• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Dolan Park 13th September Banded

3rd Week Post

I can't believe how quickly time has gone - its a bit surreal really because other than the small scars on my stomach I wouldn't even know I've got a Band In !!! I've been trying not to weigh myself as much but I went on the scales this morning - the good news I've now broken the 14st mark and now weigh 13 st 13.5 :; that's right I've only lost half a pound since Monday !!

As its week three I was told I could start to eat more firmer food - you would have thought I would be excited - but the truth of the matter is - - it's hard work having to plan everything I put in my mouth !!!

I can relate to what Carree said about the water - I've been drinking a protein water which has 40g of protein but has 160 calories - That didn't matter in the liquid stage because I was struggling to hit my 1000 calories but I realise now I may have been going over :;

I'm really hope the scales start moving soon - at the moment I felt more excited when I was on the pre-op maybe I ought to try it again to start things moving :(

I can't believe it's 3 weeks too, time flies! At the moment you'll prob still be healing and weight loss isn't so important, although what you have achieved so far is impressive to say the least , so you should be proud!!! :) xxx

3rd Week Post

I can't believe how quickly time has gone - its a bit surreal really because other than the small scars on my stomach I wouldn't even know I've got a Band In !!! I've been trying not to weigh myself as much but I went on the scales this morning - the good news I've now broken the 14st mark and now weigh 13 st 13.5 :; that's right I've only lost half a pound since Monday !!

As its week three I was told I could start to eat more firmer food - you would have thought I would be excited - but the truth of the matter is - - it's hard work having to plan everything I put in my mouth !!!

I can relate to what Carree said about the water - I've been drinking a protein water which has 40g of protein but has 160 calories - That didn't matter in the liquid stage because I was struggling to hit my 1000 calories but I realise now I may have been going over :;

I'm really hope the scales start moving soon - at the moment I felt more excited when I was on the pre-op maybe I ought to try it again to start things moving :(

im really pissed off i have lost nothing this week and was thinking of going back on liquids to kick start again... why am i not losing is my body holding all the food as it went with out for 3 weeks..... im getting stressed out!!!!

Carre said:
im really pissed off i have lost nothing this week and was thinking of going back on liquids to kick start again... why am i not losing is my body holding all the food as it went with out for 3 weeks..... im getting stressed out!!!!

Yes Carre your body is in starvation mode it'll settle Hun xx

Hi Sas - I really do appreciate your words of encouragement - Carree and I were only banded a day apart - so it's seems we're going through the same cycle - I think we've got to try and hold our nerve but it is sooooooo frustrating - I'm sure we'll get there x - Love you guys xx

Hi Sas - I really do appreciate your words of encouragement - Carree and I were only banded a day apart - so it's seems we're going through the same cycle - I think we've got to try and hold our nerve but it is sooooooo frustrating - I'm sure we'll get there x - Love you guys xx

Oh Hun it's so disheartening, I'm feeling low, but I know it's still early days plus we have are fill soon xxx

I'm going running on Monday every night for 1 hour well I will start with walking and build myself up. I did do running before when I got down to 13 .9 doing Atkins diet. So this is my plan carry on with my diet, start exercising and prepare for my fill. And if i don't lose at least 1 lb next week I'm going to have to try something completely different !, hope your okay xx?

I'd love to be able to go and run but with my 38GG it's just so painful - My friend has asked me to join a slimming club with her - I'm thinking about doing it but unsure as with my hours it's so hard to get to a meeting. My crafty husband took a picture of me in my undies last month to serve as a reminder as to why Im doing this - so I got him to take another one tonight and I can't see hardly any difference even though on over a stone lighter !! - Ah well - just hope the fill sorts is out xxx

Bet you can feel a difference in your clothes, Thats is also important!!! The scales can show water gain and you'll still have post op swelling too, look back to a month ago you could have gained a stone, but you have lost more which is fantastic. :) it's so hard to lose weight at the rate we want, I expect your body is thinking "what is going on in here" it just needs time to adjust.
I like the idea of joining a slimming club, thinking of doing that after my op, so someone else can keep a track of my loss or shame me into the corner if I gain lol :) be ok hon, just concentrate on healing and see how it goes next week, best of luck xxx

I'd love to be able to go and run but with my 38GG it's just so painful - My friend has asked me to join a slimming club with her - I'm thinking about doing it but unsure as with my hours it's so hard to get to a meeting. My crafty husband took a picture of me in my undies last month to serve as a reminder as to why Im doing this - so I got him to take another one tonight and I can't see hardly any difference even though on over a stone lighter !! - Ah well - just hope the fill sorts is out xxx

Fine, if you can't see any difference, put in front of you a stone of flour or sugar or washing powder or anything you have at home. A stone is approximately 6.3 kilos, so it is over 6 bags of sugar/flour or anything. Look how big it is, feel how heavy it is...and it is out of you now.

