• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Countdown to Balloon Launch

Thank you Chillie :).. Lost 8stone in total 4 &1/2 of those were with the balloon x

Good luck for today. Just saw the pictures over in your diary. Fabulous xx

Thanks Sue ... Heading out now to appointment now. Going to try and make a day of it today since hubby got the day off.. Some therapeutic shopping I think is in order :). Good or bad i wIll give a quick update from my phone to keep you all posted.

Good luck hon. Just had mine :)

OMG OMFG I GOT MY FUNDING!!!

Balloon out next week and bypass the 15 August!!! Pre op diet in between... Omg I need to sit down to it all in followed by a shopping spree ...gulp

:talk017::party0019::party0049:

I'm dancing around my living room - literally (thank heavens I'm at home and not checking this on my phone!)

I am very very very very VERY thrilled for you xx

YAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!! Big hug Frankie! So happy for you! 15th of August, wow that is soon! How exciting!

I just have to add some celebratory news myself - I just weighed myself for the first time since my initial appointment 5 1/2 weeks ago (was told to lose some weight before balloon insertion to show I was motivated) and IF my new scales are accurate and compatible with the ones at the hospital I have lost 12.5kgs. That's 27 lbs for those who don't do kgs :)

Phew!

I just have to add some celebratory news myself - I just weighed myself for the first time since my initial appointment 5 1/2 weeks ago (was told to lose some weight before balloon insertion to show I was motivated) and IF my new scales are accurate and compatible with the ones at the hospital I have lost 12.5kgs. That's 27 lbs for those who don't do kgs :)

Phew!

Wow, well done ! SO much good news floating about here today :)

Thanks LL :) Yes, a great day indeed. I'm so happy for Frankie, she has worked so hard and really deserves this. Then stepping on the scales to see my own loss was a very nice bonus. Hoping the numbers will keep going down once I get the balloon next week.

Congratulations to frankie and till!!!! Well done!!! And of course everyone else who is on this road to change!!

Can you believe it Carol and Frankie the tomorrow is my fasting day and I travel to Manchester for the balloon on Saturday at 9am!!

Can honestly say I'm terrified!!!!! Not sure why I'm more terrified, the more I worry about it! I've not slept for about a week!! Back in England and its very strange.
I want to tell my best friend, but I'm A bit scared of their reactions. Maybe I should...

What are your thoughts?? X

Congratulations femfrankie, am so pleased for you .. Whoop whoop xx

Congratulations to frankie and till!!!! Well done!!! And of course everyone else who is on this road to change!!

Can you believe it Carol and Frankie the tomorrow is my fasting day and I travel to Manchester for the balloon on Saturday at 9am!!

Can honestly say I'm terrified!!!!! Not sure why I'm more terrified, the more I worry about it! I've not slept for about a week!! Back in England and its very strange.
I want to tell my best friend, but I'm A bit scared of their reactions. Maybe I should...

What are your thoughts?? X

I'm starting to get really nervous too... I have a real issue with hospital environments so I'm definitely not looking forward to the procedure or having to spend the night there.

But we need to try and turn that nervous energy into excitement instead. We both know we want to do this, so while the procedure may not be pleasant it is just something we have to go through.

In terms of telling people, I am myself an extremely private person and there is only really one person in the world (my best friend) whom I tell everything, so she is the only person who knows. It does help having someone you can confide in and I can honestly say I would probably not even have managed to go through with the first appointment with my consultant if it wasn't for her. She lives abroad so is not physically here but more or less mentally held my hand through it all.

Thank you all so much everyone it really hasn't sunk in yet. My cheeky surgeon told me that the funders wanted me to lose yet another 4st .... And I bloody believed him!! Then I had a little bubble when told that the funding was in place. The months of stress lifted right off me but was quickly replaced with that "oh c**p this is it" feeling.

Yve you have been so supportive and understanding over the past 6 months. I can not thank you enough. You are such a brilliant lovely lady :)

Sue the vision of you dancing round the living room had me tittering for hours.. Thank you too hun :)

Tilli congrats on that massive loss that is so brilliant. I know you are like me with medical procedures but you will be fine hun and you will be in my thoughts on the big day. You may well break my record :) .. I really truly hope you do x

Treacles thank you too & good luck for Saturday. You will be just fine hun any procedure is scary ..it's the unknown that scares us. We all feel like that on the big day and your team will recognise this and will take good care of you ;)

Nickynoodles your support when I started this balloon journey was brilliant thanks for all the advice you gave me at the start... There was not a lot of info out there at the start. Thank you for sharing your experiance.

Yve you have been so supportive and understanding over the past 6 months. I can not thank you enough. You are such a brilliant lovely lady :)

Its safe to say the support has gone both ways hon :) Thank you for the lovely words :)

Tomorrow is the big day that i found out if this has all been worth it and if i will go on to have the bypass. So here are a few before & after pics :).. Wish me luck for tomorrow folks x

Before

Next 3 are me where taken yesterday as I have reached the halfway point in my loss.

Ah femfrankie!!! Well done! That's a fantastic achievement! You look so well.
Congrats to you!
Can't wait to hear how u get on
Xx

carol b :)

Thank you all so much everyone it really hasn't sunk in yet. My cheeky surgeon told me that the funders wanted me to lose yet another 4st .... And I bloody believed him!!

:8855: What a sod !!!

He is too lol I fell for it hook line and sinker hahaha

Balloon out next week and bypass the 15 August!!! Pre op diet in between... Omg I need to sit down to it all in followed by a shopping spree ...gulp

:talk017::party0019::party0049:

Bit slow here lol
Well done!!! Fantastic job!
Hope ur over the moon Hun!!!

carol b :)

Back