• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Em's Tummy Tuck

aw poor you, i had a taste of that on night of op, woman opp me throwing up all night and keeping her light on, even two tramodol didnt work! and then when they did sleep they were bloody snoring! it makes us tetchy lack of sleep and when ur in pain even worse! well hope you go home soon and catch up on sleep, you'll be surprised how much sleeping you'll do. good luck for your safe journey home x

Hello all,

My drains were removed at about midday today. God it was weird! The Nurse cut the stitching that secured them in place and told me to follow her instruction of taking lots of deep breaths... 'Ready?' she said. Holding my hands over my eyes I nodded... She pulled and I felt the left drain moving under my skin. I let out a moan coz it did hurt... But was much more of a relief when out. Didn't mean I was looking forward to the next one! The dressings were changed and I had a wash and freshen up. By the time I got out of the bathroom my Husband was standing by my bed waiting for me, smirking at my hunched self! We only waited until just before 2pm for my meds to come up from the Pharmacy and then we left.

I had a bit if a downer earlier asking myself if I'd done the right thing. I hope my belly button does sort itself out and that my whole tummy ends up looking ok.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

a few good nights sleep Em and Im sure you will feel much more like your normal self. And to pass the time, do some online window shopping to see all the bikinis and sexy undies you could now wear if you wanted to!

Just one thing... I found that stinging pain I had must have been my right drain because the second it was removed the pain went and it hasn't been back since.

I've just had something to eat and now getting hiccups. Not clever.

Glad your doing ok.I remeber my drains coming out and ouch did they hurt felt like they went all the way down to my feet.

Keep up getting better I have been enjoying your journey thanks for sharing it

Jo
xx

Evening all,

Just a quick post today as I'm all tucked up in bed and off my nut on Tramadol...! Weeeeeee! Lol! Can barely keep my eyes open!

Had a pretty chilled out day and haven't really gone too far. Managing the 14 stairs inside the house pretty well as we only have one loo and it's on the first floor.

Haven't eaten much today. Only a bowl of cereal at about 7 this evening. Not really felt like it to be honest.

Been keeping on top of my meds like a good patient should. Looking at my dressings in the mirror today and it seems like the left drain opening has oozed. I'm not sure if my scar has too because there is fluid on the dressing but it merges with the dressing for the drain (Crikey I hope this all makes sense!) I have to go back for my dressings to be changed on Wednesday but I'm thinking that may be too long to leave it like that. But then again I don't want to mess about with it and potentially make it worse. Not actually sure what to do...

Random time to do it but I can't sleep at the moment...

I've just weighed myself and it says I've lost half a stone since last week.

Could that be right?

Morning everyone.

Bit of a rough night last night as I didn't sleep too well.

Woke up about 20 minutes ago with a headache and needed a wee so I got up. I shuffles along, got my garments down and sat on the loo and realised that the whole time I'd been awake I couldn't take proper breaths. My body was only allowing me to take short, shallow ones and if I tried to take a deep breath I'd get a horrible feeling like I'd been winded. As I finished on the loo I started to sort myself out and suddenly got that dizzy, clammy, hot feeling like I was going to pass out. I oh just managed to make it back to bed before I collapsed. I'm still quite shaky now and feel quite sick. I'm also getting a dull ache in the area around my right kidney but I don't know if that's just because I'm spending so much time lying in one position.

:-(

Aw ems sorry to hear that. Like tinkerbelle said are u drinking enough? For one week after op I had awful headaches wouldn't go with pain killers and finally worked out I'm dehydrated as taking diuretics and not peeing much either! Upped my fluids and didn't get headaches or dizziness after. Hope u get better soon if in any doubts ring Hosp for advice Hun take care x

I called the ward at the hospital and told one of the Nurses my symptoms and how I was feeling. I have also had a couple of shooting pains down my left leg on the inside of me knee and the Nurse told me that I have to make sure I'm eating and drinking enough, especially before taking the tablets. I've put my wonderful stockings back on and have had something more substantial to eat and I feel ok at the moment. Gonna take my tablets and have a wander up to the loo and see how I get on. She said it might be worth going to A&E as she didn't know my medical history but I don't know if I want to do that right now.

I'll let you know how I feel later.

Hope you are feeling OK now Em x

Hi all,

Thank you all for you kind words and concerns. I felt much better as the day went on. I've decided not to take anymore Tramadol as I think that may have been a major part of why I've been feeling crappy. I'm continuing with the Diclofenac 3 times a day as it's an anti-inflammatory, and the Paracetamol as and when required.

Had half a small portion of popcorn chicken and chips for lunch and had a bit of a hankering for choccie digestives during the course of the afternoon so I had a few. Other than that I've had a bowl of cereal this evening. Not that substantial I hear you say but it's more than the one bowl of cereal I had yesterday.

Had to do a bit more round the house today as his Lordship decided to go have dinner out with a friend, and then go out on the razz so no doubt he's gonna come in completely drunk. As soon as my friend heard about this she came right round and stopped me in the middle of my washing up and sat me down with a cup of tea. She has been amazing as she's also cleaned my kitchen, put on my washing and sorted out my living room; all jobs that he knew he should have done. My friend said she's gonna pop round tomorrow and hoover for me, as well as hang out my washing. She's gonna try and get me some new dressings too as we're gonna change them tomorrow.

I'm now in the house with just my Daughter and my dog, hoping we're not gonna have any problems.

Scar has been tingling and itching quite a bit tonight. Wonder what that means?

Morning all,

Woke up feeling pretty ok! :-D

Took my Diclofenac and had some breakfast.

I know this may be a little too much information for some and I apologise, but I've only just today been to the toilet since Monday and I was so nervous about tensing up in case I popped a stitch! Lol! It took me 4 attempts!

I am so sorry! But there will be no more toilet talk! Lol!

Emdubs, so glad you are feeling more your normal self today and that your toilet humour is still strong and well. Lol
Glad your neighbour stopped you in time otherwise you'd have risked popping those stiches you have just been worrying about popping on the loo.
Take care and make sure the other half pulls his weight so you don't over do it your neighbour may not stop you in time again before you do yourself some damage.

Thanks Penelope.

He's gone back out again but I'm gagging for a cuppa! :-/

Oh some men much as we love em need their bums kicking cos you're home they seem to think life is back to normal. They don't mean to be nasty they just don't think things through. After all the little jobs we do they assume some magic takes place.Mines as bad although he is panicing about not being able to go off and help at some camp for his Aircadets I've told him not to panic and go he has my permission to go if I amstill feeling wobbly post op I can get mum to come over for the weekend, as long as I know he can go play and mum can come and drive me mad. Lol
Hope you get your cuppa soon. Take care.

I know exactly what you mean Penelope! Mine thinks we have a fairy in the house who does the washing, cooking and cleaning when he's not around! I keep telling him he will get the shock of his life after my op. If he thinks I'm having my Mother here, he can jog on!

Ems I'm glad your friend has stepped in to help. I'm sure when you are well enough to kick some butt, you will. Take care hon.

Debs xx

Back