• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

February 2015 Surgeries

Hi Tules,
A new bra is great! First thing I bought and cos it fitted great I felt a million dollars wearing it when I left the shop.

Could you shop with a friend? Someone who will help you to try clothes on that perhaps you wouldn't normally try? Please be kind to yourself, you deserve it!
I found that in my head I am much bigger than I actually am. I'm trying on different styles of clothes just to see how things fit and feel.
Last week I really enjoyed going into shops just to try on and not to buy! I was amazed that I now fit in Next and Dorothy Perkins clothes! I'm now wearing a skirt to work - not worn one for 25 years! I even tried on a dress that looked nice too!
Keep at it hun
Thank you Cherub, yes bra will be the first purchase. My current bra is so big now, back and the cup! It is so nice not to have the sticky out belly. I keep checking myself out in reflections. Have not dared going into changing rooms yet. Just so worried that I will see that fat person again. Sigh...

Hair loss, yes mine is coming out too. I guess we just have to grin and bear it until it grows back...You get something...something else goes wrong...darn...

Alison and Cherub, good luck with the hospital appointments.

Siana, will.check out the protein shampoo. I am a sucker for a anything like that.

How is your weight loss going guys? Mine slowed right down. Lost only 4-5 pounds within the last four weeks.

I find I'm not even weighing at the mo, I think I have maybe lost a few pounds but inch wise it is dropping steadily so I'm not worried. I'm eating sensibly and if I fancy a treat I'll have one, I find I don't fancy treats so often though, and my tastes are changing considerably. Eating much more fish, gone off a lot of meat ( especially bacon), really enjoying salads so I'll just keep it up. The last few weeks have been really sociable so the Devil's Juice (vino) has been a regular feature so knocking that on the head!

I am eating healthy too (always have done, it's just there was just too much of it!).

I however went back to bad habits of eating nuts in front of tv, still healthy in small doses but my stomach can somehow has no limit for nuts. Maybe because it is eaten in small portions, over a long period time. Pistachios, 500 calories in 100 grams...
anyway, stopped buying them... husband and daughter not pleased but if they are there, I am on it. simple solution to that one....

I am also slowly coming around to ordering small portions in restaurants. In the past, I would just select the most stodgy, big volume dish. Not necessarily the one I would most like. Greedy eyes and stomach. Lately I order what I want, so good. I feel normal... I don't have to glance around to see people seeing me eating that big portion, pretending I did not care... shovelling in...
good riddance to that!

Thanks for the hair tips ladies, I don't think anyone can notice except me, glad everyone else is going through the same though.

Cherub I think the main thing I want to ask is why I wasn't taken back to theatre that night, which may have stopped all the bleed into my side, and subsequent infections, wound etc etc.

Also I noticed something on the bard in theatre about Prof Kerrigan and new type of staples to be used so don't know if that was after my op or not as I was in there 4 times!!

Saw a lady from Zumba last night and she didn't recognise me, and then said, have you lost loads of weight - that was nice.

Ok folks , hair loss. Been to Boots and done some research. My client was talking about a shampoo called "Start, and she swears it has accelerated her new hair growing back. There's quite a lot for feminine hair loss and it all seems to be protein and biotin based. Won't get much change from £25 for a not huge shampoo and conditioner but they have some offers on at the mo. I have bought biotin and collagen shampoo/conditioner from OGX. Will let you know how it goes....there was some stuff that looked very good but was the best part of £40! I need to save my pennies for my tummy tuck....

Saw a lady from Zumba last night and she didn't recognise me, and then said, have you lost loads of weight - that was nice.

Someone at Zumba called me "skinny Minny" last night, so chuffed but only lost half what I need to....:rolleyes:

Just been told I have an interview on Monday for a promotion, fancied a new outfit so went into Next and came out with nothing....because everything I liked was too short not too small, feeling strangely smug about it

Proteins proteins proteins you need to increase your intake that will stop the hair loss you don't need expensive shampoos. Try to eat more proteins in any form you can get.

I eat loads of protein, upwards of 80g a day, but apart from the wls I have had 3 anaesthetics in a very short space of time , stressful job etc. willing to try the shampoos, trichologists use similar for treatment of alopecia . Will let you all know how it goes, I'll take one for the team

Do any of you guys take protein shakes to help with the protein intake. I was thinking about trying these to help supplement my intake after the surgery.

I do, I use Syntrax as they have many flavours, high protein and not necessarily "milky", more like squash. I like Roadside Lemonade and Pink Grapefruit

Where do you get them Siana x

I do, I use Syntrax as they have many flavours, high protein and not necessarily "milky", more like squash. I like Roadside Lemonade and Pink Grapefruit

I like the chocolate truffle, I mix with almond milk and nuke it, hot chocolate!!

I get it from Amazon

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Will look out for that ... Thank you xx

I am also interested in the one Siana recommended and look forward info on how to get it. Did not see them in health shops.

I use Pulsin unflavoured whey protein to mix in soup. I found this one has the least after taste.

Back