• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

February 2015 Surgeries

Hey all,
My hunger is coming back. Worried it will go out of control again. Luckily still have restriction so cannot eat much but craving for snacks is back.. grrr

Cherub, glad to hear your appointment went well. Wish you all the best with the case.

Tina and Siana, good to hear you are both shrinking.

My weight loss...I seem to loose a kilo, put back on a kilo. May need to shock body to get the metabolism going. I have a stone to reach my ideal healthy weight. If I can loose half a stone, and settle down that will do me good.

To motivate myself ordered a size 14 top and Jean skirt from Biden sale. Will probably be small but will get me going to fit into them. Photos follow when I do!

Was worried my old size 18 tankini may be too big but thanks to my still ample bum..all fine to wear this summer..how you all doing with new outfits?

Well done Siana and Tina. You're doing so well. Wished I had measured now!
Saw my team today-surgeon said I looked well. Had my appointment and conversation with him. Will be taking it further, letter of complaint started and so far on page 6 and they're A4 pages! Solicitor should be phoning me tomorrow to see what happened and advise, but basically he's continuing to lie! Going for the jugular.
Thanks mouse 57 for you post and support.
The nurse and dietician all walked in to clinic together, they saw me in the waiting room. Got a hug and told how amazing I looked. One of the dietician so didn't believe it was me!!
All went well with them. But then it always does, they are fantastic.
I asked about my weight loss slowing down and stopping and was advised that it depends on how big you are at the start but was told that it does slow down for a bit then picks up again. I checked that I am eating the right things in the right amounts, all good. Feel reassured. I'm still noticing my clothes are getting bigger though even though I'm not losing much.
My hair loss has normalised again so am going to get a colour next month.

Went to see a spiritualist medium last night, a friend came through who I was very close to, she knew all about what had happened to me, that my bp dropped so low and that I went cold, she said I went to the light and left my body, but there was no way she was going to let me die. She was with me in theatre holding my hand. She described the surgeons physical appearance and described how he acts. She said he has had cases against him before and should be struck off! She got lots of others things too, including our getting married.
I'm back at the gym this week now the weather has cooled down, was too hot last week. I needed to go tonight after my appointment with him and did I really good work out ;)

Bloody hell speaking to the medium must have been an awesome experience! I hope it was some comfort to you

Thanks ladies for your support and good wishes.
I did wonder as you say Chrissy, about whether there was a glimpse of a green eyed monster! She's advised me not to go really skinny, perhaps aim for a 16 which is what she is but I'm only 5ft 2in and she's much taller!

Shall I ask her if she wants my new casts offs when I get there!
She won't be coming to the wedding. Since she knew she upset me she's not spoken to me, other than saying hello when I was infront of her. Not a friend! You always learn the hard way eh!?!

I've noticed that my weight loss has stopped and I'm stuck at the same weight for a few weeks now, hair loss isn't as bad either. Though clothes a feeling bigger, having to adjust bra fastening to a tighter fit etc......is anyone else finding this?

I've got my consultant appointment on weds, I've found out that he has lied to me more than once! Advice please......
He hasn't followed the Trust policy about duty of candour, I so want to confront him, some say I should make a complaint, others say I should sue him after what happened to me.

What are your thoughts and advice?

In the meantime, making lists of wedding plans and what we want, don't know wether to go for a white dress or a suit. Feeling excited though.xx

Hey Cherub... Great news on your wedding.. All the Best.... Hope you get to do lots of shopping and enjoy the excitement as your date gets closer.

Good to know that the 'friend' issue got sorted out. You must aim for reaching within Normal BMI.. (INFACT WE ALL MUST TRY... WHERE WE REACH EVENTUALLY AND SETTLE DOWN IS TOO FAR DOWN THE LINE TO CONTEMPLATE ).

As for me.... I am on my way to meet my surgeon. Scheduled to see him tomorrow. Had my blood samples done... All well within limits...So am quite pleased with myself..

Dont seem to have lost much weight in the past two months. But the waist line is definitely lesser. Have put on some muscle mass and am feeling fitter and younger. Loving wearing 'fitting' clothes and tucking my shirts in the trousers rather than keeping them hanging out.

Cheers to all.. All the best. Will update after I meet up with the doc..

Pain is... Weakness leaving the body... Cheers and Regards... Kaps

Hey all.. Just read all the posts. Some solace that I am not the only one whose rate of weight loss is going down.. I guess the slowing was bound to happen over a period of time. My surgeon had apprised me of the same... But was hoping to lose quicker till about the sixth month.

Pain is... Weakness leaving the body... Cheers and Regards... Kaps

I like this, its what I have not who I am
11737821_871998089503906_850962883632067450_n.png

Gosh just catching up with you all. Cherub I am glad you have been able to have it out with your surgeon, I go on Tuesday this week as had to re rearrange. I am back to work 3 full days now and have been finding it emotionally challenging, been quite down.

My hair loss continues at the same rate but I don't think anyone but me and my hairdresser can notice. I have now lost 4 stone 7 pounds and feel good. Been to yoga a couple of times which I hadn't done before and enjoyed it.

