• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Dolan Park 13th September Banded

Nearly 5 months out I still weigh everyday to be fair it does keep me on track , just make sure u rule the scales and they don't rule u good luck xxx

COMPLETED 2 WEEKS POST OP

Have only lost 7lbs since operation

I have been looking forward to today for what seems like ages (3 weeks is a lifetime on liquids) - its my first day of mushies !!! YAY !! And would you believe I've come on my period - (I've got a coil fitted !!!) and I feel like crap !!!

Not sure why it Hiw I've come on - Im now wondering if my stall in weight loss is from water retention because I do normally put on a couple of lbs at this time !!

Ah we'll I'm off to eat a boiled egg

Have I read this right, 7lb lost in 2wk? If so that's fantastic!

COMPLETED 2 WEEKS POST OP

Have only lost 7lbs since operation

I have been looking forward to today for what seems like ages (3 weeks is a lifetime on liquids) - its my first day of mushies !!! YAY !! And would you believe I've come on my period - (I've got a coil fitted !!!) and I feel like crap !!!

Not sure why it Hiw I've come on - Im now wondering if my stall in weight loss is from water retention because I do normally put on a couple of lbs at this time !!

Ah we'll I'm off to eat a boiled egg

Well done on 7lbs. The op can can cause you to bleed even though you have a coil. It does me. So I reckon next week, so long as you follow the rules, you will have a great loss!!!

Thanx guys - I'm aiming for at least 2 lbs a week - if im honest I thought Id have lost more to begin with and then slow down to the 2 but at least Im losing - I'm having to rely totally on my willpower at the moment but I seem to have my old appetite so it's getting tough. I've got my fill on the 15th and so I hope this will help me out xx

Thanx guys - I'm aiming for at least 2 lbs a week - if im honest I thought Id have lost more to begin with and then slow down to the 2 but at least Im losing - I'm having to rely totally on my willpower at the moment but I seem to have my old appetite so it's getting tough. I've got my fill on the 15th and so I hope this will help me out xx

Look at it from the positive side, this is going to be your first fill, isn't it? That would mean that you lost 7 lbs without having any restriction in your stomach yet. (At least my understanding is that until they fill the band, it is more about willpower rather than feeling full). You are doing great!

Hanako said:
Look at it from the positive side, this is going to be your first fill, isn't it? That would mean that you lost 7 lbs without having any restriction in your stomach yet. (At least my understanding is that until they fill the band, it is more about willpower rather than feeling full). You are doing great!

Thanks Hanako - I needed that xxx

How are you doing now, Dimples? I have my consultation next Thursday. In somehow weird way, I am looking forward to it. It is a first step in making life change for me.

I am wondering how long after the lap band surgery I would be able return to exercise. I mean proper, vigorous exercise.

Hanako said:
How are you doing now, Dimples? I have my consultation next Thursday. In somehow weird way, I am looking forward to it. It is a first step in making life change for me.

I am wondering how long after the lap band surgery I would be able return to exercise. I mean proper, vigorous exercise.

Hi Hun - I'm doing ok - I really need my fill because I am soooo hungry and having to go to bed earlier and earlier so no to start eating solids !!! - As you know I'm just over 2 weeks post op and although the pain is minimal - I think I'm going to wait until I'm on solids before I start exercising so that will make it about a month after band - hope this helps. My consultation was quite quick - I wished I had written my questions down - that said I found most of my answers on this forum - It's brilliant x

Hi Dimples, just been reading your thread and its really informative, gives me an insight of what to expect... thank you!!! You are like me, stand on the scales too often, I weigh myself everday about 5 times around different areas of the bathroom, blame the floorboards for any gain!! :) You should be really proud of your loss hon, it's fantastic in such a short time :) Hope you are feeling ok today, and are finally enjoying the return to food. xxx

I agree with SAS, the diary is a really great way to let us know what to expect. I don't think any doctor can give us those information because very likely the doctor didn't go through it himself/herself... I really enjoy reading your diary, Dimples.

Hi Hun - I'm doing ok - I really need my fill because I am soooo hungry and having to go to bed earlier and earlier so no to start eating solids !!! - As you know I'm just over 2 weeks post op and although the pain is minimal - I think I'm going to wait until I'm on solids before I start exercising so that will make it about a month after band - hope this helps. My consultation was quite quick - I wished I had written my questions down - that said I found most of my answers on this forum - It's brilliant x

Hello Hun I'm feeling that I could eat more as well but stopping myself, looking forward to solid stage for variety .... But my appetite is no where near as bad as before I forget to eat and my only problem when I do is I eat to quick and have to burp a tousand times after.. X can't wait for my fill to x

Thanks Hanako and Sas re your lucky comment re thread - Im glad it's of some use xxx Hi Carree - I'm really having to try and reign my eating in - other than bread - DON'T ASK !! - I haven't felt any restriction at all so Im trying to be extra careful with my protons !! That say this week us the first week I haven't lost anything !!

1st October 14st 1.8lbs - Loss 0

This was my first week on mushies - having to really focus on portions because I feel I could eat a heck more than In allowing myself to. I'm obviously gutted I haven't list anything - was tempted to reduce weight by an ounce just to show a loss !!!!

My fill is not until the 14th or 15th October - so hoping I can get into the 13s by then ?

Don't panic Dimples. If you had surgery just 2 weeks ago, the chances are that you don't have any fill yet, so it is natural that it goes slow at first. Relax, let your body heal. Soon they will fill the band and it will get much easier!!! (Well, at least that's what I read here. I haven't had mine done yet).

Hi mrs how's you I'm in limbo as well no loss this week on mush, witch has really pissed me off if I'm honest!!

However I'm looking to my fill and get started on the exercise to help get on the lb shifting path!,

My. Goal is to get 18lbs off before Christmas so just focusing on this which I think is possible.

I have found a few things I have had to change, I bought dome volvic juice water but after looking its 73 cals a glass and I was drinking loads... But I don't feel really hungry just thirsty and want chocolate lol xxx

Hi dimples
please keep me posted on how your getting on
i am going to dolan park 4th oct mr super
thanks for your info on leading up to op
very helpful
good luck

kay xx

Back