• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Dissappointed in the system.

hi..I just thought I would update this post....
Thanks for all your replies...
Anyhow I thought I would let you know that I have just received a letter from my g.p stating that they have put me forward to request funding for surgery!!!
This all has happened because I sent in a very straight talking factual letter regarding my health and weight/diet problems to my g.p.(this was masterfully constructed by a good friend from here...thanks x)
I have been told to wait and ring in a weeks time to see if any decision has been made.(so fingers crossed I will hear good news)
So it has taken so much for me to get to this point.I hope this may help someone else on here.
The moral of this story is...Dont give up!!!
If your g.p is not listening to you write a letter expressing your problems and reminding them to not to neglect there duty of care.
I will let you guys know if i hear anything soon xxx

So pleased to hear you seem to be making some progress Lisa - fingers crossed you get the answer you are hoping for. xx

Thanks Wendy and John...
It feels great to have finally got the g.p to help!
It is now in the lap of the funding people now...
So everything is crossed and I will let you guys know as soon as i hear anything..
Lisa x

I had a similar experience with my gp, she said i didnt fit the criteria and gave me orlistat or said go private!!! joke!! 3 kids, no way i could find the money although i was considering a loan cos i was desperate!! so i went away and tried and tried. 2 years later id really research pct criterea had spent time preparing my arguement to the gp, but saw a different one, he was lovely only needed to say id reached the end of the road mentally and i taken alot of carefull consideration and i wanted refering for weight loss surgery, he said he agreed with my desion and sis the referal there and then!! Still took a year b4 i had it done...its no miracle cure, there is no magic wand, my weight loss is very slow BUT i dont regret having it done, not for 1 minute!!!! xx

Hi Lisa, well i went to my gp for wlsurgery in Novemeber 09 and i was told that they would refer me to the hospital 10 weeks later i had a letter saying that i had to attend a 24 week weight management course before i would be putting on waiting list for surgery now i have found out from being on here that once the course finishe's then my file will go to a team who will decide if i can be put forward or funding its such a long process i am like you if i could afford surgery private i would go for it tomorrow i dont demand surgery at all but it gets me mad when people get it at a drop of a hat but i am going to keep plodding on and hopefully 1 day it will happen, good luck on your journey xx

Back