• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Does age matter in wls??

newcy said:
Not at all hun - the nerves are totally understandable! Just try to focus on the light at the end of the tunnel and how amazing you're going to look post-op x

I hope you chastised her severely for that!?! Although I have to say that is one of my biggest fears - that once they let all the air out (ie post-op) I suddenly age 10 years eeekkk! x

Yeah that's wot I'm doing, thanks for all ur support it's great this forum is here or god knows what state id be in!! I'm worried about my apron and bingo wings il have already!! Was wondering if there is cream that will help the skin go back I know il need to train and tone but thought there might be a good cream that could help xxx

Haylz6 said:
Im 23 and had my surgery in July 2011, best thing iv ever did and glad I never put it off, iv always said I'm doing this for me and no1 else so sod what they say....... Most people are happy, the only ppl who have been a little offish is ppl who carry extra weight that I no but it's ur body and ur life xxx

Can I ask wot op u had? Private or NHS? Where? And how much have u lost? Please don't feel u have to answer I'm just nosey!! Most people have been ok with me, to be honest I've only told a few people anyway it's just comments I've heard people say in the past stick in my head. I've heard people twist about it being tax payers money being wasted! Also that they just give it to anybody! About young people shudnt be allowed, older people shouldn't be allowed! All-sorts obversely small minded people xxx

HoPe*87* said:
I think by the sounds of it on here I'm the only one dreading it!! :( I do want the op don't get me wrong but just dreading the pre op diet the surgery and the liquids and soft after surgery, I wish I cud skip all that and just be back to eating normal food but in much much smaller portions :) xxx

Oh god no don't get me wrong I'm bricking it! I'm so scared that I can't do the pre op diet and after the op but I need it to save my life and give me a new one which makes me excited! Just got to think of your goal! Xxx

Sent from my HTC Hero using WLSurgery

Tonibones10 said:
Oh god no don't get me wrong I'm bricking it! I'm so scared that I can't do the pre op diet and after the op but I need it to save my life and give me a new one which makes me excited! Just got to think of your goal! Xxx

I'm just worried about everything - pre op diet, I'm on trying to quit smoking, the anaesthetic, the pain, staying in hospital, time off work, scars, post op diet, something going wrong, the staples inside me forever, saggy skin. I worry far to much :( xxx

HoPe*87* said:
Can I ask wot op u had? Private or NHS? Where? And how much have u lost? Please don't feel u have to answer I'm just nosey!! Most people have been ok with me, to be honest I've only told a few people anyway it's just comments I've heard people say in the past stick in my head. I've heard people twist about it being tax payers money being wasted! Also that they just give it to anybody! About young people shudnt be allowed, older people shouldn't be allowed! All-sorts obversely small minded people xxx

People like that need to get a life! I've had loads of comments like that off an ex best friend! 1 of my other friends said " have you tried anything else to lose weight cos you no there are things like diets" I was like "are you joking? Seriously love are you simple! Yea I've heard of them duh! I've tried everything going if I hadn't they would give me funding so quickly!" I swear some people ...... they drive me mad that's why I don't use Facebook as much now I've found this at least everyone here understands! Xxx

HoPe*87* said:
I'm just worried about everything - pre op diet, I'm on trying to quit smoking, the anaesthetic, the pain, staying in hospital, time off work, scars, post op diet, something going wrong, the staples inside me forever, saggy skin. I worry far to much :( xxx

I keep doing that I keep thinking far too much about things that could go wrong that I start to cry, like I panic when I don't have a letter for an appointment and when I do I panic that when I do al go and they will think I'm just lazy! Then I think about the pre op diet and really start to break down I'm so so scared of the pre op diet its more frightening to me than after the op because before it I have to controll the amounts more Xx

Yeah that's wot I'm doing, thanks for all ur support it's great this forum is here or god knows what state id be in!! I'm worried about my apron and bingo wings il have already!! Was wondering if there is cream that will help the skin go back I know il need to train and tone but thought there might be a good cream that could help xxx

My pleasure hun - I don't know what I'd do without this site as none of my friends know I'm having the op so I'd only have my mum and hubby to talk to if I didn't have you guys.

I'm having a bit of a neurotic day today and can easily slip into worrying about all that stuff too - especially the whole excess skin/ageing! I'm really worried that I'll age over night and need about 4 surgeries to remove the excess skin left post-op. I know you can get skin firming creams but not sure they'll do much for an apron?

