• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Do the fills hurt?

quetiapina

Bumps along somehow
What are the fills like? I am seeing Consultant at Dolan Park on Wednesday and hope to book surgery soon after. I know it is pointless asking any medical professional as to whether anything hurts as they always say "Some discomfort" (e.g. when I had a womb biopsy with no anaesthetic which was not "moderate" but screaming agony).
Would I be able to drive after a fill? I know it's a long way off but I just want to get as much info as possible - I have found this forum absolutely brilliant. From Jenni:confused:

hi jenni you will be fine, you feel a sharp scratch like any other needle then a slight pressure but apart from that you will be ok, and its fine to drive straight after a fill.

liz x

Hi there, I found that as the needle only had to get through the surface layers, then into the membrane of the port, it did not feel like a usual injection. Once the needle was in, I could not sense it at all.

It's over very quickly and you will be fine to get on with your normal day.

I have one this afternoon at 3.45pm

Some people have them under xray, some blind, each provider/surgeon is different, so if you have any concerns, ask them at your consultation.

Good look with your journey:)

good luck with your fill today caz ! i hope you get the restriction you want.

liz x

Liz
I see on your profile that youve been banded twice
Was the first one removed or do you have two
Im confused
cheers
James

Liz
I see on your profile that youve been banded twice
Was the first one removed or do you have two
Im confused
cheers
James

hi jim my 1st band had a fault after 3.5 years which i must state is a rare thing to happen, i was fully de and rebanded in august during the same op.

liz x

Well I now have 3.75 mils in a 9mil band.

And it was totally painless as before. I stood to have this one, was asked to drink water until it passed through slower than when fully aspirated.

I have a little swelling where the needle was but that happened last time too. It will be gone by tomorrow.

I have managed a bowl of soup and some porridge this evening...bliss to get some food in, hadn't eaten since midday.

Time will tell on the restriction. Also sadly my surgeon is retiring :( So when I go back for my next check up in 6 months I wont be seen by him. Although I wish him all the best.

Hi Q, I had my op at Dolan Park, which surgeon r u seeing. I had Dr Paul Super who I found to b very good. Fills are painless hun, like everyone has said, its just like having a small injection and you can do everything after ( apart from eat lol - fluids for 2 days!! ) I`ve got another fill on Thurs which I`m actually looking forward to - don`t usually say that about having an injection lol. All the best for Wed xxx

Thanks people. I am seeing Dr Sigurdson. Am reassured about fills:)

I agree, the fills dont hurt at all, just a little scratch and thats it.
My Consultant asked me to breathe in and then he just puts the needle in.
I have 7.2ml in a 10ml band and doing ok, Im following the SW plan and eating as much as I can with the restriction and its working for me!

Back