• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

countdown to my tummy tuck

Sian744

2 weeks from today and am so so nervous now :sigh:- reminds me of the excitement and nerves i had when i was about to have a c-section.....

Can't beleive it's come around so quickly now..... not sure what time i have to go in as yet...... no turning back now....not that i want to lol

arrggghhhhhhh :cool:

Sian xx

awww thanks hunny.....glad you made it across here....welcome to minimins :talk017::welcome:

yes it has come around quick.....seems like yesterday i was thinking about having this done.

Sian xx

Hi there.

Sorry but I don't know the details of your tummy tuck situation. I really need one and have been recommended by my GP. I had an accident recently and had to cancel my original hospital appointment - the new one is March 7th.

Have you been granted NHS funding, or are you going private? Right now private is impossible for me. My ghastly tummy, thighs and bottom have already cost me a man I love. Don't think him shallow! If he looked like I do below the waist I reckon I'd have had second thoughts about him. I'm not shallow, either, I am just body-conscious and I HATE fat!

Good luck to you. Having the op is a brave decision. Should I be awarded funding, I will take it. I'm scared, sure, but I want a body that in some way resembles the one I had before I became morbidly obese.

Hi there.

Sorry but I don't know the details of your tummy tuck situation. I really need one and have been recommended by my GP. I had an accident recently and had to cancel my original hospital appointment - the new one is March 7th.

Have you been granted NHS funding, or are you going private? Right now private is impossible for me. My ghastly tummy, thighs and bottom have already cost me a man I love. Don't think him shallow! If he looked like I do below the waist I reckon I'd have had second thoughts about him. I'm not shallow, either, I am just body-conscious and I HATE fat!

Good luck to you. Having the op is a brave decision. Should I be awarded funding, I will take it. I'm scared, sure, but I want a body that in some way resembles the one I had before I became morbidly obese.

hiya Girlygirl

basically in short my story is.....

yo-yo dieted for yrs...was told i could have tummy tuck on NHS if i got down to a goal weight..... broke leg and put it all back on PLUS more....

more recently started CD and got refered to hospital at last only to be told that there is no funding available and that it can't be done on NHS after all..... to say i was gutted is an understatement....

oh agreed to pay after much begging and seeing how unhappy i am- have been for years

i cover up- hate my body esp my tummy- clothes never look right :cry:and even though i have lost weight i still see a fat person looking back at me :sigh:

Sian xx

Hi again.

I know what you mean about the 'fat person'. I still feel like that.

Getting funding is so, so difficult. I know of people who have been granted it. I think it probably depends on where you live in the UK. Isn't that truly sad?

If I don't get the funding I will have to find an alternative route. That won't be easy! It might prove impossible. I hope not.

I'm not at goal but I'm not that far from it. My belly etc is just nasty. Two large babies, delicate skin, middle age, huge weight gains, losses, gains, losses... They all conspire to leave their mark.

But I know that I won't like my goal weight body. Yeah it will be a VAST improvement on 20st 7lbs - my top weight, tho' thankfully not for long - but it won't be 'right', you know? That is the problem.

Please keep everyone posted on how things go with you. My CDC says she has a few clients who had TT's recently and are delighted with the results. My worry - apart from death/disfigurement - is the scar. I must add that I personally do not believe that ANY cream or oil you rub in could make the slightest difference to my belly apron. Not the slightest!

thankyou for replying GG

omg someone else who is on my wavelength..... i don't think people understand that although losing weight is a fab thing it doesn't change how you look at yourself in the mirror.....

i have had 3 kids... all 3 were c-sections and at my heaviest was 15stones 10 and am only 5'2 so it's taken a BIG toll on my body...... :cry:

wanted to wish you lots of luck with you and your search for funding.....it's not easy- i know 1 girl who had to go back yr after yr (for 5 yrs!!!!!) til the dr's agreed to do her TT on ther NHS.

I didn't have the energy for that... esp with the attitude of my GP who told me just told me just to lose weight and everything would be ok :mad:

as for goals....i am just above goal by about 8lbs but even that isn't the lightest i could aim for..... i just wanted to be the size i was before i had kids IYKWIM. x

I know the scar with a TT is bad- it does fade but is till visible but i really hate hate my overhanging belly and nothing will remove it apart from surgery.

Sian xx

I totally understand!

The overhang is gross.

When others say - being kind - that it really does not matter, I think, IT DOES. It does to me, and to my situation. I was once a very sexy woman. Now? Don't ask...

My lower regions need help. Pure and simple! I would not like to wait for five years. It is regarded as a cosmetic and therefore low-priority op. To people like us it means so much more. They just don't know.

XX

HUGS :grouphugg:

we will get there even if it means going another route x

Sian xx

Hi again.

When you said 'agreed to pay after much begging...' etc, do you mean that the NHS agreed to fund your op, or that YOU agreed to pay?

If you are paying, how much is it going to cost?

A lot, I'll bet!

xx

Heya GG :wavey:

how are you today?

the op is being paid for privately....not by the NHS.... met with such a brick wall and bad attitude from my GP and hospital i decided to go this route...... couldnt cope with return visits for yrs and constant begging.

Sian xx

ps sorry forgot to add i was orig quoted £6.7k to have a full tummy tuck with Lipo but i got them down to £5.4k....as they alo have a training school which i wasn't interested in but was lower priced so they reduced it.

Sian xx

Hi Sian!

Wow that's a lot of money but from what I've read seems to be more or less average for a TT.

I don't want to wait years... There HAS to be another way - lol.

You must be getting very excited now. And a bit scared! But I've seen 'after' stories on tv and those lovely flat tums, smoother hips and inner thighs seem to make it all worthwhile.

Let us know when it's about to happen. You'll get support and healing vibes, all the way!

Back