• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gutted!! In Dolan Park waiting op tomorrow

gailm

melmels01 said:
oh, no i am waiting to be picked up now. and not sure what to expect. do they have a dvd player in the room? i am not sure whether to take my laptop or not? i have packed dvd's and magazines and a book lol

No there is no DVD player in
Your room
The drivers who collect and take you home are fab 5*
The receptionists are amazing and
The night staff were FAB too
Day staff are poor but just use your buzzer
If ya need anything don't sit quiet like me
Good luck xxx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

gailm

melmels01 said:
oh, no i am waiting to be picked up now. and not sure what to expect. do they have a dvd player in the room? i am not sure whether to take my laptop or not? i have packed dvd's and magazines and a book lol

Hi melmels
Hope everything as gone ok for you
Keep me posted
Xxx

voodoo

Gail how are you now? I'm starting to get a bit worried, hope there are nice nurses when I go on the 7th July! Are you in pain, how is your food/fluid intake? Hope you are ok.
xxxx sharon

gailm

voodoo said:
Gail how are you now? I'm starting to get a bit worried, hope there are nice nurses when I go on the 7th July! Are you in pain, how is your food/fluid intake? Hope you are ok.
xxxx sharon

Hi Sharon
I feel amazing already and yes I will be honest the pain was the worst the few days after the op mainly the wind and didn't help that it was that time of month for me too which I suffer really bad
The night time nurses are lovely and paula the receptionist is adorable
I don't regret it was worth the pain and have already lost 1stone 2lb in 2 weeks Thursday :)
Good luck Let me know how you go xxx

voodoo

Gail, WTG!! I'm sure as you lose TOTM should get better, or so I've heard. What worked best on the wind, gripe water, deflatine or..? Are you managing to walk much? SO pleased for you that you've lost so much and feel great in such a short time.
xxxx sharon

Red 42

novice bypasser
when I had my band done at Dolan Park, I ended up sharing a room with another girl because 'they were extremely busy and were full up'. rooms are basic, no frills but the staff were very nice...I also had to share a car on the way down with two other people and ended up going from Co Durham via St Helens Merseyside then to Bromsgrove :mad: they don't tell you that when you're paying your £7000!!

just be prepared.

melmels01

hi guys, had it done. all went well. felt like i was waiting around a lot. drivers were late picking me up and taking me home but all in all had a good experience. i am experiencing a bit of pain round the port site which i am guessing are the stitches?? if anyone else experienced this please let me know. also how long did it take for you to feel ok walking around enough to walk to the shops without hunching over lol x

gailm

voodoo said:
Gail, WTG!! I'm sure as you lose TOTM should get better, or so I've heard. What worked best on the wind, gripe water, deflatine or..? Are you managing to walk much? SO pleased for you that you've lost so much and feel great in such a short time.
xxxx sharon

Hi Sharon
I was using deflatine they worked good
I walked fine a couple of days after
It's a week today and my life is back to normal activities etc
It's almost like having a baby lol you forget
The pain easily haha
Good luck not long now xxx

gailm

melmels01 said:
hi guys, had it done. all went well. felt like i was waiting around a lot. drivers were late picking me up and taking me home but all in all had a good experience. i am experiencing a bit of pain round the port site which i am guessing are the stitches?? if anyone else experienced this please let me know. also how long did it take for you to feel ok walking around enough to walk to the shops without hunching over lol x

Melmel
Yes it's normal I had the same pain
After 3/4 days you will feel like a new woman
Glad everything went good :)
Take it easy xxx

gailm

melmels01 said:
thanks gailm xxxxxxxxxxxxx

No probs :)
Make sure you rest as I never had chance!
But also walk around gently will help with wind pain and dvt
Have THG being in touch with you yet?
I had a call day after the hospital to ask if I was ok and not had any more calls even by a dietician I think there are useless
Xx

Katkit1

Not going anywhere!
Hi Gail and Well done on your weight loss so far!

Hope your coping ok Mel - as Gail says the wind will subside within 2 or 3 days, just keep slowly walking around as often as you can...it will help it work through your system.

I had my band fitted at Dolan Park last October. I think people do seem to have differing experiences of the place...as well as having different expectations. I had family with me all the time that 1st day, so did`t need the nursing staff. The night nurse I had was so lovely and could`nt do enough for me. I met Pam the dietician before I left and made an appointment for 6 weeks later, which I had a letter confirming in the interim. I felt well looked after while I was in there, but I know it does`nt suit everyone.

Hope all the new banders are coping well and shout if you need any help!

Love Kat x

Tray3004

Well dun on the surgery n good luck wiv the weight loss ladies :) x