• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Em's Tummy Tuck

Hi ems sorry to hear ur troubles, I'm the same my swelling has openedup my scar in 3 places and I've got special silicone dressings to seal over them so I can shower! The open area is leaking fluid so got to wear a padded dressing on top as seeping out of waterproof one oh the joys! My Hosp is a 100 mile round trip and bn bk and fore about swelling but thereunto gonna drain it either! I feel embarsssed in case people think I'm preggers or haven't had yet as don't look much different! Hope u r feeling better soon and swelling goes down. Take care Hun x

Hi sweetie

My daughter had her tummy tuck last year and for the first 4 months looked like she had a ledge on top of the scar. She also had fluid and felt just like you (But not as calm) Anyway the good news is it did go after time and she now has a lovely flat tummy. It does take time and its different for everyone but it will all sort out in the end. Sending you lots of love and positive thoughts xx

Hi Ems

Sorry to hear your news :( A friend of mine had some abdominal surgery some four weeks ago (for medical reasons) and has had a lot of fluid in her tummy but it has just started to go down this week. I really hope that yours follows a similar pattern and re-absorbs sooner not later.

Sending get-well thoughts.

Debs

Hi, I had a fleur de lys tummy tuck around 4 years ago. i had the fluid build up also remember feeling freaked out about it. When u touched my tummy it was like a wave. The hot water bottle discription is spot on. I was told that they preferred not to drain it out as it would only fill up again and the chances are it would fill up more. Just had to wait for it to be re absorbed. But it will get better xx

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Hey Debs,

I've been ok thanks. Just getting on with it now. I've had my bandages off for almost a week now but I'm still wearing the support garment. I am still the same shape as pre-op as I still have my belly bulge as well as my hips but I have to say I've had some comments from people about my tummy looking better and that they can see the difference. But... They are seeing it with the support garment still on so I don't know what they'll think when it's off.

I've been getting some weird feelings inside my tummy. Whenever I get up and start walking it feels like I'm being poked. I can only put this down to a small lump of fluid putting pressure on my insides but that slowly stops happening. Blooming weird feeling though!

My tummy button is healing rather nicely now and only has one tiny little bit of scab (urgh) on it which is bugging me! Lol! It doesn't look out of alignment anymore but I just put that down to equal swelling on both sides of my tummy now. I had quite a big lunch the other day and when I walked to the school in the afternoon I saw in a window it looked like my tummy button was poking out! Ha! Big lunch + Fluid build up = Pregnant Looking Em! I was walking down the road taking deeps breaths and everything!

My scar line, as wonky as it is, is healing well. Still have a few scabs but they'll come off eventually. The problem I have is because of this fluid build up I have, what I can only describe as a ledge. My tummy goes out to the scar line then goes straight back under so I can't actually see the scar itself until I look in the mirror. I'm getting quite tempted to upload some photos from pre-op to now (If I can work out how!) My bruises are also out now and I have a nice yellow one just above the middle of my scar line, as well as some mostly around my hips. If I can put up some pics I've taken some close up ones of the raised scarring, tummy button and where the donut's cut my tattoo in half! Lol! I don't know why they didn't take it all!

I'm still having a little trouble sleeping as it's still uncomfortable so I'm still propping a huge pillow under my tummy when I lay on my sides.

Other than that I think I'm ok!

Last edited:
Hi Em

I'm glad other people have started to notice... I suppose we are all our own worst critics.

Hopefully another week or two and you will feel different again as it all starts to heal more.

Hope you're not doing too much.

Debs x

Hi all,

It's been a while, I know... Shame on Em!

Firstly I'd like to report that my seroma has gone! Woo! Thank Goodness! But I still have my 'ledge'. People have told me that will go down but personally I'm not so sure. I'm not exactly an expert in the field of telling apart flab and swelling but overall I'm not convinced.

Scars are healing well and I'm 99% scab free. Just a couple of stubborn little beggars that don't wanna budge yet and I don't exactly wanna pick! Eww!

I'm now back to doing all the usual household chores as well as driving and walking the dog. Hubby goes away with work in a few days for 4 weeks so it's a good thing I'm all self sufficient again and just in time, too!

I do feel more confident now which is an amazing feeling to experience. I feel more upright and taller. I now walk through town with no big coat, my head up and take nice, confident strides. I don't feel uncomfortable in shops or looking at clothes. I have even been looking for work! Although trying to find anything that's Mon-Fri school hours is a job in itself!

The only thing I'm worried about is the day that comes where I don't have to wear my support garments anymore. I feel very comfortable in them as well as secure.

Sorry for the quick cut off but I'm super tired.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Wow Ems, you sound like you are making incredible strides both physically and in confidence! I'm so pleased for you hon!

So chuffed that your seroma has gone down and I'm sure your ledge will sort itself out too. Hearing how well you are mending and bouncing back has made me feel more confident that I am doing the right thing, so thank you! (I've been having massive second thoughts).

Hope you manage ok while hubby is away and can't wait to see photos of the new you!

Debs xxx

Again i really want to thank you for sharing your journey it really does help. Im 17 stone lost and having tt in two weeks. Nervous as hell !!! Good luck with rest of your healing x

just worry about you love i know its hard when people are upset around you ,but your having surgery,and dont need the stress, hope it all goes well for you x, good luck x

Hope all goes well good luck ;)

Hello all!

My! It's been a while since I've been on here!

Well I've recovered very well from my TT which was done back in May. ( Please feel free to check out my previous threads while on my journey).

The situation is now that my swelling has completely gone down, however, I have had to re-visit my Surgeon last week as the left side of the front of my tummy is larger than the right. Not only that I have what I can only describe as a 'ledge'. This is where my tummy sits on top of my scar line and where the scar line and below is tighter than my tummy it's poking out. (I'll try and upload a pic!) He recommended that I have lipo to my tummy which will rectify my 'ledge' as well as to my hips which they should have done before.

Overall I feel bundles and bundles more confident in myself than I did even 6 months ago and feel so lucky and appreciative to have had the TT done on the NHS.

I have my pre-op for the lipo on Thursday October 20th, with the potential of having the surgery done within about 2 weeks from then.

EmDubs said:
Hello all!

My! It's been a while since I've been on here!

Well I've recovered very well from my TT which was done back in May. ( Please feel free to check out my previous threads while on my journey).

The situation is now that my swelling has completely gone down, however, I have had to re-visit my Surgeon last week as the left side of the front of my tummy is larger than the right. Not only that I have what I can only describe as a 'ledge'. This is where my tummy sits on top of my scar line and where the scar line and below is tighter than my tummy it's poking out. (I'll try and upload some before and current pics!) He recommended that I have lipo to my tummy which will rectify my 'ledge' as well as to my hips which they should have done before.

Overall I feel bundles and bundles more confident in myself than I did even 6 months ago and feel so lucky and appreciative to have had the TT done on the NHS.

I have my pre-op for the lipo on Thursday October 20th, with the potential of having the surgery done within about 2 weeks from then.

Back