announcement speech :D xx

yawn...yawn...yawn...that's all I'm good for at mo! Lol. Annual review tomorrow with wls group. Guess I won't be getting notched up now? Even tho I could do with a tiny tweak! It'll be first time I've gone and put on 3lbs! Damn u bump lol :)

JO28172 said:
yawn...yawn...yawn...that's all I'm good for at mo! Lol. Annual review tomorrow with wls group. Guess I won't be getting notched up now? Even tho I could do with a tiny tweak! It'll be first time I've gone and put on 3lbs! Damn u bump lol :)

Ah but 3lbs of a lil baba awww it's lovely xxx

kellsbells said:
Ah but 3lbs of a lil baba awww it's lovely xxx

Can't use that as excuse this time around lol! Oh gawd I remember with my daughter, cakes, sausages rolls, you name it! No wonder I ended up like I did! Bet in those days I was lucky to make 1 of my 5 a day! Oh how things change :)
Mind you could kill for a big fat shortbread :D

Ahh the little bump needs its nutrition as well as you do. 2.5 lbs of gain through healthy food ... i am sure and the rest wee treats :rolleyes: you will have all the time in the world once you have had the baby to lose the bump ... You will be like one of those celebrity yummy mummies who is back to normal again a few weeks after the birth! Relax, look after yourselves and enjoy these next few months xxx

Firstly many congrats Jo, on both your baby bump news and December wedding -- mega exciting !! :D :D :D

(Secondly soz I missed this thread 5 days ago as I am not online that often recently.)

Guess I won't be getting notched up now? Even tho I could do with a tiny tweak!

Will you be getting your band relaxed or defilled as your pregnancy progresses, or leave it where it is?

I am just curious as to how banders handle pregnancy, especially if they currently have tight restriction and very small pouches.

I realise for any bypassers or sleevers who get preggers post op, they simply have to cope with their pouch / sleeve the size it is the best they can (might lead to 5 or 6 small meals a day if insufficient nutrition can be consumed within 3 meals) ...... but am curious to know whether banders cope with pregnancy any differently?

Ah thanks ladies....see what they say today, to fill or not to fill...that is the question.. :D

Well hosp are pleased with me (and my news) so for anyone curious what will happen now with band/pregnancy:
They want to see me monthly if possible to monitor weight etc
No fills from now on
No defills yet either but to expect a bit out maybe in 2nd trimester and as my girls before we're c section, they want to defill me to about 1ml month prior to birth! Then top back up after!
So weird how we can inflate and deflate to suit!!! Should just get back to normal in time for my aftercare package ending next oct!

Oh I wish I could have a fill, far too much food being put away :(

Wonderful news Jo! Big congrats to you and your other half!!! :) xxx

had a funny turn today, got the shakes and went light headed for a good half hr, friend who is diabetic checked my blood sugar levels but at 6.4 said I was in range and fine...all very odd...baby making its presence felt...wonder how much longer the secret can stay safe :)

Get you bp checked him had a similar funny turn and it was my bp. My bp occasionally still drops low. They don't know why and aren't too worried but as you are with bump it's worth getting checked.

Back