• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

February 2015 Surgeries

Gosh Tina,. That is low. I have a latte and 2 poached eggs for breakfast and I am already around that figure probably a:) I also had my surgery with Prof Ammori, my GP did follow his suggestion but also asked for some tests just to be sure. Good luck. I have not had them yet. I will have to buy the injections and go to nurse for the jab. Let me know how you get on. X

I can't do latte as hate coffee and am lactose intolerant!! I am having a combination of skyr yogurt's, protein bars, cottage cheese, baby bel during the day. I have meat and veg for tea, tonight's was gammon egg and beans but am full after a so little!! Managed about an once of gammon, 1/4 egg and 1 desert spoon of beans!!

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Your tummy must be smaller than mine. Some days I can eat loads but tonight for example tonight I little bit of chicken, I was full. That messed up my protein intake!

I can't do latte as hate coffee and am lactose intolerant!! I am having a combination of skyr yogurt's, protein bars, cottage cheese, baby bel during the day. I have meat and veg for tea, tonight's was gammon egg and beans but am full after a so little!! Managed about an once of gammon, 1/4 egg and 1 desert spoon of beans!!

I am addicted to those skyr yoghurt, I mix mine with berries and a bit of milled linseed to keep everything moving as it should...do you have the 20g protein ones?

I am addicted to those skyr yoghurt, I mix mine with berries and a bit of milled linseed to keep everything moving as it should...do you have the 20g protein ones?

No Siana, I just have the 150g ones, I like the apple or sour cherry, 114 cals and 14g of protein

Where do you get those yogurts. I love sour cherry. I am not getting my daily protein, not always.
Mouse apparently B12 uptake may be reduced after this surgery so some surgeons suggest regularl check up. Ours asked GP if they could prescribe it for the first year.
My GP will also test the levels. She thinks no need to take something if not needed, however knowing the benefits of B12, I am rather keen.

Where do you get those yogurts. I love sour cherry. I am not getting my daily protein, not always.
Mouse apparently B12 uptake may be reduced after this surgery so some surgeons suggest regularl check up. Ours asked GP if they could prescribe it for the first year.
My GP will also test the levels. She thinks no need to take something if not needed, however knowing the benefits of B12, I am rather keen.

I think tescos and asda stock them, 3 for 2 quid at the moment

I like both types, the higher protein ones are quite big, very thick (made from Quark), and are very satisfying. I have one for breakfast most days. The other ones with the fruit layers are smaller,more yoghurty and delicious. I think both types are great,

The question about why are you buying them was more a why is your GP not prescribing them, you may find that a nurse won't administer something that is not prescribed. I would discuss it with your team because when you got for checkups you will have bloods taken and they will send a letter to the doc to tell them you need the injections because B12 can be dangerous if given and you don't need it, I believe you can suffer with damaged nerves and other problems. B12 injections are part of our lives after the surgery , I'm 7 months out now and haven't needed one yet, back at hospital next week where I will have bloods done and my levels may show a change then, because for the first three months there would be no change if you had a good diet before surgery. I would personally push for them to be given if your levels are low because as you sY there are benefits and we aren't having them as a fad :)

Gosh Tina,.
That is low. I have a latte and 2 poached eggs for breakfast and I am already around that figure probably a:)
I also had my surgery with Prof Ammori, my GP did follow his suggestion but also asked for some tests just to be sure. Good luck.
I have not had them yet. I will have to buy the injections and go to nurse for the jab.
Let me know how you get on. X

Hi Tules, I have seen my doctor, 7:50 appointment!! I asked him to prescribe the B12, he read the letter from Prof Ammori and his answer was "of course I can"!! wahoo! Now have to make an appointment for the nurse to administer:D

Your tummy must be smaller than mine. Some days I can eat loads but tonight for example tonight I little bit of chicken, I was full. That messed up my protein intake!

I think the reason I eat less than you is that you have had the sleeve and I have had the bypass!! My pouch is about the size of an egg!!

Ok so not weighed for about 3 weeks and lost........(drum roll)........0.4 kg, but clothes are hanging off me....there is no logic...

That's how it goes for no reason, I'm getting smaller but no weight has left my body for weeks, so much so it's getting silly it's like I'm in maintained mode

Last edited:
Trying not to get freaked out, my son says I'm "too skinny" but on the numbers I have at least 3 more stone to lose....

Siana, my nurse insisted that I measure my waist, neck etc. She said in those weeks when you think there is no.weight loss, you will see waist, tummy etc shrinking. I did not listen of course and did not measure but despite my slow weight loss, the notches my on belt is steadly moving on... I moved 4 holes since the op. So well done.
I think we are hitting the period where others start notice the difference. I tell them the truth.
Tina, great to see you got the B12 jabs.
I am seeing Profq Ammori tomorrow and will ask him to draw my stomach to exact scale. It better be tiny banana size!
:)

Siana, my nurse insisted that I measure my waist, neck etc. She said in those weeks when you think there is no.weight loss, you will see waist, tummy etc shrinking. I did not listen of course and did not measure but despite my slow weight loss, the notches my on belt is steadly moving on... I moved 4 holes since the op. So well done.
I think we are hitting the period where others start notice the difference. I tell them the truth.
Tina, great to see you got the B12 jabs.
I am seeing Profq Ammori tomorrow and will ask him to draw my stomach to exact scale. It better be tiny banana size!
:)

Hi Tules
I am having the sleeve in a couple of weeks time and I was told my stomach would be similar size to my thumb! x

What! No way! Thank you for that, very useful. I will hold my thump against food to visualise how much I can eat.and should eat! Or should not eat.
Despite the operation, my mind is still finding it difficult to register my stomach is now different.
Does that make sense?

What! No way! Thank you for that, very useful. I will hold my thump against food to visualise how much I can eat.and should eat! Or should not eat.
Despite the operation, my mind is still finding it difficult to register my stomach is now different.
Does that make sense?

Yes it does make sense. I think it depends on how big your stomach is at the start, everyone is different. They are not uniform in size. If you look at how the surgery is carried out, the removed part of the stomach obviously has to go from one end to the other, so this is why it varies so much from person to person. Does this make sense ha ha? I guess what I am trying to say is try not to compare yourself with others on what you are eating as this will vary so much. It's all about what you eat?
You are doing amazing Tules!
Good luck
Jackie
x

Thank you,
What I meant was... My brain still did not catch up with my new, teeny stomach and thinks as if it is full size!! He he
Hence my need to visualise it to train silly brain ;)

Back