Still have my wound although it is smaller it is still blooming there and won't seem to heal. I have seen the Tissue Viability nurse again and things have improved.

Am loving my bypass.

Hi Alison,
Great to hear again from you.amazing weight loss but am really sorry your wound is still troubling you. I hope it will heal soon so that you can put all that behind you and enjoy the new you.
X

Cherub I have been trying to send you a pm but can't work technology. Would you pn me your mobile number if it would be ok for me to ring you before my surgeons appoint on tues xx

Well have a nice get together ladies. Wish we were all closed so can meet up.

On another note, I did fit into size 14 skirt Yay!!!

Attachments

• IMG_20150710_170047.jpg
    IMG_20150710_170047.jpg
    481.8 KB · Views: 49
Well have a nice get together ladies. Wish we were all closed so can meet up. On another note, I did fit into size 14 skirt Yay!!!

Wow looks smaller that, and no tum. Well done, you look great. :)

Looking fab Tules!
Love your quote Siana!

I went trying on clothes yesterday, just to see what size I'm in now and just cos I can!
Went to Bon marche in Whitby - not many clothes shops there!! Am now size 18 top and bottom! Even dried a couple of dresses on. My bra from sadies is too big so will have to go for another fitting.

Glad you are all doing so well.

Good luck to you Alison on Tuesday - is someone going with you?
Like you, I found it all so traumatic and emotional. All I can say is keep talking about how you feel, how it affected you. Don't bottle it up. Talking about it will help, and friends and family will appreciate what you've been and are going through. You should have my number now so please call after your appointment or just cos you want to talk.

My hair loss has stopped now and my weight has plateaud, apparently normal at this stage but should start losing again soon. Losing inches though instead as new clothes are bigger on me. So wishes I'd measured!

Glad you went out shopping Cherub. It takes a while to get used to new shape, doesn't it.
I went shopping with a friend again and bought a cardigan, that will do style. My friend luckily got me to return it. Still in that "at least it fits" mode, rather than choosing what looks better.
I still came back with more stuff for my partner and daughter but at least did not get that cardigan that I actually did not like....small steps.

Tules you look fantastic, Siana I love your quote, still not made it back to Zumba, sticking with the Yoga for now!

Cherub, it was great to chat last night, off to the surgeon in the morning, my husband really doesn't want me to make any waves, I think the whole of the chester/itu/his mum dying is now somehow linked in his mind and makes him really sad.

Will see how it goes anyway.

My hair loss seems to have slowed in the last couple of days, wound seems no different than two weeks ago, hopefully see the Tissue Viability Nurse again on Wednesday.

Oh well M6 here we come in the morning then a trip to Lancashire at the weekend. xx :553:

Tules!! You look absolutely amazing! If I lived near you I'd be taking you shopping .......cardigan in deed!

I challenge you to go with a supportive friend and just go trying on, no pressure to buy anything! Try things you wouldn't normally go for just to see..........
Then if you really like something and feel good in it, then buy it.

I went trying wedding dresses on last night, though they weren't proper wedding dresses as such, more like occasion dresses that I though might make a nice wedding dress! Nothing fitted and I looked terrible. I have some way to go before I can buy anything!

I had a sort out at the weekend, tried everything on and chucked all that was too big. Result - nothing to wear but between sizes so will just have to rotate the few things I do have. Also - my clothes were very drab, even if they had fitted I just didn't like them any more....

Alison, good luck for today!x

Hi Alison,
Good luck for today, I can understand your husband's exhaustion with it all. and yours too.

Cherub, thank you! Yes would love to go shopping with you. You are right, just have to keep trying to find my new style. And, I would love to come shopping with you for the wedding dress!! consider us as your virtual maids of honour... I am sure you looked fabulous in dresses, the wedding dresses are very unforgiven so don't get dishearten. I know you will get the perfect one soon.

come on guys. I want to see your before and after photos too. if you are too shy, just hide your face.... xx

Tules!! You look absolutely amazing! If I lived near you I'd be taking you shopping .......cardigan in deed! I challenge you to go with a supportive friend and just go trying on, no pressure to buy anything! Try things you wouldn't normally go for just to see.......... Then if you really like something and feel good in it, then buy it. I went trying wedding dresses on last night, though they weren't proper wedding dresses as such, more like occasion dresses that I though might make a nice wedding dress! Nothing fitted and I looked terrible. I have some way to go before I can buy anything! ?

Hi Cherub, have you thought about using a personal shopper ? 5 days before my son's wedding I had no outfit, no really I had nothing as I kept putting it off to see if I could get more weight off doh! My husband said "call me when you find something then I will come and take a look " ( he hates shopping lol ). I think he expected me to be hours. I walked into Debenhams and asked for a personal shopper, literally within 10 minutes I had the perfect outfit. I tried a few others she chose just to make sure but the first thing she grabbed, a dress and jacket were perfect. My only advice is go go midweek and book if necessary.

Good luck.

Back