• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

GP finally referred me to Homerton

I'll let you know how I get on, thanks for your help, x
Good luck Maria, I'm sure it will be good news, can't wait for you to find out either. Exciting times x

@LotusFlowerBomb Thanks but I got sorted, seeing my surgeon on Thursday! Exciting times! x

Aww great news!!

Hopefully you’ll sign your consent forms etc.

I’m a little disappointed, apparently there’s a bit of a back log on the waiting list for surgery dates. People that were consented back in Aug have still not been given dates yet . I was told I should expect surgery in March or even later.

Does anyone know much about the 18-week referral to treatment guidelines ??

@MariaMaria83
Well the consultant told me 12 weeks, but me being me (lol) managed to get through to the guy who actually books in the surgery dates.

I told him what the consultant had said re 12 weeks, and according to him that certainly isn’t the case for now. He said he will be emailing her to advise her of the back log and not to send people straight to pre op.

I’m under Kalpana Devalia, so it may be just for her though? Which consultant are you under?

@LotusFlowerBomb
Originally I was under Sanjay Agrawal, then before my first appointment, changed to Adam Goralczyk.
I'll explain to him what you've just said if you don't mind? And see what he says?
It's a bit of a back log to not know about tho, 12 week - 5/6 months, x

Hey @LotusFlowerBomb so I asked and he said each surgeons list is very different but he didn't so much say a back log, he said there's cut backs in the new year and that bariatrics will be hit, so in Jan/Feb little or no surgeries will be carried out.
Not the best response for either of us but at least honest!

@MariaMaria83 Hey, I hope you’re ok?
I spoke to them again last week, I was told I am number 13 on my consultants waiting list and I should expect to be given a date in March 2019!
Any news for you ? X
Hey, I’m good thank you.
I spoke to Arfan (total guess on the spelling!) the appointment booking guy, who spoke to my surgeon, he said I’m 1st on my surgeons list for 2019 so expect last week in Jan! Guessing pre op will be mid - end of December but I’m going to start calling about that from this week.
There was a possibility of a date before Christmas but, tbh, I’m quite pleased I get ‘one last Christmas!’
Are you ok with the wait being a bit longer than you originally were told? It is what it is I suppose tho hey and March will soon be here, x

@MariaMaria83
If I’m honest, I’m not really happy with the long wait. The booking guy suggested I speak to hazel about the possibility of changing my surgeon, but I’m not sure if it’s even worth the hassle
Ok at my appointment my surgeon told me ‘any queries re wait times etc contact Hazel on ‘this’ email/number. When I spoke to Kingsley he told me Hazel either, didn’t work there anymore or didn’t hold that position anymore? That’s when I got put thru to the other guy?

You wouldn’t have to go thru any of the process again would you? Just a case of moving your name over. Worth asking the question...no?

How long since you got referred? x

Oh wow. I did try to call her today but I kept on getting her voicemail. Perhaps I will call kingley tomorrow.

Apparently, I’ll just need to sign consent forms with a new surgeon.
Yea I’d call him, he seems to be the go to bloke. Let me know how you get on.
How would you feel about changing ur surgeon at this stage tho? x

Back