• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

pinkcere pre op diary

hi girls, surgery went well and I'm being released from hospital today. I hope! no much pain not even nearly as I thought. just bit rough on first day. I'm not managing as much fluids as should despite the fact that it's all I've been doing. anyway just wanted to update and thank you guys for all the support.

Great news chick and so pleased for you. You must feel so glad it's over and this is the start of your journey.

:) Get plenty of rest and look after yourself. You will feel better once you're settled at home and tucked up in your own bed.

Let us know how you're doing.

Hugs xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

hi girls, surgery went well and I'm being released from hospital today. I hope! no much pain not even nearly as I thought. just bit rough on first day. I'm not managing as much fluids as should despite the fact that it's all I've been doing. anyway just wanted to update and thank you guys for all the support.

Woooohooo! That is fab news. I think we were all holding our breaths. I was cancelled like you from QA at book in. Fortunately, I am 1 week post op now, but was really crossing everything for you.
Take care and rest up.

Brilliant news! Pleased to read all has gone well and you will soon be home. Liquids are a pig but you seem determined so I am sure you will get there. Great feeling isn't it knowing that your there post op and facing the next challenge. - very best wishes. X

Brilliant news! Pleased to read all has gone well and you will soon be home. Liquids are a pig but you seem determined so I am sure you will get there. Great feeling isn't it knowing that your there post op and facing the next challenge. - very best wishes. X

Def is a great feeling. I'm at home now and really happy cuz so far I haven't been sick or had much pain just bearable pain. I'm eating really slowly and drinking even slower I'm too scared to choke. :p so far so good :D

I am pleased to hear it!

Mine was cancelled well delayed with 12 hours notice for 3 weeks and those weeks were impossibly hard.

Once the surgery was done it all become of not relevance anymore and I was back then to trying to master the next phase.

I hope you're feeling similar. Have a fab and gentle day! X

Hello Guys, updating here.
Today is a week since my last weight in.(I did not weight before I left to hospital and they weight me but different clothes and shoes --so doesnt count!).
Anyway I was 238lbls and today I'm 231lbl= -7lbl I'm pleased with this result. :)

I'm eating basically a varied form of what I was served while in the hospital.

breakfast: less than half wbix with about 200mls of milk

then around 10am I have a banana smoothie with 300mls of water and 100mls of milk

Lunch something mashed (vegie mostly) with loads of sauce mostly gravy

then I usually have sugarfree custard or Jelly for afternoon

Same goes for dinner

Water in between everything...now I'm still not drinking more than 1 litre of water I just can't manage...but I'm improving...hopefully will be soon. I have had no pain since wednesday...so yay :)

You are doing great pinkcere :) My weight at op was almost identical at 239. That first week you can be bloated, my rings wouldnt fit, so thats am amazing loss.

Take care :) hugx

Hiya Debs,

Yeah sorry I haven't updated I need to buy new batteries for my scale so I couldn't weight myself this week. I will do next Friday 2 weeks in one. But I can feel I have lost something.

Regarding my recovering is going steady I will start Mashed food today which I hope will give me more energy to move about. Up to yesterday I was pretty much eating and drinking the same. I will see if the new diet will change. Because I have been really careful I haven't experienced any dumping symptoms and I hope it continues this way.
Phoned hospital to get a date for my revision appointment as I will go on holidays from 17/8 and I don't want them to set a date I can't go. I haven't received the letter yet but the secretary said she will send.

Yeah I'm doing really well I'm really pleased with that. I just don't have energy for more than 20 minutes standing/walking and I sleep a lot( which really unusual for me) but so far so good.

Updating...

So tomorrow will be my 3rd week and as I weight a day before my surgery today is the weighting day.

I started eating some variations like fish and mash potatoes, beans and chicken and even scrambled eggs with cheese. So far so good. Didn't get sick with anything.

Weight: I was 231lbs and today I'm 222lbs so the loss for 2nd and 3rd week was -9lbs I'm very happy with that as so far since surgery -16lbs so Yay! Celebrating!

well done, that's a good loss :)

Updating... So tomorrow will be my 3rd week and as I weight a day before my surgery today is the weighting day. I started eating some variations like fish and mash potatoes, beans and chicken and even scrambled eggs with cheese. So far so good. Didn't get sick with anything. Weight: I was 231lbs and today I'm 222lbs so the loss for 2nd and 3rd week was -9lbs I'm very happy with that as so far since surgery -16lbs so Yay! Celebrating!

