• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

pinkcere pre op diary

pinkcere

Updating.

Last Friday had blood test done and met a friend who works at the hospital for lunch, I of course used the opportunit to ask if she new how was the program and etc because I'm thiking about it more than I'm thinking about food :party0011: Anyway she said she didn't work in the clinic, but she would try to find out and will tell me.

Anyway today I weight myself and I'm about a kilo more :( Oops! Then on my lunch time I went to my GP and asked for copy of the blood test from last friday...well they said it isn't ready yet (as if I didn't know that already) but I can't help it...I will try to not go again tomorrow and wait till wednesday at least. I also book to see my doctor as the letter suggest to get a referral to see psycologist and dietitian. I have already seen dietitian for 4-5 months last year, but if they say I have to I will try to get the referrals.

Anyway, now all is almost ready-ish for my first appointment this Friday with the bariatric team. :D

Updating.

Last Friday had blood test done and met a friend who works at the hospital for lunch, I of course used the opportunit to ask if she new how was the program and etc because I'm thiking about it more than I'm thinking about food :party0011: Anyway she said she didn't work in the clinic, but she would try to find out and will tell me.

Anyway today I weight myself and I'm about a kilo more :( Oops! Then on my lunch time I went to my GP and asked for copy of the blood test from last friday...well they said it isn't ready yet (as if I didn't know that already) but I can't help it...I will try to not go again tomorrow and wait till wednesday at least. I also book to see my doctor as the letter suggest to get a referral to see psycologist and dietitian. I have already seen dietitian for 4-5 months last year, but if they say I have to I will try to get the referrals.

Anyway, now all is almost ready-ish for my first appointment this Friday with the bariatric team. :D[/QUOTE Hello Good luck x x

UpDating

I had my first appointment with the bariatric team today. It went like this.

Arrived too early, didn't want to take any chances.No one at the reception so waited until someone showed up.

Then the receptinist told me and my husband (who came with me) to take a sit and wait to be called. She explain that I would stay long as I would be seeing by 3 different people;(I stayed about 2 hours)

First I was called by one of carers, she weight me and mesure me. Then I sit again and wait.

Second not long after I was called by a different nurse she asked me questions in general about my healthy, explained a lot about the care and the changes in life style, that I would have to commit and finally she asked me which procedure I wanted to go for. I said that I really had on my mind the bypass. She asked why and I explain why she agreed with my decision and said I had really put a lot of thought on it.She talked about sleeping apnea I said I was already seeing the doctor for it as she mention I maybe would need to do it. Just before leaving I asked if she thinks I would get the surgery she said she sees no reason why not. But I would still have to see the surgeon and the dietician, then they would get together on a meeting to decide.

Third, the surgeon called me, he was so positive so nice I really liked him. despite the fact that he was quite sharp in his answers. He asked me what did I knew about bariatric surgery. i couldn't say much, because I froze. But I manage to say I know a lot. I have being reading and reasearching so much I don't even know where to start. He smiled and then started talking to me about the procedure, mortality rate and stuff. Also he said he would get me on the waiting list. (I didn't understood much here as the nurse said that after been seen they would do and mdt to decide if I was going through or not).

Fourth and last I saw the dietician a very nice lady who told me off a bit about eating habbits and assured me that I would get every support I need from them and from then on they would be just a phone call away from me. Then she said I could go. I asked if I need anything else or wait for anything else she said they would be in touch to book me with the anesthetist and the pre-op assesment but not in this order, meaning I could see one before the other.

Anyway all in all I'm more confident now that I will have the surgery and I'm happy with my choice! :) Such a relief this stage is complete.

(sorry my english) :p

UpDating
I had my first appointment with the bariatric team today. It went like this.

Arrived too early, didn't want to take any chances.No one at the reception so waited until someone showed up.

Then the receptinist told me and my husband (who came with me) to take a sit and wait to be called. She explain that I would stay long as I would be seeing by 3 different people;(I stayed about 2 hours)

First I was called by one of carers, she weight me and mesure me. Then I sit again and wait.

Second not long after I was called by a different nurse she asked me questions in general about my healthy, explained a lot about the care and the changes in life style, that I would have to commit and finally she asked me which procedure I wanted to go for. I said that I really had on my mind the bypass. She asked why and I explain why she agreed with my decision and said I had really put a lot of thought on it.She talked about sleeping apnea I said I was already seeing the doctor for it as she mention I maybe would need to do it. Just before leaving I asked if she thinks I would get the surgery she said she sees no reason why not. But I would still have to see the surgeon and the dietician, then they would get together on a meeting to decide.

