• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

February 2015 Surgeries

My weight hasn't shifted for ages but have dropped another dress size, must be all the exercise? Trying not to get too freaked about the lack of movement on the scales and focussing on how I feel, which is actually pretty good! My bmi is hovering just above 30, I will be chuffed when it goes below

Perhaps it's because of your exercise Siana, in that you are developing more muscle.
You are a lot taller than I am so my BMI still buts me at overweight, but what does yours put you at with being taller?
It is like you say, about how you feel.
You're doing so well. Xx

Thanks for your post.
How much more do you want to lose Kursty?
Xx

Thanks for your post. How much more do you want to lose Kursty? Xx

I still have 10lb of a stone and a half gain to get off from when my band started leaking

Originally I was looking to get down to 9 and a half stone. I'm 12.4 right now

Now my band has been removed I just need to be more realistic and would be happy to get back down to 11 and a half stone - this would be maintainable

I'm 5.4 so will still be overweight but a size 14 to 16

That's a really great loss so far Kursty.
Keep at it Hun. 5'4" and size 14-16 is good.
On Friday someone who I've not seem for ages called me skinny and I'm 5'2" and size 14!
Did you have the band removed because of it leaking then?

I had a repair in July because it was leaking. My port and tube were replaced

I needed emergency surgery 4 weeks ago because my band had slipped and had cut off my blood supply to my stomach. - high drama stuff pre gangerine tissue and sims of my stomach tissues had died off. icu for a few days and 8 days in hospital -ok now. Trying desperately maintain m weight loss. Early days x

Can't say my band journey had been a great success story. Only banded last August. In theatre 4 times in 14 months :-(

Alison, Cherub and Siana, well done on weight loss front. Way to go. Alison,I can't believe you would still be categorised as overweight. You are tiny!

Kristy, you have been so unlucky. I wish you all the best. Get yourself much better first. Hope surgeon taking good care, out of curiosity; can you get sleeve surgery after band? Are you considering it? I know you are doing really well without it but also know how much this means to you. Just wanted to check. Getting yourself better is the priority of course.
Best wishes to you x

Perhaps it's because of your exercise Siana, in that you are developing more muscle.
You are a lot taller than I am so my BMI still buts me at overweight, but what does yours put you at with being taller?
It is like you say, about how you feel.
You're doing so well. Xx

Bmi over 30 is obese no matter what height unfortunately, but I'm not actually that convinced by BMI as an indicator as its not really that reliable, especially if you are tall. Jonah Lomu (bless his handsome heart) had a BMI of 37, he was all muscle. I like to go by body composition but I'm still lugging around too much fat. :sigh: need to get some discipline back, I want to lose more but friends/family seem to think I should stay as I am. It's a weird old journey, this weight loss malarkey

Kursty, sounds like you have had a truly horrid time? Bless you. I hope you are recovering well and being easier on yourself. I had a bad experience too and had my band out and converted to bypass.
It took a long time to recover after being so ill. I wish you all the best. You will get there.
Keep looking after yourself.

Tules, please put some photos of you in your new top and jeans, you look stunning in them and have done so well......celebrate what you have achieved!

Siana, I agree, it is about composition and how you feel. You only have a small amount in your band with good restriction. I think it's about being realistic isn't it. Look how far you've come and built up your fitness too.

For All of us.......its that time of year when there are lunches and dinners out with friends, work colleagues, parties and drinks, not to mention the chocolates and biscuits people leave out to tempt us! And of course, that time of year where it's all stodgy food and summer salads just don't cut it! ........be careful out there guys!!

Went shopping the other day to a regular outlet I use, I bought some medium sized jumpers and tried a couple of others on, they were too big! I've had to order a size small as the medium was too big and there were no small ones left in the shop. So, I've ordered a small sized jumper online!! Never thought I'd be ordering a small!
The other day a colleague asked me if I was also shrinking in height......I said not and not to say that as it would put my BMI up at my current weight and back into the obese category rather than just overweight!

I am still struggling to get my head around it all. Dead chuffed to get into some jeans I liked, as they looked so good I bought two pairs. 2 weeks later they are hanging off me but no shift on the scales and officially I still have quite a bit more to lose. Really trying to just chill about it all

Well.done one getting into small size Cherub. Are the tops you got too loose now? They could be worn to loose fit, so hope OK

My weight is stabilising in that, I continued to.loose weight despite eating normal. Now going up a bit to get to my what I expect my long term weight. I went down to 68 kilos now up to 70 which is perfect for me. This is what the surgeon said would happen. My "alarm bell".will.be 72 kilos if I happen to get to that....revert back to full protein diet to.loose the excess.
Good luck to.us all.

Thank you Kursty. It is a nice surprise!

I struggle with the very same thing Siana......scales barely budging but clothes getting too big fast! Melting away!

Thank you Tules. You sound like you are settled in yourself and have reached where you want to be. Well done on your achievements. Keep up with it. I like how you have recognised where your cut off points are and plans to rectify if needed.

The clothes I bought when we were in Birmingham still fit, just a little looser and like you say, with that style it's ok. I bought 2 jumpers that were medium and fit nice and the other was too big in medium and had to get small. It arrived today.
The trousers I bought were a little tight around my tummy but are starting to feel looser round the tops of the legs. Tummy is just taking a lot longer to go down unfortunately! If it had gone like the rest of me I'd be in a 10-12 I'm sure lol xx

My tummy would look a lot better if it weren't for the roll of blancmange that the weight loss has left behind, no amount of sit ups is going to rectify that.....roll on tummy tuck!

Hi,
I am a newbie and its really a great feeling that you all are so excited about your procedure.
I will decide soon about the procedure with the help of my physician and share it like you guys. :)

Back