I am so pleased to read how well you are doing both in terms of managing with your new tummy and also the weight loss. You're doing ace!

Congratulation honey - makes all the crap in getting to this point seem less intense now doesn't it

Hugs xx

Thank you guys! :) Yes it does makes up for it. :) To be honest I'm quite pleased too and grateful for it. So far no regrets and I hope I can get more mobile this week too, as I'm so tired all the time I haven't really been doing much.

Hello Guys,

A quick update before I go to work. Life is being busy. Anyway like I just said got back to work and although the doc signed me to fased return I don't think my boss knows what that means. So I'm there thankfully I do not feel pain, but my intakes have been seriously compromised as when I'm at work is difficult to keep up with the new diet and water intakes. I'm trying real hard to fix this but still, no where near. I have just weighted myself and it seems last couple of weeks I have lost 5lbs which I'm happy with although it seems to have slowed down to just over 2 lbs per week, but if it's going down I'm happy. :) So the first monthsary was last tuesday and I weighted myself then to know how much I'd lost in a month. and the number was 17lbs I believe this is about 1.5 stones. Really great stuff.

Sorry I haven't been posting much but my energy levels are at the bottom and with working it gets even worse. Target for this week to up my intakes levels. Does anyone know when can I go back to swim? My team followup is a disaster I ask the dietitian to give me a call for the past 3 weeks and still waiting. So if anyone can give me tips on how to get more energy and regarding exercises for someone in my stage would be great. :) Peace guys.

Good weight loss hun, well done.

Are you taking your vits ? Especially vit B and Iron. Might help with tiredness. I am just over 8 weeks out and do still get very tired, it does vary but I try to get early nights where I can.

I was told I could swim after 6 weeks as long as wounds all completely healed.

Hello guys! Updating 2 months today! Time is flying! :eek:

Anyway I went to my long long awaited holiday mid Aug and just back couple of days ago. I'm really happy as I did manage to eat and drink (drink while out is a problem as only sugar free drinks are fizzy). So icetea it is.

I would have enjoyed more if I were less tired and with more energy, even though I did my best and really it was worth it.

Now for my second month the numbers are:
Loss since last update 7lbs
Loss 2nd month 11lbs
Total loss since surgery: 28lbs

Now I'm really happy I'm losing, however, I believe I'm a slow loser based on how much I see others losing. Nonetheless still losing. I have being to the doc just before left for hols and he said blood test are perfect and I can go swimming which I haven't being able yet as I was on hols, but I did walk a lot during holiday and I think I did quite well in this second month.

I have a cold atm and struggling to know what to take. So if someone read this and happen to know, your help will bee much appreciated.

:character00116: -> goal for 3rd month!

Peace!

Updating here:

It's been 2 weeks since my last update and here are the numbers:
weeks 10/11 -6lbs about 3lbs per week.
total loss since surgery -34lbs

So it's nearly 3 months and I have lost 34lbs I wonder if this is an okay loss or if I should've lost more by now?
Last week I started swimming again, but I have only been twice a week and swim about 15 laps so I need to improve my game...hehehe

Also I still haven't eaten anything that makes me feel really sick and I have my first post surgery review this week on the 22nd with the nurse. I will update here once I've been.

Updating here: It's been 2 weeks since my last update and here are the numbers: weeks 10/11 -6lbs about 3lbs per week. total loss since surgery -34lbs So it's nearly 3 months and I have lost 34lbs I wonder if this is an okay loss or if I should've lost more by now? Last week I started swimming again, but I have only been twice a week and swim about 15 laps so I need to improve my game...hehehe Also I still haven't eaten anything that makes me feel really sick and I have my first post surgery review this week on the 22nd with the nurse. I will update here once I've been.

I think your progress is great. If you can exercise it is one of the best ways to help keep it going. Well done.

Thanks :) I will try to go 3 times this week and maybe get to at least 20 laps. I'm happy with my loss sincerely I was just wondering if I should try to improve it to take advantage of my first few months of surgery better. But def I'm over the moon with my losses.

Thanks :) I will try to go 3 times this week and maybe get to at least 20 laps. I'm happy with my loss sincerely I was just wondering if I should try to improve it to take advantage of my first few months of surgery better. But def I'm over the moon with my losses.

Sounds like a great plan Pinkcere :) I would be doing more if my hip hadn't stopped me, as soon as that is fixed I will be getting as much exercise as I can manage to boost my losses. Best if luck with it. X

Back