• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Fat teens, fat twenties - my thirties will be fitter!

I love that idea you can have a weight loss bracelet!

Lisa you are doing really great. Maybe you could share your 3 top tips for whats working well for you, to all those at a similar stage to you, who maybe feel they are struggling or just want to consider doing something different to what they are doing at the moment ... :)

Good idea flutterby!!
1. Get my myfitnesspal in your life! I find it invaluable for tracking what I've had and the calorie intake and also for charting my weight loss
2. Don't tell yourself you're not allowed foods - have a little of what you fancy but account for it calorie wise and get that craving off your chest.
3. Have a small treat snack every day. Evenings are my worst time for snacking but if I know I can have something to look forward to at the end of the day, it makes everything easier. Examples of snacks I've really enjoyed are the small ribena ice lollys, or one of the 90 calorie soleros, a custard pot, or some fresh watermelon!

I went to see the dietician tonight and she was so pleased with my progress, but she said she wouldn't refer me to have my fill tonight, as I need to add more textures into my diet first. She said while I am still losing weight and not feeling hungry she said why waste one of your appointments and risk wasting another by having to have a defil? I agree but was looking forward to having a fill - have another appointment for two weeks time though so its not too long! My BMI has gone down by six points :)

Thanks for these Lisa! Going to heed this advice. Now I just need a weight loss bracelet (and someone to buy me charms!)

I stayed the same this week. I have noticed that I am increasingly more hungry though and able to eat more, so my fill can't come quick enough! It's booked for next Monday, I haven't had one since my op on 8th may, so to get this far I feel I've done well

I'm really struggling at the moment, my hunger is back with a vengeance and I cant stop eating. I also didnt lose any weight again, which is obviously related. Anyway, I'm getting my first fill tonight and I cant wait! Hoping I get a decent amount put in so that it helps with the hunger.

Good luck with your fill xx

Good Luck with the fill lovely!

Well I'm back and pretty upset. It seems as though my port has flipped. The nurse tried with her needle in three of four different site just to try to locate the port, then when I told her where I thought it was she felt it and was unsure as it isn't where they "normally" are, but she tried anyway. Then she got me to stand and tried doing it that way. She really did try to get the needle in, but I am feeling so sore and disappointed now. My hunger has increased dramatically these last few weeks and when I weighed on their scales it showed I had actually gained a few pounds, so now I feel even more down. I have to go back and they are going to try to flip it under x-ray either this Thursday (fingers crossed) or next and if that doesnt work then I may have to have a minor op :( Nothing goes smoothly for me. She told me she hates being beaten by things, and is upset to have let me down and she did say that I am going to have to diet for the next few weeks until this has been sorted so I am going back onto my pre-op diet. Just feeling so gutted right now and food is normally my comfort :(

How did you get on x

Sorry Lisa I think our updates overlapped. Gutted for you. Don't let it get to you and don't turn to the biscuits or chocolate for comfort. It does happen, and they will know exactly how to deal with it. Honestly even if you have a fill, watching the type and quantity of food you eat helps you lose more quickly than a bander totally relying on the band. Think how well you have done so far ... YOU CAN BEAT THIS LITTLE SETBACK. go for it xxx

Well I'm back and pretty upset. It seems as though my port has flipped.

How awful for you, I can see why you are upset. Hopefully, though, they will be able to sort it out this Thursday or next. And thankfully it has happened at the early stage as you at least have it as a problem on record for your provider to sort out.

Sorry u r having problems but try to think of it as it would've been unlikely your first fill would've curbed your hunger! It took til my 3rd for me to notice! Before that it is mind over matter!! It's hard I know but stick with it and remember how well u have done till now!! You can do this!! X

tanychance said:
Sorry u r having problems but try to think of it as it would've been unlikely your first fill would've curbed your hunger! It took til my 3rd for me to notice! Before that it is mind over matter!! It's hard I know but stick with it and remember how well u have done till now!! You can do this!! X

I agree mine was 3rd fill too before I felt restriction so like I've always said even though some disagree in that I have always felt I've been on a diet...but hey...it's worked!

I know you're feeling low, I would too, however it's a minor blip that's soon rectified, in the meantime continue the great work you've been doing, especially with the brain training! Even this far out its hard, today I just want and want and want, and it's gotta be sweet stuff! So this is all good practice for you x

Just heard from the hospital and I have an appointment for next thursday to try to flip my port back under x-ray on 5th July, and if that doesnt work, I have provisionally been booked in for 12th July for an operation under local anaesthetic.

The bruising on my tummy now is all shades of purple!!

Best of luck next week, hope x-ray works! Think good thoughts, you're almost there! x

I had some good news today, I've won a competition trip to New York! I'm over the moon! I'll be going in September for three nights, all expenses (apart from spending money) paid!! Cannot wait!!!

Back