Third, the surgeon called me, he was so positive so nice I really liked him. despite the fact that he was quite sharp in his answers. He asked me what did I knew about bariatric surgery. i couldn't say much, because I froze. But I manage to say I know a lot. I have being reading and reasearching so much I don't even know where to start. He smiled and then started talking to me about the procedure, mortality rate and stuff. Also he said he would get me on the waiting list. (I didn't understood much here as the nurse said that after been seen they would do and mdt to decide if I was going through or not).

Fourth and last I saw the dietician a very nice lady who told me off a bit about eating habbits and assured me that I would get every support I need from them and from then on they would be just a phone call away from me. Then she said I could go. I asked if I need anything else or wait for anything else she said they would be in touch to book me with the anesthetist and the pre-op assesment but not in this order, meaning I could see one before the other.

Anyway all in all I'm more confident now that I will have the surgery and I'm happy with my choice! :) Such a relief this stage is complete.

(sorry my english) :p

Pinkcere, Glad to hear your 1st appointment went well, I got mine is on the 7th Nov, I am at the Royal Bournemouth which hospital are you going too? Also I hope my appointment goes as smooth as yours did fingers crossed

Hi ^^Janet, I'm at Queens Alexandra hosp in Portsmouth. I hope yours goes well too. I'm so much more confident about the surgery now. I can't wait to receive the next appointment letter.

fingers crossed for you :)

So pleased it went well for you . Their a support group in Pompey this Thursday at 1930 at the holiday inn express Gunwhalf for people wanting surgery and post . It brilliant and I found the support prior and afterwards invaluable

hi Kimberly, thanks I'm really excited about last Friday, I wonder how long until I receive confirmation by post. Unfortunately, I can't go on Thursdays evening as I have college. I am going to a group in Southampton instead. If I have a Thursday off and I can I'll go cuz it's so much closer for me. anyways thanks again.

So a bit of good news. I went to my GP this week to following up the specifications on the Bariatric team letter where if I hadn't been to a tier 3 I should ask my gp to refer me to dietician, anyway I'd book this appointment while ago before my assesment on the 10th oct. So my gp told me I didn't need to be referred to the dietician as they have received a letter from the bariatric team letting them know that I was on the WAITING LIST for the surgery!!! They had an mdt and they were convinced that I was suitable for surgery.

Well I havent heard a word from them yet but at least it seems like it is happening. Though I can't wait to receive a letter confirming this. Still feels like a had a dream you know... :)

Updating, I don't know if I can use this thread to keep a track of my journey as it is in the Introduce yourself...But hey here is the news.

I received last friday two letters from bariatric team:
1st an appointment with the anaesthetist on 9th Jan
2nd an appoint ment with the dietitian ~(letter says: this is an education session to explain diet for surgery) on 27th Jan

I'm really happy with these appointments means things are going in the right direction.
I'm just concern about one thing, perhaps you guys can help me. I just got a new job and I'll start on 15/12 which means I will still be in probatory period up until March/15, so I'm a bit concern if I get a surgery before probation ends could be a problem, does anyone knows how long after seen the anaesthetist is the likelihood that I would be getting the surgery?

Thanks guys your help is much appreciated.

Hi

Just to let you know I've moved the more recent threads into a pre op diary for you, I hope thats ok.

We do like to keep the introduce yourself section just for first posts x

Hello guys, sorry to post again, but perhaps some of you can help. How long after seeing the anaesthetist can I expect to have my surgery?

Well I didn't get much help with my cry for help on the above posts. But whatever. Just to update here.

Had the appointment with the anaesthetist last Friday 9th, she gave me the good to go. Told me to phone the secretary next week for a date. Good news :)

Well I didn't get much help with my cry for help on the above posts. But whatever. Just to update here. Had the appointment with the anaesthetist last Friday 9th, she gave me the good to go. Told me to phone the secretary next week for a date. Good news :)

Great news with getting a date soon..I'm afraid my op was that long ago I wouldn't have remembered my timescales between each appointment..all I can suggest is get yourself organised before the big day!
Best wishes :)

The anaesthetist told me I could call the secretary about a date so I called and she said it wouldn't be before May...I can't believe it's going to take another 4 months. oh well at least I'm getting the surgery I suppose. I'm trying to look at bright side. The thing is that my life is kinda on hold waiting for the surgery and everyday I feel like I'm waiting to start my life...don't get me wrong I still work and go to college but it's just that it should be by March but now is May...but I can't really plan because it could also not be may...anyways...let's be positive...think positive... it will be May!!

Last edited:
May will come Soon for you hopefully. I am also on the waiting list, was told it would be around 3 months until I have surgery. Good luck on your journey x

Thanks Kayy, which hospital are you with?

I had an appointment last tuesday 27th for the dieting for surgery and some guidance for after surgery. I didnt find it of much help as I can get a lot more info from this Forum. Anyway still waiting for the date but now I think this is all I have to wait for.

I'm under the whittington london, so very confusing how every hospital seems to do things differently x

Back