Mazza posted a really good thread on here for newbies to reassure us that we shouldn't expect masses of weight loss until the band is filled to the right level. The message I got was that any loss at this early stage is a bonus and down to sheer will-power as the band isn't working for you yet. So try not to get disheartened or worried about it, you're all doing really great!! x

Come on now we both need to pull our selves together it's only been 3 weeks ish, and we have done great so far!!!
It's not till we lose 2-3 stone will you see a big change in pics.. I have been looking at mine and I have lost one of my 3 chins and dropped 1 dress size but my weight has stalled. I'm like you can't wait for a fill never wanted a needle so bad as I hate them..lol xx

What we need to get in our heads is christmas I have set a mini goal of 18 lbs. have you got one??.

I was going to start back at weight watchers but would rather spend the £1200 a year it would cost on my new wardrobe xx

Guys you're absolutely right - I've been wearing baggy clothes for years so haven't experienced the my clothes are getting too big feeling ! - I am a very impatient person and I suppose I want things yesterday !! ALSO having a hard time of it at work at the moment therefore missing lunches and making bad food choices eg coffee with sugar etc. Today is a new day - I'm going to plan my week better - get back to the way I was on my Pre-op in terms of attitude etc and not feeling sorry for my self !!

£5k is a lot of money to spend and not get results - I think it's because I feel absolutely no restriction I went through a phase of why did I do it !!! - but having read other posts I know when I get my fill and start eating solid food it will kick in xx

I've set a target of 2lbs a week from my fill on the 15th -so hoping to lose a stone before xmas

Pre-op Diet:

8am - slimfast whilst driving to work
9am - 500mls water
11am - yoghurt
1pm - Slimfast
5pm - Oxi
7pm - yoghurt
9pm - milky Ciffee

After 10 days my weight went from 15 3.8 to 14 7.4 loss of 10.4 lbs !!!! :)

I've packed my bags remembering to take:

Cotton Pants
Dressing Gown
PJs - should be day case - but just in case !
Toiletries
Dry mouth spray from boots - £2.55
Underwear
IPAD & charger - apparent they have wireless

Got to check in for 7am and at this point I'm second on the list ! - Gone to get ready - wish me luck xxxx

hi dimples
how are you getting on
love to know what happens through you op day and after
i go to DOLAN PARK 14th oct

good luck

kay xxx

CONFESSION TIME

I have not been on here file a long time because put simply I've been feeling low and if Im absolutely honest disappointed at my weight loss since surgery :(

I am now 4 weeks post op and I'm now 14st which means I've only lost 7lbs - I've done a lot better than this by simply following a diet.

REALITY CHRCK - I already know that the band is not a miracle cure but I have been following the portion control rules etc.

I stick to 1000 calories rule very little carbs mainly protein and veg - Have thought about increasing calories but because I have ABSOLUTELY NO RESTRICTION I DON'T TRUST MYSELF!!

GOOD NEWS ! - I had 2ml put in my 10ml band at the time of operation - and Im going back on Sunday for another fill and so I hope it's the start of seeing the benefit of going through this.

For the moderators - I know you might be disappointed at my putting this on but at this point of time this is how I feel - but I still remain optimistic my mood will change. I think it's important that we keep our updates as realistic as possible if its to be if any help to others xxx

Hi dimples. I completely understand how you feel. I have been reading your updates etc since I joined this website for advice and I think your last post is very honest and very beneficial to others. People need to know its not a miracle cure but an extra tool to help. Obviously something isn't going right with you and I suggest you see your dietician as soon as poss. Good luck and chin up. It's a long road. 7lb is better than nothing - and far better than putting more on!!!! Xxx

Dimples, why would we not want you to post Hun, we are here to support you and others considering wls. And it's good to see / hear all views ... Because everyone's experiences are different. We are told its not a quick fix, and its definitely not! Try not to get too disheartened though, it is hard in the early days if following the rules does not appear to working for you, but the losses will come as well as lots of other non-scale victories. It's a lifetime journey, you are maybe just taking the more scenic start to your destination. Good luck with the fill on Sunday and chat through your concerns with your dietician :) xxx

Oh Hun it's a different road we all walk and it's your diary to post how you feel your bady may just still be healing but look how well you've done already and what amazing willpower you have chin up Hun xx

Hi Dimples, I second Julesburns advice. Write down for a week everything you eat (and the amounts) and discuss this with the dietician. There might be something that is stalling your weight loss and you may not be even aware of that.

Also, you still don't have the restriction at this moment so you would have been hungry - is it possible that you are still eating more than you should? I mean, no reason to blame yourself, as you know, not having restriction means that at this moment the band is not helping you to loose weight yet. 2ml in 10 band are very likely not doing that much. Just wait, in a few days it will get easier, as soon as they put in a bit more. You went through the biggest hardship, including the 2 weeks liquid diet, then the mash... easier times are within your reach! :)

Thanks guys for all your support - I've woke up today with a much more positive head on. I think it's because I'm going to have my fill today and Im hoping this will give me the restriction I need.

Back