However, I'm sure I'll still be happier than I am now and will tackle those problems later but in the mean time I need to focus on the positive x

Tonibones10 said:
I keep doing that I keep thinking far too much about things that could go wrong that I start to cry, like I panic when I don't have a letter for an appointment and when I do I panic that when I do al go and they will think I'm just lazy! Then I think about the pre op diet and really start to break down I'm so so scared of the pre op diet its more frightening to me than after the op because before it I have to controll the amounts more Xx

Yeah that's me to :( then sometimes I think could I do this my self with out surgery as I've been doing weight watchers and have lost weight but I know deep down from previous experience it won't last and il just gain it all back plus more as I always do! With out offending anyone that reads this!! I read some peoples weight and think I'm not as heavy as them do I really need to do this ( I'm 5ft6 and 16.5 ) I was 18 stone when the doc referred me xxx

newcy said:
My pleasure hun - I don't know what I'd do without this site as none of my friends know I'm having the op so I'd only have my mum and hubby to talk to if I didn't have you guys.

I'm having a bit of a neurotic day today and can easily slip into worrying about all that stuff too - especially the whole excess skin/ageing! I'm really worried that I'll age over night and need about 4 surgeries to remove the excess skin left post-op. I know you can get skin firming creams but not sure they'll do much for an apron?

However, I'm sure I'll still be happier than I am now and will tackle those problems later but in the mean time I need to focus on the positive x

Oh I've only told a few friends that I really trust because I get enough abuse off people I dint need more for as they all say "taking the easy way out" this site is vital to me I would know much at all if I hadn't found it! So thank you all yet again I can't thank any of you enough xxx

I'm 26 and glad I've had the band now. I have put on weight over the last 5 years so only the last couple have I felt really gross.
I'm glad I'm nipping it in the bud while I'm still young and can hopefully enjoy the rest of my life. Xxx

HoPe*87* said:
Yeah that's me to :( then sometimes I think could I do this my self with out surgery as I've been doing weight watchers and have lost weight but I know deep down from previous experience it won't last and il just gain it all back plus more as I always do! With out offending anyone that reads this!! I read some peoples weight and think I'm not as heavy as them do I really need to do this ( I'm 5ft6 and 16.5 ) I was 18 stone when the doc referred me xxx

I'm exactly the same though I am a lot heavier than you but that's not going to stop you needing the surgery to help you, I'm the same hight but (embarrassed face) 27.3 weight :'( but I've done ww and every other diet including hypnotherapy! Salsa dancing docs diets docs gym gym on my own .... millions of tablets..... everything! I can't do it anymore I'm dying I'm killing myself it has to stop but without the surgery I'm going to be dead in a few years arnt i? I'm a joke! Xx

Sugar sorry just realised I've just gone off the rails there oopps!! Sorry Xx

newcy said:

I need to think more like u lol!! Focus on the positive Becky!! :) I haven't told many people I'm having the surgery I'm a bit of a loner anyway and prefer to keep it that way lol, I love this site it's amazing hearing everyones stories. Think I'm going to look up any creams that could help if I can prevent it or help it in anyway it wud be great! I'm just hoping coz I'm 24 my skin may go back I doubt it like coz I'm full of stretch marks! :( xxx

Sophie 124 said:
I'm 26 and glad I've had the band now. I have put on weight over the last 5 years so only the last couple have I felt really gross.
I'm glad I'm nipping it in the bud while I'm still young and can hopefully enjoy the rest of my life. Xxx

Pleased ur happy with ur life now! Did u go private? Xxx

Well I wouldn't say I'm happy yet! I was only banded recently and haven't had my first fill yet so not a big weight loss so far.... But hopefully this time next year....
Xx

Tonibones10 said:
I'm exactly the same though I am a lot heavier than you but that's not going to stop you needing the surgery to help you, I'm the same hight but (embarrassed face) 27.3 weight :'( but I've done ww and every other diet including hypnotherapy! Salsa dancing docs diets docs gym gym on my own .... millions of tablets..... everything! I can't do it anymore I'm dying I'm killing myself it has to stop but without the surgery I'm going to be dead in a few years arnt i? I'm a joke! Xx

I haven't tried hypnosis I have tried tablets, every diet imaginable, exercise, gym, Zumba, I even was tempted to try illegal slimming tablets. I'm that desperate!! U won't be dead! Ur getting surgery ur life will be ur own again and not controlled by this demon we all have that is food!! I can't wait to loose weight and not have this bad back :( just watched some you tube videos there really inspiring xxxx

Sophie 124 said:
Well I wouldn't say I'm happy yet! I was only banded recently and haven't had my first fill yet so not a big weight loss so far.... But hopefully this time next year....
Xx

Yeah just think to the future hun, keep us all up to date on how ur getting on xxxx

HoPe*87* said:
I haven't tried hypnosis I have tried tablets, every diet imaginable, exercise, gym, Zumba, I even was tempted to try illegal slimming tablets. I'm that desperate!! U won't be dead! Ur getting surgery ur life will be ur own again and not controlled by this demon we all have that is food!! I can't wait to loose weight and not have this bad back :( just watched some you tube videos there really inspiring xxxx

Hypnotherapy didnt help me but did boost confidance, I did buy illegal tablets :S I can't wait to be free of this demon too Xx

Back