• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

GP finally referred me to Homerton

I think you will still need to do tier
Hey Maria,

My referral was accepted because the bariatric surgeon wrote a letter to my gp telling them to refer me as he thinks i need it.

So hopefully i wont need to do a tier 3, im currently on slimming world so i hope they see that as tier 3.

Yes Im seeing both on the 24th, ive been a watching YT vids on this & people are so negative. Almost put me off but I know i 100% need it, now i see why people do it & not say anything.

I have a friend in Walsall who is on tier 3 ( i figured i did know it but didnt know the name)
She has had 2 appointments but failed the goal for the next appointment so she has to wait another couple of months to hit her goal to move on.
I think you will still need to do tier 3 I’m afraid, all the other things that we try only serve to make us eligible for a referral, unless NICE guidelines have changed we still have to do tier 3 to get to tier 4, a part of tier 3 is the 6 or 12 month assessment (depending on your BMI and any Co morbidity’s) in which you have to lose 5% of your body weight and keep it off to move forward, I don’t want you to be disappointed if they tell you this on your first appointment, check out the NICE website in case things have changed, I hope for your sake they have xxx

I think you will still need to do tier 3 I’m afraid, all the other things that we try only serve to make us eligible for a referral, unless NICE guidelines have changed we still have to do tier 3 to get to tier 4, a part of tier 3 is the 6 or 12 month assessment (depending on your BMI and any Co morbidity’s) in which you have to lose 5% of your body weight and keep it off to move forward, I don’t want you to be disappointed if they tell you this on your first appointment, check out the NICE website in case things have changed, I hope for your sake they have xxx

Oh i see, maybe that was just wishful thinking then lool.

Thanks for the insight X

Yea I’ve been doing SW for best part of 3 years and have yo-yo-ed between 18-22st the whole time, I just can’t keep it off, I still go tho, weather I know I’ve gained or know I’ve lost, I have to or I’d balloon and there’d be no end.
I’ve tried Orlistat too.
I’ve watched so many episodes of Weight Loss Ward and Fat Doctor or YT, I find how the surgeons talk through each individual case and show the surgery fascinating and so relatable, all the psychological side of it too, how it’s not all sunshine and roses!
I’ve only told a couple of ppl, mainly because I’ve got a 3 and a 4 year old and I’m gonna need a hand from the off when I need to go to appointments and stuff, I’ll need family to look after them. Ive only had positive responses so far. Luckily the boys are too young to understand. They’re my main, biggest, reason for wanting it tbh.
Do you know which op you’d prefer?
Which surgeon are you seeing? x

Yep I have 4 lil ones so my willpower is really them too, im leaning towards the sleeve as i dnt want anything foriegn in my body (band) although the band is reversible and can be adjusted if need be.

Im defo prepared for the downsides, i had a c sec with my last born so i kind of know what to expect in regards to pain.

Which op would you do?
Im seeing DR Ajaz, who are you seeing?

Hello again!!
Argh!! This is so hard!!
I really don’t want to waste anyone’s time, my own included!
Yourself and others have said about tier 3, and I’ve read lots about it and when I realised I skipped it I did speak with Homerton, I spoke directly with a lady called Jacqueline who’s the Tier 3 lady I would potentially work with in my area, told them what I had/hadn’t done and nobody has stopped me and said ‘nope you need to be doing this this and this.’
Maybe I’ll make a GP appointment see what he says? I’ve only got 3 weeks until my appointments anyway now I’d rather be doing something proactive that waiting and having to take a sideways or backward step before I can move forwards.
Thanks for your advice Bling, I think it’s so easy to get swept away at this early stage, me and my rose tinted glasses!!! x

Hello again!!
Argh!! This is so hard!!
Yourself and others have said about tier 3, and I’ve read lots about it and when I realised I skipped it I did speak with Homerton, I spoke directly with a lady called Jacqueline who’s the Tier 3 lady I would potentially work with in my area, told them what I had/hadn’t done and nobody has stopped me and said ‘nope you need to be doing this this and this.’
Maybe I’ll make a GP appointment see what he says? I’ve only got 3 weeks until my appointments anyway now I’d rather be doing something proactive that waiting and having to take a sideways or backward step before I can move forwards.
Thanks for your advice Bling, I think it’s so easy to get swept away at this early stage, me and my rose tinted glasses!!! x

Personally I would wait for my apt, isimply because these DR’s dnt seem to know the ins & outs of the whole process sometimes.

You are determined and even if you had to do tier 3 you would smash it!!

You never know you might not need to do it ☺️

Personally I would wait for my apt, isimply because these DR’s dnt seem to know the ins & outs of the whole process sometimes.

You are determined and even if you had to do tier 3 you would smash it!!

You never know you might not need to do it ☺️
Yea ur right and if the doctor did know, surely I’d be doing tier 3 now? I’ll just wait. What will be will be. Every day’s a school day! x
Oh and I’m seeing Mr Sanjay Agrawal, I’ve read some lovely reviews, x

Hello again!!
Argh!! This is so hard!!
Don’t be sorry, try not to worry, tier 3 should be taken care of at Homerton so there won’t be anything you can do to help yourself before that first appointment, I’m sure you have lots of questions to ask them, add to the list an explanation of what tier 3 involves xxx

Don’t be sorry, try not to worry, tier 3 should be taken care of at Homerton so there won’t be anything you can do to help yourself before that first appointment, I’m sure you have lots of questions to ask them, add to the list an explanation of what tier 3 involves xxx
Yea I will do, my list is getting longer and longer, I’m going to need a 3 day appointment at this rate!! x

Back