• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

GP finally referred me to Homerton

Have you heard anything back yet @12lizzie12 ? x

Hi Maria,

So I found out my Gp done another referral with the exact same information he put the first time

Luckily Homerton are so helpful when you call! So it was sent again last week Monday and I ha sent heard anything yet. I’m guessing it’s a good sign because the refusal letters I’ve had have all come in the same week the referral letters were sent. I’m hoping it means I should be expecting an appointment soon. I don’t know if I should wait or call to find out.

Thanks for asking xx

Oh no way!!!! Have you asked to see a copy of the most recent one so you know what’s on it?
How frustrating!!
Keep us updated won’t you? x

Oh no way!!!! Have you asked to see a copy of the most recent one so you know what’s on it?
How frustrating!!
Keep us updated won’t you? x

Hi Maria,

I was so annoyed honestly, why do something if your not gonna do it properly! I didn’t even think to ask to see a copy I should have really. Well I’ve been at home today and the postman’s been still no letter. I tried ringing Homerton but can never get through. I hope I’ll be receiving an appointment soon!

Hey hun,

Still no letter so I’m taking that as a good thing. I’ve emailed them like 10 mins ago just waiting for a reply. Just seen your appointments been pushed back x

Hi Lizzie,

I’m also under the Homerton Hospital, I haven’t had my surgery just yet but I can give you some information on my journey so far.

I’m 5ft4. At the time of my referral, I had a BMI of 40 and I weighted 108kg.

At the moment there is no tier 3 in my area (Hackney), and Homerton currently doesn't offer an alternative program like some other hospitals do. You’ll be fine.

I was referred in March 2018 and my first appointment was in May. I was seen by a Dietitian and a Consultant. The appointments were to talk about my weight loss history, eating habits etc and to also establish if I needed further assessments such as Psychology, Physiotherapy, Sleep Studies, Endoscopy and so on.

Lucky as I have no health complications, all that was I required to do were bloods and ECG tests.

I then went to a Bariatric workshop at a later date, which was for about an hour. I found this very informative as we were given loads of information on all the different types of surgery and how the whole process works at the Homerton.

I was then advised I needed to loose 5-10% of my weight, and I needed to take vitamin supplements for three months as I was a little low on my vitamin D. (I would strongly advise you to start taking an all vitamin and mineral supplement from now so this doesn’t set you back in any way, should you be low in anything as Homerton take this serious from my experience).

I was then taken to the MDT meeting and I have recently been given the all clear for surgery. Just waiting for my pre-surgery appointments to happen and then I will be given an official date for surgery.

I did have a few set backs in between particularly because of my weight and BMI being borderline, and the fact that I have no other health issues or complications. I am literally an easy case.
Nevertheless, I stood my ground and refused to be robbed off at any opportunity. What really helped me was the fact the my referal letter from my GP was very very detailed and “backed up” all my claims of attempts to loose weight over the past years.

I probably would have had my surgery by now if didn’t have these minor set backs so Homerton do work very very fast.

Feel free to PM me of you want to talk more and I can give you more detailed info

Xx

Hi Lizzie,

I’m also under the Homerton Hospital, I haven’t had my surgery just yet but I can give you some information on my journey so far.

I’m 5ft4. At the time of my referral, I had a BMI of 40 and I weighted 108kg.

At the moment there is no tier 3 in my area (Hackney), and Homerton currently doesn't offer an alternative program like some other hospitals do. You’ll be fine.

I was referred in March 2018 and my first appointment was in May. I was seen by a Dietitian and a Consultant. The appointments were to talk about my weight loss history, eating habits etc and to also establish if I needed further assessments such as Psychology, Physiotherapy, Sleep Studies, Endoscopy and so on.

Lucky as I have no health complications, all that was I required to do were bloods and ECG tests.

I then went to a Bariatric workshop at a later date, which was for about an hour. I found this very informative as we were given loads of information on all the different types of surgery and how the whole process works at the Homerton.

I was then advised I needed to loose 5-10% of my weight, and I needed to take vitamin supplements for three months as I was a little low on my vitamin D. (I would strongly advise you to start taking an all vitamin and mineral supplement from now so this doesn’t set you back in any way, should you be low in anything as Homerton take this serious from my experience).

I was then taken to the MDT meeting and I have recently been given the all clear for surgery. Just waiting for my pre-surgery appointments to happen and then I will be given an official date for surgery.

I did have a few set backs in between particularly because of my weight and BMI being borderline, and the fact that I have no other health issues or complications. I am literally an easy case.
Nevertheless, I stood my ground and refused to be robbed off at any opportunity. What really helped me was the fact the my referal letter from my GP was very very detailed and “backed up” all my claims of attempts to loose weight over the past years.

I probably would have had my surgery by now if didn’t have these minor set backs so Homerton do work very very fast.

Feel free to PM me of you want to talk more and I can give you more detailed info

Xx
Hi Lotus,

My Gp aren’t very good they hardly put any information on the referral.
How do you personal message on here I don’t even know lol x

Back