• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

February 2015 Surgeries

How is everyone doing? I am now 3 months post bypass and doing superb! Weight loss as of this morning 4st 9lbs! I never would of believed this would work so well! I have not really experienced bad dumping! Not been sick once! I do however feel pretty crap if I eat something that is not a good choice! Am ok with bread pasta rice potato! But can't eat much and it doesn't sit well! Only tried bread toasted so far!

I have just joined the gym so hoping this will assist the weight loss and help tone some of this lose skin which is appearing!

I have to say my recovery has been fantastic and I do feel for those of you that have hit problems along this journey! This was definitely the best decision ever and I am eternally grateful to the nhs and my surgeon!

hi all...have posted some pics in my album ...

Kaps you look great you are doing so well. What operation have you had, you don't seem to have any scars.

Hair loss

I had hair on my pillow this morning, first time I have noticed that it has started to come out, anyone else noticed this yet xxxx

Oh sorry to hear about it Alison. We do shed hair in Spring but you're must have been more extreme to notice. I am shedding in shower.
Siana, I admire your exercise regime, go girl!

I was warned that it would happen to all bypasses so not too worried. I am feeling so much better and stronger, I also have booked for yoga on Wednesday morning!!

Ta, quite proud oft protein intake as I thought I would struggle but will have a shake in addition to what I eat. What would I do without you lot?

Every meal you need to have protein and always eat the protein first of any meal. You will not only suffer with the hear loss but may get muscle pains and that is a combination of low calcium intake along with the protein ,you should be having about 60-90grms a day

Thanks, I'm averaging about 70-80 but not really thought about calcium, although I am having those high protein Arla yoghurt a at the moment, will have a look at MFP and see what I'm doing, how much calcium?

You need to make sure your not taking your vitamins at the same time as your calcium because the iron will effect the way the body uses the calcium so you need at least an hour apart. Don't take vitamins with tea because the tannin in tea affects the vitamins :)

Thanks mouse, will try to up protein and I am taking my bits and calcium at the same time so will swap my calcium to night time.

I don't measure my protein but do ensure that I have some at every meal and that I eat that first xx

The way you take the vitamins is for everyone but us Bypassers have to be that bit more careful because we don't retain everything we consume.:)

Kaps you look great you are doing so well. What operation have you had, you don't seem to have any scars.

Hey Alison... Thanks. I had a sleeve. They call it Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy. It was done laproscopically.. Basically a key hole surgery. The largest hole was about 12 mm. I had a total of five holes. Sizes varying from 5 mm to 12 mm. Very small scars visual up close. They tend to be hidden behind the hair..

Pain is... Weakness leaving the body... Cheers and Regards... Kaps

I'm off to my GP in the morning for my B12 jab, hopefully he will prescribe as per surgeon 's instructions rather than sending me for blood tests. I am having those next month. Having a stall at the moment, only lost a pound in two weeks but my calorie count is down to between 600-700, I am trying to improve my intake. managing about 60-70g of protein,

Gosh Tina,.
That is low. I have a latte and 2 poached eggs for breakfast and I am already around that figure probably a:)
I also had my surgery with Prof Ammori, my GP did follow his suggestion but also asked for some tests just to be sure. Good luck.
I have not had them yet. I will have to buy the injections and go to nurse for the jab.
Let me know how you get on. X

Back