• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

February 2015 Surgeries

Well done Siana x

Congratulations Alison. xx

Sorry to hear you've been unwell Lynne. Hope things settle down for you. All the best xx

Well done Tules. I'm glad that you are noticing so many benefits.
I'm wondering if you know why you're binging? Is it time of year.....winter, Christmas or is it how you are feeling in yourself, ie an emotional response or stress? Perhaps ask yourself what the motivation is that keeps you binging?
Is there something you can do to avoid binging......distraction techniques or undertaking a hobby or exercise class? Keeping busy. It's fine to allow yourself something nice it's how you moderate it. Look after your emotional self and remind yourself what you've had to go through to achieve all you have. You look amazing and I know you feel so much better.

Thank you Cherub,
Wise words once again. Yes will check the reasons. I like the the I feel right now, don't want to go back to how it was.
Sending you all best wishes.
X

Merry Christmas everyone and congratulations to everyone for being so successful. As I lie here in my 8 to 10 primark pyjamas I can't help but feel thankful that I made the decision to have a second surgery and that my family were supportive enough to go through this journey with me again. Here's to a skinny and happy 2016 xx

Merry Christmas everyone and congratulations to everyone for being so successful. As I lie here in my 8 to 10 primark pyjamas I can't help but feel thankful that I made the decision to have a second surgery and that my family were supportive enough to go through this journey with me again. Here's to a skinny and happy 2016 xx

I feel exactly the same Caroline Jess, so glad I had the surgery, even with my complications at the time. I have really enjoyed the holidays without overeating and food being my main focus xxx

Hello to you all. Had such a lovely day yesterday I wanted to share. Went on a long ramble in the sunny icy Cotswolds. Walked for two hours up and down hills. Felt great even ran for s while!! Shouted look at me I'm running. My husband said you couldn't have done that this time last year!

I love ly bypass xxx

Hello to you all. Had such a lovely day yesterday I wanted to share. Went on a long ramble in the sunny icy Cotswolds. Walked for two hours up and down hills. Felt great even ran for s while!! Shouted look at me I'm running. My husband said you couldn't have done that this time last year! I love ly bypass xxx

It's amazing how life has changed, I've just come back from the gym. Have done stuff tonight that would have frightened the life out of me a year ago, my new motto appears to be "In for a penny...". I do boot camps, hiking, and keep up
with the younger skinny Minnie's

So one year ago today I had my surgery! What a difference a year makes, it feels like a lifetime ago that I was 'that' person!
I'm now 8stone 5lb with a great loss of 6stone 6lb. I've done things this year completely outside of my comfort zone and I'm a new, better me! Couldn't be any happier right now!!

So one year ago today I had my surgery! What a difference a year makes, it feels like a lifetime ago that I was 'that' person! I'm now 8stone 5lb with a great loss of 6stone 6lb. I've done things this year completely outside of my comfort zone and I'm a new, better me! Couldn't be any happier right now!!

Well done to you, fantastic loss xxx

Fantastic news Moo.
Tell us more of what you have done... so nice to read changes.
I am also coming up to 1 year. Settled down to good weight for me. I have not done anything that is new for me but just sitting on metro crossed legged, seeing my better figure in mirror and shop Windows, not thinking people are looking and judging... fabulous. Both my partner and my daughter are slim, so I don't look like the nanny!!! Weight off takes off the age too I think. I feel more like me, without the self hate and criticism.
Last night I played basketball with a bunch of superfit young guys... they were gentle with me and "allowed" me to score a few baskets but I did play for an hour and kept up with them without knee pain - I was carrying extra 29 kilos, can you believe it.
I am now fighting the habits of binging coming back and I shall succeed. No way I will go back to how it was before!!

Dear All,
Sorry have been out of touch with you for sometime (a lot actually). As I reach my first Surgiversary on 12th Feb, a lot comes to mind. Can't express it all but here are a few things....
1. I was apprehensive about getting a Sleeve as much as some of us out there.

2. I was fortunate to have found a great surgeon who put my fears at rest within seconds of meeting him. He did not judge me based on my size and assured me that I did have a problem and that he was there to solve it.

3. I discovered all of you out there with similar issues and problems and who had it in them to do something about it. Most importantly the support that I got from ppl with similar surgery dates and the encouragement from those who had been through the process can't be described in words.

4. Post op exchange of notes was helpful and the success stories motivating.

SO THANK YOU ALL

As for me.... I am down 40 kgs from my max weight and 30 post surgery. I would like to lose another 15 to come to a respectable BMI.
I have found fitness and did run a Half Marathon (21.09km) in Jan this year. I finished it in 2 hrs and 32 minutes and am proud that I completed the race. Hopefully I'll imbibe this routine and run more.

Cheers to all of you out there too...

ForumRunner_20160211_222841.jpg

ForumRunner_20160211_222939.jpg

ForumRunner_20160211_223032.jpg

Rules I have done so much, in September I started back into education, and I'm currently waiting to hear if I get a place at uni in September!! I've flown on a plane, something I haven't done in over 15 years, I've flown in a helicopter, I've done a zip wire down Fremont st in Vegas, I've done a high ropes course with the kids. I volunteer at our local hospital, where I have to meet new people on every shift. And I've embraced it all. One year ago I wouldn't have said boo to my own shadow, but now I feel free!! I renewed my vows in December and really have never been in a happier place

Rules I have done so much, in September I started back into education, and I'm currently waiting to hear if I get a place at uni in September!! I've flown on a plane, something I haven't done in over 15 years, I've flown in a helicopter, I've done a zip wire down Fremont st in Vegas, I've done a high ropes course with the kids. I volunteer at our local hospital, where I have to meet new people on every shift. And I've embraced it all. One year ago I wouldn't have said boo to my own shadow, but now I feel free!! I renewed my vows in December and really have never been in a happier place

How wonderful cx

Today is my one year Oppirversary!! Since my highest weight I have lost about 12.5st. I don't know exact as the scales at the gym, the max weight was 24.4 stone and I was above that!!

I am know 12st 6lbs, size 8 in Mark's wide leg trousers and size 12 top. Just came back from a Caribbean cruise and was able to do every thing, even tried hubby out!! We climbed Dunns River water fall, tracked in the jungle and everything.

Weight loss has slowed down now but thats not a bad thing happy with size:D

Back