• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Day 8 feeling very sick

I have my pre op tomorrow , today at work someone asked me if I had lost weight ,I'm 6 days into LSD,my scales say I have lost , I was 19 .1 stone they are now saying 18,4 stone , been really tough,
I've been having a strange feeling in my stomach the last few days ,not hungry ,but a empty feeling it guess,?

Thanks!! I'm doing it for 2 weeks so I shouldn't complain!! I've got a constant headache today and have had a dodgey tummy!! ? I didn't think about herbal teas I shall have a look in tesco later xx Becky x
hi Becky did you get some herbal teas . I find like peppermint, blackcurrant or berries, rose hip , lemon and ginger (good for wind) and dandelion and burdock . The really taje the edge of the hunger pangs for a bit any how! Hope its getting easier. Head hunger is a terrible thing! Best wishes with preparation of your family tea tonight.

Hi

I've got some peppermint tea already I bought it to help with the wind after the op so I'm gonna try that!

I've got some sugar free jellies which are quite nice! I've been drinking a lot more today which is helping a bit!

I feel really quite down at the moment which my husband doesn't seen to understand but I'm changing my entire life so it's quite a decision!!

Men are a bit useless!!!

Xx

I'm now on day 3 of the LSD and went for the slim fast option!

It has been a rough 72 hours but I'm feeling a bit better today not sure if I'm gonna switch to the good option next week or not I am missing good but at least with slim fast it's very easy and I can't go wrong!!!!

Becky x

I am starting my pre op diet tomorrow a few days early just to make sure my liver is the best it could be. I wasn't given a choice was told that the hospital where I am having my op uses the milk diet unless you are allergic to milk.

So I will be getting used to 4pt of s/skimmed milk, a drink made with a oxo cube and a sachet of sugar free jelly, and at least another litre of fluid, I don't drink tea or coffee so its going to e no added sugar squash for me,

Hi,

I'm having the jelly as well but not the oxo cube.

I started a bit early as well just to make sure id given it my best shot!

Best of luck x

hi

So what does your pre op diet include becky2123?

I have made a couple of days jellies as I am at work most of the time betweem now and when I have my op

I've been on mine since Monday I'm having the sleeve, mine is just to cut out anything with sugar it's been pretty easy.

Day 4 of slim fast

Hi

I'm now on day 4 of my LSD and it definitely has got easier!! I've had 3 shakes today and I can't really manage a fourth!

I opened a sugar free jelly and put half back in the fridge coz I just didn't fancy it!

Now that's a first for me putting something back in the fridge!!!!

4 days down and 11 to go!!!!

Becky x

Day seven of LSD for me, didn't really want to cook dinner wad t hungry , but had to for the rest of the family,
Dinner was runner beans,yellow beans, salmon, yellow curried courgettes and small jacket spud,

I'd kill for that right now!!

Mt husbands just got in from work and I can smell bacon wafting up the stairs!!!

Not very helpful!!!!!

Hi I'm now on day 4 of my LSD and it definitely has got easier!! I've had 3 shakes today and I can't really manage a fourth! I opened a sugar free jelly and put half back in the fridge coz I just didn't fancy it! Now that's a first for me putting something back in the fridge!!!! 4 days down and 11 to go!!!! Becky x
Hi Becky , hope your not feeling still low. Im so glad it has got easier with the LSD . I said people have said it gets easier around the 4/5 day mark! Wow you are doing very well with rejecting food when you are full. It gives me hope for when i start my LSD that it does get easier. Keep going not long now.

Thank you!!

I didn't believe people when they said it gets easier but it really has!!

A few times I've nearly forgotten and almost eaten! It's strange breaking the habit of a life time!!

Good luck with your LSD!

When's your surgery?? X

Thank you!! I didn't believe people when they said it gets easier but it really has!! A few times I've nearly forgotten and almost eaten! It's strange breaking the habit of a life time!! Good luck with your LSD! When's your surgery?? X
i bet its hard I have so many bad habits where food is concerned. I really need to get a grip! My surgery all being well is November 27th. I have two stone to lose so im trying to start now. However im good up till lunch time then it all goes crazy like "quick grab what you can and stuff into your mouth" . Im going to start again tomorrow this behaviour has happened every day for the last two weeks. So i know im going to find the LSD very very very hard. So i agree breaking these habits are difficult. Got to go back to basics from what i learnt in weight management. Oh hell!

I thought I would find it hard but after the first two days it's a lot easier!

I took the kids out for dinner last night which wasn't great but I didn't steal anything from them! X

I am on day 2 of the milk diet, and so far so good. I have not felt hungry at all, and thats been two days at work with all the rubbish around. I have not long been in from work and dad says to me there's some cheese in the fridge just incase you want to make your self a sandwhich, he had totally forgotten i was on the milk diet and was really sorry for forgetting.

I have got my self into a bit of a routine, I have a large glass of milk before I leave for work, then for breakfast I have another glass, then lunch is the oxo drink and jelly for afters, then more milk mid afternoon and then what ever is left i have about 7pm and through out the day I have at least 2.5 lt of water and also nas squash aswell.

I am starting to feel tired towards the end of my shifts at work, am hoping this will improve

I am on day 2 of the milk diet, and so far so good. I have not felt hungry at all, and thats been two days at work with all the rubbish around. I have not long been in from work and dad says to me there's some cheese in the fridge just incase you want to make your self a sandwhich, he had totally forgotten i was on the milk diet and was really sorry for forgetting. I have got my self into a bit of a routine, I have a large glass of milk before I leave for work, then for breakfast I have another glass, then lunch is the oxo drink and jelly for afters, then more milk mid afternoon and then what ever is left i have about 7pm and through out the day I have at least 2.5 lt of water and also nas squash aswell. I am starting to feel tired towards the end of my shifts at work, am hoping this will improve
Yes after day four you will feel better, sweetie,
I'm on day eight , but on the food option.

Hi all.. Was just wondering.. How long after your pre surgical assessment did your hosp ask u to start LSD..
As I been doing Adkins and on day 5 now and feeling better as got carbs out my system and hopefully will lose a bit before surgery.... But my assessment is next Tuesday... Was now thinking to stay as much as I can on Adkins so don't struggle to much with LSD.. Any thoughts...

Back