• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Calling all wrappers

mumtotwo

Hi
I am new to the forum and I am considering a gastric wrap all info guidance advice help direction prayers words of warning wisdom welcome

Thanks

Hiya

I had a gastric wrap on 11th May and have since lost 5st 8 lbs. I haven't had any ill effects at all from the surgery although i know i am very lucky cos some people do. I have gone from a UK dress size 24 down to a 16 in less than 6 months. If there is any other information you would like please ask me.

Kirsty

Hi Guys

I am also a newie that has been lurking for months in the background and I am also considering a wrap. Originally I was looking at having the sleeve done, but now think the wrap seems a very good option..... only problem is that you have to go abroad to have it done.

Mummy to 4, where did you go and was the whole experience a good one??? Judging by your amazing weight loss, you would reccomend it?????

Let us know

Thanks

A

Hi guys, i was wrapped with Cosmetic Bliss on October 11th. One month in and 2 stones lost since op. On top of the 3 stone on the pre-op im doing well lol. Would recommend the wrap as its less invasive than other procedures. Not had any problems so far :). The after-op learning is much easier for the wrap as well, after a month im off liquids and almost onto solids.

Hi Gaz

Well done with your great weight loss. I have read so many good reports about Cosmetic Bliss, in fact I haven't read one bad one!! I think one of my main concerns is travelling alone after surgery. Was it not a problem at all?? Think I just need a bit of reassurance before I take the plunge and get in touch with them..... I am not the bravest of people at the best of times!!

With CB you travel over with other people. You get an email about a week before you go with the names and phone numbers of those going with you. We all met up at Stansted and travelled over and back together, so your never alone. Michael and Deborah, who run CB, are a fantastic couple and really look after you from start to finish. They meet you at the airport and take you to the hotel and Deborah is in the hospital with you every day after that. She gets you up after the op and gets you moving about to prepare for the flight back.Cannot fault anything with them at all and Dr Cierny is fantastic as well, really explains everything you need to know and answers any questions you might have. All in all a great experience with them. :)

Hi Cheshire Cat, like you i didnt like the thought of travelling alone or without a family member so decided to go with Mediczech for my gastric wrap as they allow you to bring a companion. I am booked in for January 16th and cant wait!!!

Good luck with Mediczech Shana, i have a quote from them for a wrap so i'll be very interested to hear how you get on! Any chance we can keep in touch? Maybe on FB? Pm me if you like :)

Hi Becky

Thanks, and yeah i am more than happy to keep in touch as not many wrappers on here.

Havent quite worked out how to send pm's yet, dont think ive done enough posts but my name on fb is Shana so feel free to add me!

Last edited:
Good Luck Shana and well done for booking your date. I will so interested to hear the build up to the big day! Please keep us posted on what is going on. I need to get Christmas out of the way and get more husband a job and then I will be booking.... not sure when or what or where, but the time has come to get it sorted!!

x

Thanks cheshire cat! I have exactly seven weeks to go so will keep u update on my journey. I have been trying to eat healthily to prepare myself for after my op but i find i am eating really badly, i start thinking that i should have all my favorite foods now while i can and pig out instead, not good!!! Having xmas coming up doesnt help, luckily i have a few weeks after xmas to cut back, i dont have to do a specific pre op diet but i am going to anyway as think it can only be of benefit

I went with Bodies Beautiful direct and i took my Mum with me, i would certainly recommend the wrap and Bodies Beautiful they arranged everything for me including taxi's for my Mum to and from the hospital to visit me everyday. Good luck xx

Hi mummyto4 think bodies beautiful use the same clinic as mediczech as i am also having dr fried as my surgeon. How are u finding the wrap?

Hi mummyto4 think bodies beautiful use the same clinic as mediczech as i am also having dr fried as my surgeon. How are u finding the wrap?

Hi Shana, im having my wrap this monday also in prague with bodies beautiful, just a bit worried tho cos i was told to diet/fast from tomorrow on not a diet like others on this site have been told?

Hi Polly

I wasnt given a diet either, i havent even been told to fast. I queried it and they told me no diet required so up to me, i have just been eating healthy the past 2 weeks to help reduce my liver but very hard when i know im not forced to.

Who is your surgeon? Do u go on sat or sub?

Im flying from dublin sunday and i have to be in clinic at 7am mon morn.... mmmm my surgeon is Dr Fried i think but to be honest i never asked..... what about u?

Yes same as me i have to be at the clinic at 7am too so will see u there :)

I am already in prague staying in one of the clinics aptmts, thought id fit some sightseeing in before hand lol

Are u staying in the apartments?

Back