• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Diary of cheryls gastric band. Mon 20th october,dolan park

thanks olivia,that is reassuring . no its not pain its just as you describe. now that i am not feeling as ill, all i can think about is food. i should of had a brain transplant while i was in.

what about weight loss? i am same weight that i was when i went in on day of surgery. its disheartening. especially when i am barely eating. ( drinking ). i think next week will be hard. i said i would get paul to hide scales but didnt. think i will tomorrow.

this is my 9th day without going to toilet. is this normal? i have started taking benefibre. i have taken 2 sachets a day for 2 days.
and i keep getting headaches.. how about you?

Because you had gone 7 days before you started on the benefibre you might need a little boost to get going. Senokot do a high fibre liquid laxative that you can buy over the counter, or you can get glycerine suppositories from a chemist.

dont worry cheryl iwas the same i lost weight pre op and week later and hardly anything after that and i was gutted!! but it comes off slowly hun untill we get that correct restriction and thats what we need.. little and staying off
hope that helps emmax

but emma how can we not loose post op when we are not eating?!

thanks for senokot tip. will buy tomorrow.
and dee might keep scales, and do a before and after weigh in.

our body is adjusting and we have alot of swelling and wind early postop..plus we need to go to toilet at least once a day.
emma

Im ok got a little butterfly in me tummy. But Im loads better than I thought Id be. Gonna have a milky coffee and thats it then no more milk, I sure I have started moooing I had that much milk. You've put my mind at rest alot reading your posts. You seem to be strugling more now though than u did the day after op. Hope your sorted by the time im back on here tuesday..

And i'd tell the kids and the hubby to evacuate the house when the moment takes you HE HE

Dee x

i know i need to wise up . its really exciting to know that this weight will come off again and stay off. i had hoped to have all my weight off by february. high hopes. i am hoping to have another stone off by my brothers wedding nov 29th. put it likt this i need to. i bought a dress too small!

i was soo pissed off a few weeks ago as i stated on my threads as i wanted it 2happen as soon as! but i have changed my outlook and have focussed on this journey and started treating it like a lifelong process and not a qickfix diet.. i know exactly how you feel but it does get better much better..trust me cheryl you wont look back
emma

i think its because its the weekend. i always ate lots at weekend. i usually dont cook at weekend either, except for sunday dinner. i think its because i am getting better that i am doing all the questioing of everything.
i am soooooo happy i have done it. my whole attitude has changed. i look at everyone overweight now and cant understand why they dont get gastric band. i am well chuffed with myself, and so will you be.

you have lost alot of weight considering it early days.. how much are you targeting to get too? and how much weight in total do you want to loose?

thanks emma. its nic e to know someone is like me. i think its because in the past i dieted quickly to get weight off so i could start eating again. but like you have said that wont happen again. this is a lifelong thing now. ( although still live in hope that weight wil drop off me).

2 1/2 stone to loose. then that will be me a small 12. cant happen quick enough. i have been like a recluse recently because i put the weight on in the past 2 years.

my confidence was rock bottom because my husband of 18 years had an affair with a ***** who took it up the arse.

Back