• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

have i rushed into this??

suebland

Hi
Well this has just been one fast week for me, my doctor refered me to a biatric team but not heard anything now for 2 months, so i decided to look online and seen the Hospital Group advertising the band so i rung up mon gone so in 5 days i am seeing a consultant on tues 1st Nov 2011, £500 deposit paid for the operation on the 8th Nov and i am sat here thinking woooooooo i am so nervous now and just wish Rome wasn't buil in a day but with me i alawys want it now ... have i done the right thing?? am i ready?? i just want to feel happy again
sue

You have done the right thing, if you can afford it!! this is not called a life changing operation for no reason - it really does change your life!! Stay focussed on the end result!! Good luck x

Welcome Sue, you'll get lots of advice from the friendly experts on here.

Sue - Good luck. I did similar to be honest. Did lots of research on the internet and thought about surgery for about 2 years before taking the plunge to go to a consultation. Then I made an immediate decision about taking the next steps (I know the patient co-ordinator was in essence a sales person - but I did not feel pressurised whatsoever, for me it was just good to see a person in real life, who the op had worked for). There are never 100% guarantees over anything in life, and I did what I thought was right at the time. And I am so pleased I did. I went with The Hospital Group and so far (4 months down the line) I am happy with my decision to have the band fitted, the provider and the aftercare. The 53lbs I have lost so far since 1 July have been worth the money and the effort.

Wishing you all the best xxx

fantastic flutterby you have made me feel so much better, its all been telephone at the minute, just worried i only have 10 days to shrink my liver??? gonna do the cambridge diet (which i couldn't get passed the 2nd shake) but this time i know i need to do for the op) thank you everybody and i know this site is going to help me x

good luck with whatever you choose sue, there are people on here that have had surgery and everyone will give you support and most of all every one is very honest, open and very supportive, non judgemental, what ever you choose trust your gut feeling its always the right thing to do for me. take care. x x x x

I used the hospital group for my bypass in July which hospital u going too and who are u see in your consultation meeting xx

Don't worry sue it ll be fine. I am two and a bit week post op. I screwed my pre op diet but still my liver shrank enough and had band fitted with THG. Since 5th of august I have lost over 25 pounds. I went out for lunch with Oh on Friday as it is our tradition and had jacket potato with cheese and beans only managed a quarter of it. U ll be amazed how full u feel on little amount. I posted a bit during the op day and did a recap in my diary if it helps put ur mind at ease. Also look at the daily food and exercise ad it ll help u see what ur future food intake ll be like. I know that this helps me a lot. Any question don't hesitate :) good luck xxx

hi miserable
Your diary i actually sat and read it all, it made me feel so at ease thank you for that, it made me smile too some bits so funny, your O.H bless him lol... thank you for your help hun i really appreciate it x

Oh good I am glad u found it useful..that's me I can't be too serious :) but if u think of anything just ask. There are so many helpful people here all at different stage so u always ll find ur answers.

what happens at the consultation hun??? i am so looking forward but worried incase he says no for some reason

Consultation is making sure you have all your questions answered they won't turn you down trust me!!! Ask q's, they then weigh you, check blood pressure etc x

i thought that cause i am paying private and they won't want to lose their money.... Can't believe i have a op date and not seen anybody yet?:?? happy tho

if you have a BMI of over 35 they won't turn you down. But you have 5 or 7 days after the consultation to cancel. So getting a date is for you if you wanted it done asap. Consultation me and my OH saw the surgeon and i am not joking my OH had about 3 pages of questions... and fair play to the surgeon he was very patient and answered each question and he told my OH that he was only doing his job to look after me. took blood pressure and your weight and you will also have a questionnaire to complete before hand about medical history etc... The surgeon also shows you a band and how it works. A good thing to look on you tube is the 8 golden rules from an australian surgeon who is one of the first to practise this op... who is your surgeon?

miserable can you please post here what you actually eat roughly straight after your op.... read everything you wrote but cant find your diet thanks sweet

The first 2 weeks I put everything through a sieve... innocent smoothies, soups, garden brand ones, the smooth one first then after 10, 12 days move onto the more feeling chuck one like leek and potato... slimfast milkshake the coffee late is my favorite. Tbh u won't be that hungry at the beginning. All smooth (no bits) yogurts

Back